Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Not exactly what I meant with "nicer replies". :p

He was using @bossapplesauce 's version first, which is why he had the SRC version. I think it's about time I download that version and write some additional instructions.

Reactions: Passion3D

vapeme21

Jul 3, 2017
Seriously?! It just took me 10 minutes to figure out if I should even dignify this with a response since the instructions mention that exact scenario. But since you are trying and you did download the big package, I will tell you to go back to the first post, read the instructions in the first spoiler-block there and follow them, including downloading the correct mod-package.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish...

Good thing @Passion3D is back, he usually gives nicer replies that don't alienate my customer base. :)
... my apologies as i looked through with all the different versions i didnt see the 29 on the right side, only saw it on the bottom. but ya, youre a dick, understandably

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Is it possible to remove the second requirement check on the bonus class activities for Allie and Samantha? Even with RA maxed out stats (higher than vanilla) the chances to shine in class are not very high. To have a second check after that isn't very useful in my opinion, especially if these actions are meant to help to rise/lower the corruption/inhibition at the beginning of the game. If not to remove the second check maybe tone down the requirement for it a bit.

PS
You can tell the parameters for both checks?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@IdarksoulsI
You have to be a bit more specific, I haven't played for a bit (won't until 0.30 when everybody need to make a fresh start). Bonus class activities? Is there a dialogue that you can give me so I can find the scene?

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
@IdarksoulsI
You have to be a bit more specific, I haven't played for a bit (won't until 0.30 when everybody need to make a fresh start). Bonus class activities? Is there a dialogue that you can give me so I can find the scene?
Sorry, was talking about "Critical Success" scenes:
Class Results
Attending class costs 20 energy and will have one of three results:

• Fail - 1 XP
  • Success - 1+ Natural Mental XP
  • Critical Success - 2x Mental XP - Improves
Class XP will go towards the talent associated with that class. Success is based on your mental stat and the talent the class teaches. Concentration improves critical success chances. Any success will prompt the woman in that class to appear and talk to you.

Note that with Natural Mental 1 (and no bonus to mental), you get the same XP from both a success and a critical success.
So far only Samantha and Allie have special scenes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Found it. Yeah, looks like I can do that too. It'll have the same two-level Get Lucky result that the classes have. In other words, if you're on Kobayashi Maru, it'll happen every time you go to that particular class. If you're on Felix, you'll double the odds, but can still fail even though you aced the class. I could cause guaranteed success on both levels of GL, but this seems more in line with the spirit of the mod.

I didn't read the whole scene, but is there a time-jump at the end? Or do you still go to the cantina? It can get annoying if it triggers all the time and you lose part of your day. A bit like Movie Time!

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
is there a time-jump at the end? Or do you still go to the cantina? It can get annoying if it triggers all the time and you lose part of your day.
The two classroom events are considered to be part of the classroom success, without any extra time commitment. The scene also has a built in choice to participate or not.

In practice, they are a lot like Sis' TV event. Gradual increase of naughtiness to the scene as the girl's stats go up. Pops you right back to where you were when it finishes.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017

In practice, they are a lot like Sis' TV event. Gradual increase of naughtiness to the scene as the girl's stats go up. Pops you right back to where you were when it finishes.
If Baal wanted those school success scenes to help you in getting better stats/relationships with the girls, he failed. By the time you have at least a reasonable chance to get those scenes + overcome the additional skill check, your stats/powers are so high already that it doesn't matter at all.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
does the 0.29 version of getlucky works with the 0.29.1?
If the update includes a scripts.rpa, and you replace it with the scripts.rpa from GL, then you are just reverting back to .29. In 99% of the updates, you will need a updated mod to work with the game version you are using. This isn't the case for all mods, but is the case for GL.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Not sure if this is intentional but it seems like Get Lucky no longer includes catching the thief when you do the neighborhood watch. It used to be guaranteed if you use the Kobayashi Maru setting. Now I usually find nothing. I use Radioactive as well so I don't know if that tweaks anything related to that.

Edit: Actually now that I've raised awareness a bit more it seems fine. I don't think it was ever actually guaranteed, just didn't have high enough awareness. It's the female thief rather than the male one that is guaranteed when you find one and that works fine.

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
Well, i'm playing and with cheats for me, unfortunately it's unplayable, every time that i tried to save, it crashes and it's game over.

I think i'll give up for this game because without cheats, it's way too slow.

Reactions: SalSunder85
Jul 30, 2018
Well, i'm playing and with cheats for me, unfortunately it's unplayable, every time that i tried to save, it crashes and it's game over.

I think i'll give up for this game because without cheats, it's way too slow.
First up Levant is correct this is for the DP mod not the game second make sure you have the updated versions of mods installed because if your using an older mod with the new version then that can crash it

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes