Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
At least now DC will get their asses up and start doing some shits and stop posting bullshit on their patreon. :KEK:
DC don't give a shit about this site . He will start working when his money flow starts to dry up . Unfortunately i don't see that happening any time soon. Just proves that the World is not a fair place. People with disposable income (who actually has the funds to support a scammer on monthly basis) are so stupid.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
The worst thing is they'll say they have addressed over and over. The problem is it was never in a way that 90%+ of the player base would ever see how many times they talked about every set back to use your house analogy a poser might mention "We found a ton of water damage and are going to have to rip up the whole floor."
but they released updates (definitely the pre tech ones and the main story ones at least) after dogeek was gone right? how was this possible if the code was in such a bad state? couldn't they have finished the game more or less using the old code and then do a tech update with a seperate team after it is done (even if the scope got downgraded) while DC and the main team works on a new project?

Username7

May 1, 2017
but they released updates (definitely the pre tech ones and the main story ones at least) after dogeek was gone right? how was this possible if the code was in such a bad state? couldn't they have finished the game more or less using the old code and then do a tech update with a seperate team after it is done (even if the scope got downgraded) while DC and the main team works on a new project?
It's hard to explain but think of STS as a house of cards how well it's built is how stable it is and how much can be added before it becomes unstable. Well the main story was the limit of how big this house could get before it started collapsing and more time had to be spent rebuilding the collapsed pile of cards then adding new ones it's why what was supposed to be two updates with a few months in-between ended up three updates and taking over a year. The end result is that while yes they could keep adding to the house of cards but dev times would only increase as they spent more and more time fixing it. The pre techs being just a few new scenes added to completed stories didn't put to much pressure on the card house unlike adding a whole new floor which is what Rhonda, Annie and Judith each would've been. In fact Dogeek not leaving comments or proper labels all but assured this had to happen huge swaths of the game have no instructions on what they do or how to fix them should they fail. and yes this is one hundred and ten percent DC's fault! I won't defend his dog shit project management. He ignored the tech debt until it blew up in his face, He sat back and paid people to do work without ever checking to see if they were doing it in a way that wouldn't blow up in his face. He made this bed now he must lie in it. Also for some added context Stray was hired to be Dogeek's assistant and within four months Dogeek was fired. Coincidence? I think not.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Don't care about the abandoned tag because it changes nothing, but the fact right after that dropped some people have asap started to shit on a (bad) coder for a 3+X(?) years delay as only reason is just amusing. Some users who code for a living already posted multiple times here they could have literally made everything from scratch. It doesn't fix the fact DC has 0 management skills and his actual coder/coders have no idea about their own job.
now i get why this message has been doing the rounds !

Screenshot 2024-05-01 035512.png

as soon as the Abandoned tag was stamped on the game , lazy cookie move his ass to put something together to update the game.
'cause perception is a powerful weapon .
i-pity-the-fool.jpg

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
It was probably 'easy enough' to just slap in the new parts, but the entire thing came crashing down when they wanted to work on the old.

People always say 'but it's just a Ren'py game', but Summertime Saga probably has more shit in than a game of this engine should have. Like mini games, which the engine wasn't really designed for. It's an engine to make text adventures with a couple of branching answers to get different CGs, not sandbox games. I'm guessing it would have needed a serious recoding down the pipeline anyway before it really all came crashing down.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Don't care about the abandoned tag because it changes nothing, but the fact right after that dropped some people have asap started to shit on a (bad) coder for a 3+X(?) years delay as only reason is just amusing. Some users who code for a living already posted multiple times here they could have literally made everything from scratch. It doesn't fix the fact DC has 0 management skills and his actual coder/coders have no idea about their own job.
they tried to explain why the coding was taking so long by pointing to 10000+ images, like placeholders didn't exist. on top of having an existing working model showing you how things were intended to look and flow. they had many advantages to recreate/refactor the code, but they deemed 3 years to do it too little, when it took just about that much to even get it to the original state.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I won't defend his dog shit project management. He ignored the tech debt until it blew up in his face, He sat back and paid people to do work without ever checking to see if they were doing it in a way that wouldn't blow up in his face. He made this bed now he must lie in it.
a bed made out of dollar bills. he had no incentive to check what the coder was doing as long as the money came in and i doubt he's going to take any damage from it. i think someone said STS made more money during the tech update phase then it did while he was doing updates. it's just a huge flaw with the patreon system.

still the dude has some nerve to call his patreons impatient on stream

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
A pathetic excuse for minigames*
They are so bad, even when they're not completely broken, that the game would be better off without em.
Oh, I agree. Never was a big fan. Or the stats for that matter. The latter reminded me too much of the old dating sim flash games.

Sandbox is also eh in my book. If you want to make a sandbox game use another engine. Ren'py is more for heading from scene to scene with a couple of variables. You know, the stuff EvaKiss makes.

Apr 22, 2019
a bed made out of dollar bills. he had no incentive to check what the coder was doing as long as the money came in and i doubt he's going to take any damage from it. i think someone said STS made more money during the tech update phase then it did while he was doing updates. it's just a huge flaw with the patreon system.

still the dude has some nerve to call his patreons impatient on stream
Well, he hasn't beaten the master yet. Crowchild(HTH2) is still milking his patreons since like 15 years(2008-today). It could be a similar case on the long way.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Few hours before getting the tag we got an announcement from DC himself talking about some testing and release.
Well, technically it's just part of DC's monthly summary, which is usually released at the end of the month. I'm not saying this means anything, but it seems like some people seem to get a bit ahead of themselves... in case some will be disappointed when nothing changes afterwards.

4.10 star(s) 353 Votes