Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
@Scorpio1971 : Looks like you installed over 0.19.00? You have both a modules-directory AND a module-directory. That wouldn't happen if you did a clean install, only if you copied the 0.20.00 files on top of a modified 0.19.00 install. Since in your steps you never indicated that you actually extracted SuperPowered_v0.20.00-pc, only that you downloaded it, I can't assume anything here. For a quick fix, delete the modules-directory. Personally, I'd start clean though.
Yay,it worked ,
thnx bro :)

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
@Thatguy : There should be a file called func_definitions.py in your game/python-packages. That's what he's trying to load. It's in the zip file for the mod, so it should be present on your system. Can you see if it's there?
It's not in the mod folder or in my game folder. also not seeing Python-packages. deleted everything (except the .rar), re-extracted, tried to get the game running, still didn't work. Also step 4 is confusing. says there should be 10 new directories but there isn't

Last edited:

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry, I missed the notification that you had replied and was building my new kitchen all day (dang you, IKEA, you may win this one, but I will win the war!).

It's possible to extract in flat-style, but that would have extracted every file in the same directory.

Do it like I would, step by step.

Assuming you're using Windows 7 or higher and no WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-ZIP or other third-party file managers. If you do, the process won't be that different (on double-clicking it would open their file manager instead of Windows Explorer).

1) Extract the clean game. Does it run?
2) Count the rpa files. All there?
3) Keep that folder open and open a second Explorer window. In it, find and double-click on the SLDR-0.20.00-MODDED.zip file. Do you see the 7 files and 10 directories?
4) Select them all (CTRL+A would work) and just drag them over to the other window with all the RPA files. It shouldn't overwrite anything.
5) Now you would have all the files you need. Try to run the game. It should give you errors about things being defined twice. That's good, it means it sees the mod.
6) Remove scripts.rpa and run the game again. Does it run? (Just getting to the main menu is enough)
If so, the mod should work. Now you can continue with Get Lucky if you want.

If there is an even easier way of writing instructions, I'm too dumb to know it.

This is pretty much how I do it every version. I start with a clean version and run the game between every step. Once I've zipped the files, I start with a clean version again and follow my own instructions to see if I've forgotten anything. Since the saves are stored somewhere else, it doesn't matter how many times you delete the game and start clean. Right now, I have 2 versions of 0.19.00 and one modded 0.20.00 on my drive.

PS. Did you remove that "{"? Crazy stuff happens with characters like that in your path.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
RPARAR.png
That folder has been like that for over a year, also not seeing the 10 directories. Up till the mod installation the game works fine, then I try adding the mods (just SLDR and then SLDR and GL with SLDR going first). I only see the 7 RPY files when opening the rar from the OP for v0.20.00

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
upload_2017-12-9_22-17-31.jpeg
This is so very very strange. This is me when I double-click the same file that I uploaded to this thread:
upload_2017-12-9_22-19-5.png
The folders are right there...

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Some of those were through unren or whatever. only folder in my game directory is cache. Even Unren or what ever doesn't give me that folder. And I downloaded from this site using the mega link

anther folder.png myfolder.png

EDIT: So they are there now, they weren't before.

Last edited:

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
I've finally gotten around to playing again. The next addition to Get Lucky will be the Neighborhood Watch. On Felix, it should increase the odds of catching someone, on Kobayashi it should not only guarantee it, but also allow you to select male or female. But wait, there's more! On Kobayashi, you're so lucky, you never oversleep after the watch!

(Or should I take the oversleeping out on Felix as well?)

EDIT:

So, that is done. The odds of catching a thief were always over 50% with Enhanced Senses 3, and the odds of that being a woman were always 50%. So in this case (with Enhanced Senses 3) it won't matter if you have Felix or Kobayashi active, you'll always catch the female thief. If you don't have Enhanced Senses 3, it's still pretty high (40% on vanilla, so 80% with Felix).
As stated, on Kobayashi, you won't oversleep. You're too lucky for that. Now get your butt to school!

This addition is NOT in Get Lucky yet, even though it's ready. I may release it early, or I may wait for the next hotfix/release to avoid confusion with the version numbers.

Next, I have GOT to do something about the combat. At least see if I can reset the player stats to 100 every round.

EDIT2:

Done, player's health, willpower and energy reset to 100 after every action, both Billy's and their opponent's actions. I guess I'd need to create a little extra option for this, for those that don't want it. Since I'm all about insightful references to things, I'll call the option 'iddqd'. Who knew instantly what that reference is to? No Googling!

Is it possible to create a console command in Ren'Py, like 'iddqd', or will it always have to be 'iddqd = True'? Anybody know?

Last edited:

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I really apreciate what you do here, but why don't you mix the two mods together? people that just want the mod and don't wanna get lucky just need to not activate it, and you actually need the mod to make get lucky work anyway

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
I already did. :cool:
The 0.20.01 version allows you to pick either modded only or modded+getlucky. No more need to install them on top of one another. Just pick one. As a matter of fact, I even distribute it as an rpa-file (just like the hotfix files), allowing for an even easier install.

Up until recently, I considered myself bound by the fact that @SLDR 's mod was his work and not mine. So I forbade myself to alter any part of the mod (except for my own personal use). I have now received enough confirmation that I consider the current version to be a fork, or continuation, of the original mod. Based upon @SLDR 's work but authored by me. And so I have given myself permission to begin editing the mod as I see fit.

Over the next few versions, I'll begin merging them completely. I'm looking into creating a menu that allows players to turn the different components on/off. When that is done, I'll offer only one file.

PS Love what you did there: "...don't wanna get lucky..." :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Randor and gestved

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Currently playing around with Daz, and I thought I leave that here as a little thanks for your work....
I'm not great, so excuse the diverse lighting and clipping errors etc :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DarkPhilosopher

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks! It sort of feels good honoring my first mod. And you're still better than I am. Maybe I'll paste it in the first post at some point, if you don't mind?

Reactions: RustyXXL

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Sure, do with it whatever you like :)
It really just has been me playing around in daz for a couple of hours...well and then waiting 2.5h for the render and maybe 30 mins or so following a photoshop tutorial for the text. ^^
So there isn't really that much "art" in there...that'd imply that I knew what I've been doing, so I hardly could feel any justification to put any kind of usage limitations on it ;)

Edit:
Here's the psd, so you can crop the image/move the text etc:

Last edited:

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
So, once I get a girl to 30 Willpower en 100 Control, I tend to allow myself to keep it there using cheats. To that end, I created a button called "Mindhack" underneath the Sext/Invite button.On clicking the button, it will set those two values for that character.

Any interest in something like that in the mod?

Which reminds me, if anyone has suggestions for the mod let me know. I'm no Ren'Py pro, but I may be able to implement it.
For example, every night the game cycles through all the characters and performs certain actions like increasing Willpower and checking for Unstable states. I could use that to perform some actions too.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Well, tbh there are advantages and disadvantages to having both high and low willpower, control, inhibition, control and to an extend lust, iirc. Love and Favour can also be quite annoying to keep up.
I think anger and suspicion can also play a role to get the obsession/nympho stuff, and may have some other advantages as well, but I usually don't find it to hard to manage those and influence them to values I want.

So next to the very cheaty way of locking everything into place, maybe there would be a less intrusive way.
It's just an idea...
maybe each night you have a girl at 100 favour you get +natural social+mindcontrol rank to your minimum favour with that girl, starting at 0 to a maximum of 70 (to keep it somewhat balanced) and then each night, whenever a girl has less than that, it gets upped to that.
Maybe the same for love, but with a lover max value?
As I said, it's just an idea, not completly sure what the implications would be long term.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
So, once I get a girl to 30 Willpower en 100 Control, I tend to allow myself to keep it there using cheats. To that end, I created a button called "Mindhack" underneath the Sext/Invite button.On clicking the button, it will set those two values for that character.

Any interest in something like that in the mod?

Which reminds me, if anyone has suggestions for the mod let me know. I'm no Ren'Py pro, but I may be able to implement it.
For example, every night the game cycles through all the characters and performs certain actions like increasing Willpower and checking for Unstable states. I could use that to perform some actions too.
that would be great, it's so annoying to keep lowering willpower from sister and mom every two days that I don't even bother to play fair anymore and just slide that bar to 30, but sometimes I forget and they lose the illness, luckily I save often

on the other girls aren't that bad since they only raise 10 willpower per day

Reactions: Andy02

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
sooo get lucky mod is supposed to help get the random events but a little problem is that i can easily get the bath events now but well family still sees you as such no matter how corrupt they are so they still get angry how do i get rid of that ?

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
how do i get rid of that ?
Seriously, this question has been asked and answered so many times in the games thread, that even I am getting annoyed by this question, and that is honestly quite telling. Go read the games thread or the wiki, it's all been answered.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
sooo get lucky mod is supposed to help get the random events but a little problem is that i can easily get the bath events now but well family still sees you as such no matter how corrupt they are so they still get angry how do i get rid of that ?
you have to remove family ties through mind control with sister and mother

get lucky don't have influence on that since the shower events aren't random (it happens every morning with sister and every afternoon with mom), it helps on, for example, getting sophie and mom event every wednesday/saturday night, or helping to go well on classes/jobs

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
It works fine on MacOS since the content is identical, you just need to find the game-directory. On Mac, that would be SuperPowered_v0.20.00.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\

I don't know if you can just browse there using Mac's file manager, but others have succeeded, so it should be easy enough.

By the way, the issue with the Year Day happens every year. Just play through the day and the next day will be a Sunday, I believe.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes