Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
I'm new to this game and feel like this might be the best one I've come across to date. To be honest, I feel a little overwhelmed however. After reading through all of the cheat threads, I'm not sure how to proceed to ensure everything is installed correctly.
My PLAN is to install the Get Lucky 0.24.01 mod into the 0.24.21 base game and leave it there for now. Assuming this works, is there a particular order I need to follow to install other mods like Radioactive, etc?
I'm also new to modding this type of game, so I apologize if my questions seem a little obtuse. I did do extensive modding for the SIMS 2-4 series, including 3D meshing of high poly count female bodies. Maybe SOMEDAY I'll start meshing again and creating my own characters to insert/replace current renders, but for now I want to learn about the way this type of game is modded.

EDIT: Cheats are installed and working, but the sister and Sophie are not showing up. What do I need to do?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Please bear in mind that the mod is version-locked. So if you install an .01 mod on a .21 game, it'll turn it back into a .01 game.

Sister is a perk you need to select when starting the game (or enable through the console), Sophie only shows up around mom when she's been out partying.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Ty for the tips on updating the mods, the cheat console is MORE than enough to keep the game interesting while reducing the 'grind'!
Sophie is back - I just wasn't hanging around until she went out with mom in my previous post.I failed to select the sis at game startup however, and don't see anywhere on the cheat console to bring her back. Do I need to start over again? From the wording of your last post there's a way I can bring her back with the console.

VL0rD

Oct 29, 2016
scripts.rpa is not found in this version of the game?? so there is no prompt for replace when i pasted the mod

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Sorry, guys, I was out all day and missed the posting of 0.25. I'm getting it from the Mega now, but I won't be able to update the mod until after work tomorrow.
Take your time ;) I have not seen any major changes other than adding scenes with Mary.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
So, maybe i'm just bad at this but I cannot get this to work. Which of the 4 files do I use? I have unzipped the get lucky 25 and copied everything to the superpowered 25 folder and nothing. Halp?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
On top of the one that's already there. If you can't find the existing scripts.rpa, you're not looking in the right places. I honestly cannot make it any easier, sorry.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
On top of the one that's already there. If you can't find the existing scripts.rpa, you're not looking in the right places. I honestly cannot make it any easier, sorry.
In v0.25.00(at least in the compressed version skunk put out) there isn't a "scripts.rpa" upload_2018-6-9_12-23-20.png

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
In v0.25.00(at least in the compressed version skunk put out) there isn't a "scripts.rpa" View attachment 110290
.rpa files are Ren'p archive files and they contain all the images/sound files/video files/script files for a game. They're kinda like a zip file, but not compressed.

When we make compressed versions (that was me that made this one, btw, not Pepe ;) ) we extract all that stuff from the rpa files, compress them, and then delete the rpa files.

Ren'py gives preference to files in this order: .rpy not in an rpa (which will be compiled into a .rpyc when the game is run), .rpyc not in an rpa, and then the same order inside an rpa archive.

So TLDR, to make this mod work with compressed versions of the game, you need to overwrite the .rpy and/or .rpyc files. If you just put the rpa file in there, the game will not use the scripts inside the rpa.

@DarkPhilosopher - FYI

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I understood replacing the scripts.rpa from .. but what about the mountain of files in SLDR-0.25.00-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip ?

Does that one include the avoid NTR files? Where do I place those? Do I drop the entire thing in the Superpowered folder? In the game folder? Do I search out all the files and replace them individually?

I'd really like to have the Get Lucky (which I seem to have now [GL: None in options now]) as well as the avoid NTR features. I seem to be having trouble on the avoid NTR side of things.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes