Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
If the game installation contains .rpa files, then install SLD-0.25.00-GETLUCKY.zip
If instead you see .rpyc files, then install SLD-0.25.00-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip

Reactions: hello.jpg

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
Had similar meltdown issues with the mod in v 24.0.1c, but they got straightened out. Currently, shit won't run at all, had to scrap "install" lol. I can live with console till then. I just like the click features for the more mundane BS that the radioactive mod adds. Just for shit's sake, SP ver 25.0.0 win similar v of said mods. (build whatever was available up till post date [june 10])

VincentYamato

Feb 12, 2018
im srry, how do i install this? i hve no idea what to do, and the instruction make no sense to me Far as i can tell from what i read on this thread i need a version thats compatible with the mod?

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Looks like it works for me, game wouldn't launch first time like he said it wouldnt and the second time the game came right up and asked if I wanted cheats

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
well darn, thats an unintended side effect
It's been said numerous times, with various mods. If a mod replaces an existing game file, then it usually needs to be for the specific version it states. In this case, the file you replace contains all the code for the content, so you are simply reverting the version back to 0.25, and won't get any new 0.26 content, and possibly introducing incompatibilities. The same thing goes for unity games, where the mods replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll, which also contains all the version specific code, and needs to be redone for each new version.

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
It's been said numerous times, with various mods. If a mod replaces an existing game file, then it usually needs to be for the specific version it states. In this case, the file you replace contains all the code for the content, so you are simply reverting the version back to 0.25, and won't get any new 0.26 content, and possibly introducing incompatibilities. The same thing goes for unity games, where the mods replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll, which also contains all the version specific code, and needs to be redone for each new version.

Well im glad I found out before I got very far into the game, now I can just redownload it and try again without cheats.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
the 0.26 mod will work when the base game is 0.26.02 right?
Same situation as what I posted above. Whether major or minor versions, mods need to be made for the exact same version you want to use, or all you are doing is reverting your version to whatever the mod version is.

26.02 game folder does not contain ANY rpa files. (Well, the crunched version anyway)
I don't use the crunched versions, but it sounds like the rpa files have been extracted and the packed file removed. This means the mod won't work, unless you extract that too, or use the src version of the mod, as loose files take precedence over packed files. However, the same rules apply, it still replaces the main scripts, and will still revert your game to the mod version.

Reactions: Taser Face

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
or use the src version of the mod
Yeah, I pretty much figured this out by looking back over some older posts. Thanks for replying, though. The SRC version is a small price to pay for people who like a good chunk of space freed up for minimal loss in visual quality.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Minimal?! Mary lost a whole cup size thanks to @bossapplesauce 's lossy compression!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Anyway, others have used the SRC-package succesfully on the compressed version. But I don't support it (since I can't know what's been done to the files and how it could affect the mod), which is why I don't advertise that fact.

Also, I noticed a bit of a discussion about the whole version thing. This mod is a core-mod. That means it replaces core parts of the game. As such, it is ALWAYS version-locked. Using an older version of the mod will simply revert your game back to that version. Using a newer version of the mod on an older version of the game could work, until it calls for missing images.

Either way, while people were talking about the mod being for a previous version, I had already updated it. Always check the first post in this thread, my signature or follow me to know when it's been updated. I will always update those three locations.

PS You think someone is actually going to compare Mary's cup size now?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Minimal?! Mary lost a whole cup size thanks to @bossapplesauce 's lossy compression!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Anyway, others have used the SRC-package succesfully on the compressed version. But I don't support it (since I can't know what's been done to the files and how it could affect the mod), which is why I don't advertise that fact.

Also, I noticed a bit of a discussion about the whole version thing. This mod is a core-mod. That means it replaces core parts of the game. As such, it is ALWAYS version-locked. Using an older version of the mod will simply revert your game back to that version. Using a newer version of the mod on an older version of the game could work, until it calls for missing images.

Either way, while people were talking about the mod being for a previous version, I had already updated it. Always check the first post in this thread, my signature or follow me to know when it's been updated. I will always update those three locations.
Just FYI - the way I compress Renpy games only changes the image/audio/video files. Renpy includes all the codecs it needs and doesn't look at the file extensions, just the headers. So for example, I re-encode all the PMG files as lossy webp but leave the file extension as .png so I don't have to edit the .rpy files.

TLDR - my compressed versions don't alter the rpy or rpyc files at all. :)

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Just FYI - the way I compress Renpy games only changes the image/audio/video files. Renpy includes all the codecs it needs and doesn't look at the file extensions, just the headers. So for example, I re-encode all the PMG files as lossy webp but leave the file extension as .png so I don't have to edit the .rpy files.

TLDR - my compressed versions don't alter the rpy or rpyc files at all. :)
I know, but if I start supporting custom versions of the game, who knows which versions come out of the woodwork then. So I support one version and that is the original unaltered one. If the mod works on others, good for them.

By the way, technically you don't actually need to unpack the scripts.rpa in the first place. It contains no images.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes