Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
yes, he is just tired after exactly 18 months, not after 17,16,15,14 etc. him scrambling to release anything after 18 months of laying on the couch is a totall coincidence and definitely has nothing to do with the abandoned tag AT ALL. he just grew tired of not releasing anything... yup, that has to be it.
I feel like people overestimate the influence this thread has on the game. It helped a lot earlier on, but even if the mods for some reason decided to remove the game from this forum I don't think it would affect him that much. But yea by deciding to release an update now, he is definitely not beating the milking allegations :KEK:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So hes launching the whole game again but im small parts...bro...:HideThePain:
How can people defend this?
Seriously.
I mean I guess it's better than just not releasing anything... At this pace it seems like it would take another 2 years for the tech update to be finished. They don't really have many options.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Having read that patreon post, it'll be interesting to see as to how far they actually managed to replace/rework Debbie's art. DC did quite a few of her sprites on stream and to me that suggests that her old art should be gone for good (apart from her scenes, maybe?).

A few months ago I'd have said they'll implement some of the old stuff (Debbie, Mia, Erik, the teachers, etc.) again, until they actually release their reworks, but now I'm really not so sure anymore.

darkolo

Mar 7, 2017
Having read that patreon post, it'll be interesting to see as to how far they actually managed to replace/rework Debbie's art. DC did quite a few of her sprites on stream and to me that suggests that her old art should be gone for good (apart from her scenes, maybe?).

A few months ago I'd have said they'll implement some of the old stuff (Debbie, Mia, Erik, the teachers, etc.) again, until they actually release their reworks, but now I'm really not so sure anymore.
Yes , with this new release idea, putting any old stuff would be actually stupid waste of time, its all new now

Reactions: itsyeboii

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017

With DC talking about a new, "general direction", I think this update really has become a total overhaul. I mean, they would have to touch up the old art/scenes anyway to fit the new aspect ratio; while they're at it, why not just redo it so it's consistent with everything else?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
DC really wants to avoid the abandoned tag, which goes to show that he understands business and sociology. (also of note is that his account was on the site today)

once one location declares something, others follow, and suddenly it's everywhere, just take a look at any movement in last 15 years particularly (the internet is a wonder for spreading anything), snowball effect in action, and the bottom line? it will hurt DC's bottom line.

not a surprise that suddenly DC is "about" to release an update. he probably knows the danger of SS being declared abandoned.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes