Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

J0sta

Feb 4, 2017
this will be the third time i had to download the game due to replacing files (cause there aint no way I'm going to manually look and move every single individual file) for this mod. please figure out the images thing. we've followed the directions but they just simply aren't working. lol if this was a smaller game it wouldn't be an issue but 1.55gigs is a lot on my shitty connection.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@J0sta :
  1. The images thing? This mod? We? Watcha talkin bout Willis?
  2. As Confucius say: Man without backup will have shitty recovery. Making a copy of the 1.55GiB before replacing the files would save you a re-download. I always have two copies, one to mess with, one clean from the download.
    I do actually mention backing up three times in the instructions. If you missed that part, maybe you missed other parts of the instruction as well?
  3. A whole lot of people are successfully applying these mods, maybe one of them is kind enough to make a YouTube video?
  4. I'm willing to help, but only to an extent. At some point, I want you to use your little grey cells and figure it out by yourself. When I made this mod, I was completely unhindered by any form of skill in Python or knowledge of Ren'Py. All I had was curiosity. A week later I was patching SLDR's mod into newer versions of the game.
@shmit : Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the link between mods and your issue, I don't know of any mod that modifies the files causing the problem. If you have this consistently whenever replacing files (even though in this case the version you downloaded already contains replaced files) then the issue has to be on your end and I can't help you any further.

Strange how nobody reported any issues when these mods were posted in the main thread, and now all I get is people having issues. The only difference being that the game now (since 00.17.00) has loads of folders instead of a flat structure.

If there's anyone where this mod actually works, besides me, post something please. Just so I know it works for people. Thanks!

DMCDante

May 13, 2017
If there's anyone where this mod actually works, besides me, post something please. Just so I know it works for people. Thanks!
Since I am a Patreon I have the 18.02 unmodded version (my game folder has the rpa files), I simply used the UnRen.bat to extract the rpa files into rpyc files and then deleted those rpa files.

After that I applied the SLDR files into my game folder overwriting when prompted, then did the same for Get Lucky.

It works without a hitch.

P.S. Haven't tried with the newly released 18.10

Retief

Aug 13, 2017
Since I am a Patreon I have the 18.02 unmodded version (my game folder has the rpa files), I simply used the UnRen.bat to extract the rpa files into rpyc files and then deleted those rpa files.

After that I applied the SLDR files into my game folder overwriting when prompted, then did the same for Get Lucky.

It works without a hitch.

P.S. Haven't tried with the newly released 18.10
And 18.11 just came out today. Fixes Sophie image problems (yeah... those were driving me crazy).

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks @DMCDante ! For your information, you don't actually need to UnRen anything, just remove scripts.rpa and copy in the files from the patch, leaving all the other RPA files intact. It's how I run it anyway.

If you want, I can mod the newer versions for you as well, just upload scripts.rpa somewhere and give me the link. If you feel like sharing, you can do it in this thread and I will do the same. Otherwise, PM me the link and once again, I'll do the same. No guarantees it'll work for me using the other 'older' rpa-files, but it should work for you.

Mark Marson

Jul 30, 2017
Nice work DarkPhilosopher, small question could it be possible for you to modify the chance of nympho events to fire? I am not sure if this is something you can do, love the mod regardless.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Walkthrough :
You have to have high grades (100 is best) on the last Friday morning of the month. Then on Monday of the next week Larson calls you into her office and gives you 25 logistics influence. After that, during school hours, get somebody to drive you out to the logistics office where you can spend 20 points to unlock the Janitor job.

Report :
Since applied this GL mode, activate GL and fresh start, Larson never call the MC when reach 100 if using the cheat. Also, GRADE never raise when you study nor decrease if you're not study, just freeze.

I use & play the v0.18.02 PC modded* version, download and extract SLDR-0.18.02-MODDED.zip as order, download and extract GetLucky-0.18.02-b1.zip as order, go to Preference, activate Cheat & GL (choose Felix), start new game, Grade never raise nor Larson event related to grade. Because of this, I cannot open Job opportunity as this require that event so the icon won't grey out and ready for selection.

Before using GL, just use the v0.18.02 PC modded*, everything is okay, grade work as intended.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Benn82 :
I installed the same as you, started a clean playtrough. I set my grades to 100, played for the first two weeks. After Friday the 28th, Mom got the report card. Next Monday, I was called into the Principal's office, got the award for raising my grade, followed by the commencing of the storyline. I now have 100 School influence and 25 Logistics influence.

Unfortunately, I can't explain why it doesn't trigger for you, especially since my mod doesn't touch those specific event triggers as far as I know.

I could still test whether grades still raise or lower on their own on a Friday, but it's getting late now.

Also, you'll need to go to the Logistics Division before the work icon at school becomes active. Something that should really be more obvious, since 3 out of 4 players (including myself) don't realize that. It's difficult to get to Logistics in the beginning.

Last edited:

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
With version 19 mod file, I used the same instructions as with 18. But it's not working for me, any help please the directories don't matchup no files are over written everything looks to be net new.

Reactions: Twistty

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Andy02 : In the 0.19.00 version, the .\game-directory contains 24 rpa files, a ttf-file, a txt-file and a cache-directory. All you have to do in this case is backup & delete the scripts.rpa file and copy/extract the SLDR-0.19.00-MODDED file's contents in. This will create 10 new directories (from chars to util) and 7 rpy-files (from func_action_processing to script). There should be no overwrites, only new files.

For the mac version, it would be the .\Contents\Resources\autorun\game-directory

Does this help?

Reactions: gestved

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
@Andy02 : In the 0.19.00 version, the .\game-directory contains 24 rpa files, a ttf-file, a txt-file and a cache-directory. All you have to do in this case is backup & delete the scripts.rpa file and copy/extract the SLDR-0.19.00-MODDED file's contents in. This will create 10 new directories (from chars to util) and 7 rpy-files (from func_action_processing to script). There should be no overwrites, only new files.

For the mac version, it would be the .\Contents\Resources\autorun\game-directory

Does this help?

Thank you this worked as you said it would...

Cloaked Paladin

Jul 10, 2017
Well, I followed the install instructions and by golly it worked. I really appreciate the work and effort you've put into making the game that much less of a slog.

Thegame

Jun 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chars/char_Mom.rpy", line 2141, in script
    init python:
  File "game/chars/char_Mom.rpy", line 2147, in <module>
    (True, 'With Incest Flaw'),
TypeError: object() takes no parameters.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/chars/char_Mom.rpy", line 2141, in script
    init python:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\SuperPowered\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\SuperPowered\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/chars/char_Mom.rpy", line 2147, in <module>
    (True, 'With Incest Flaw'),
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\SuperPowered\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 929, in __init__
    raise TypeError("object() takes no parameters.")
TypeError: object() takes no parameters.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
SP 0.19.00

Know why this is coming up?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@Thegame : I did a little bit of digging, but unfortunately my Ren'Py scripting skills aren't at the level where I can see what causes it (yet). I know this piece of code has been around for multiple versions, since I can see it in previous versions of the scripts. I also know that the Object Class in question is only ever used in that particular snippet, so I have nothing to compare it to. Nor can I figure out how the value is actually used in the replay functionality.

I'm guessing this bug triggers when Mom is nympho and you just triggered Movie Time for the first time? I know many people have been able to trigger that scene (including me), so there shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. The only code that comes close to touching that part is the replay cheat, which is actually quite crude and tends not to take any variables into account (use the for that, I'll look into it further if @SLDR ever gives me permission to take over development of the mod). So it can't cause your error. I suggest you report it to the game's author, I think it's a bug (maybe a missing 'params='-statement).

Dboss

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you for the mod.
It pays to read instructions carefully or be like me and spend 3 hours getting a headache just to come back to read instructions. :disappointed::'(

Reactions: DarkPhilosopher

lonewolf0678

Jul 20, 2017
i cant get work and i not find the directory where to put the mods. i use windows on C: i have nothing with the Game and there where is the exe i have 4 folders Game lib renpy and update i try extract in game but comes anytime a error version 18 works good with mod. i guess will wait till next version and hope than works again.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@lonewolf0098 : Did you do as @Dboss said and follow the instructions? If you unpack, but you forget to remove the scripts.rpa file, you'll get an error (ScriptError: Name (...<longfilepathhere>...) is defined twice).

I speak from experience...

Reactions: Virikas

lonewolf0678

Jul 20, 2017
no i just put the two in the game folder where .rpa`s from siter anni and co are.
i hope is the right path i will try again and delet the script file thx.

did work thx a lot;)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Seems I have the same trouble as @Andy02 but I don't understand correctly
On 1 folder I have [mod_SLDR-0.19.00-MODDED.zip] and on the other I have [SuperPowered Modded\SuperPowered_v0.19.00-pc\game].

Now I keep repeating myself @DarkPhilosopher comment and "In the 0.19.00 version, the .\game-directory contains 24 rpa files, a ttf-file, a txt-file and a cache-directory. All you have to do in this case is backup & delete the scripts.rpa file and copy/extract the SLDR-0.19.00-MODDED file's contents in. This will create 10 new directories (from chars to util) and 7 rpy-files (from func_action_processing to script). There should be no overwrites, only new files." but I'm confused and can't comprehend the task.
Can you reformulate or explain in other words how to fix this duplicate problem?

This is the script error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes