Mod Ren'Py Abandoned SummertimeSaga 0.17.5 - Ikarumod V1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sunday

Sep 2, 2017
You can use this to avoid typing the code yourself and avoid the bug with the fishing minigame.
Path: game\scripts\pier\fishing_minigame\

@ikaruga
replace your fishing_minigame.rpy with the one on this attachment so that players don't have to use console and input the code that @sunday provided themselves. Workaround works.
FYI I don't think its a bug with the mod. But since almost everyone is applying the mod it would make sense to add a fix here.

Also you've changed the fish (lure one) to fishes but is that value used anywhere else? Or have you missed adding a file?

```
for name in fish:
fish[name].reset()
```

would still result in a iteration over a char array with a string index (`name`) and crash. No?

PS I didn't run your code. Just browsed through it. So my thoughts maybe complete bullshit. Also I'm not familiar with Renpy (if you're doing some magic with it)

Exodius

Apr 30, 2017
All I did was input the code that you wrote in your post. After completing the quest and unlocking the Mermaid, I closed the game and opened an earlier save from before I typed the code.

No crashes happened.

Then I just took a look at the code and the lines I typed were inserted into that file so, I just uploaded it...

Neuvell

May 26, 2017
I've been looking back over the comments and have tried a couple of things said but I still keep getting the error message when I try and fish, have I missed the comment with the solution, have I misunderstood the solution or is it still not solved?

sunday

Sep 2, 2017
All I did was input the code that you wrote in your post. After completing the quest and unlocking the Mermaid, I closed the game and opened an earlier save from before I typed the code.

No crashes happened.

Then I just took a look at the code and the lines I typed were inserted into that file so, I just uploaded it...
Ah duplicated the declaration of fishes. Now I see.

Last edited:

Last Moment

Modder
May 26, 2017
Didn't get theses errors. There are changes from 14.5 to 14.5.2 with variables related to fishes, but as my mod didn't change anything here, i don't understant why there is a bug. Maybe dev bug, not mod related.
I played the game again without the mod, and everything is fine even the fishing minigame

ricarcar

Nov 6, 2017
Ah duplicated the declaration of fishes. Now I see.
I just remove the folder pier and it work find but I don't know what the pier folder do but I think the lair file make up for the pier file.. so the error is from the pier folder

BrobsDobs

May 10, 2017
Hi there, i am stuck at the milking thing. She never really told me what to do and i tried to get the package but nothing

sunday

Sep 2, 2017
Hi there, i am stuck at the milking thing. She never really told me what to do and i tried to get the package but nothing
If you've already got her the milk thermos then its the 'Package' from the Pink store. Those are the two things related to milking.

Yeshua7889

Sep 27, 2017
If you've already got her the milk thermos then its the 'Package' from the Pink store. Those are the two things related to milking.
And the "Breeding Book" from the library. you have to have some dialogue with the Aunt in her kitchen about it beforehand before the book becomes available, I think.

Neuvell

May 26, 2017
Is the fishing error message actually getting fixed? all I've seen is people talking about it and saying they fixed it themselves, I've tried everything that has been posted (that I've understood) but I still get the same error message. I asked a while ago if someone had a fix but it got ignored. Can somebody help me please

Reactions: Masq87

A51

Jul 14, 2017
You need to enable the developer console by editing options.rpc (or something like that, might be .rpy) then when the error displays you need to manually input the code provided (copy-paste does not work). After that it should be fine.

sunday

Sep 2, 2017
Could you try without the mod? Ofc you'd need to play from the start but `0.14.5.2` version of the game fixes the fishing bug.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
tried using game v14.5.2 with mod v1 and realised the mod doesn't let me skip intro dialogue when using clean game
Might be important to write that your mod works with new cheats enabled game

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote