Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Sure has gotten to the point where I can check this or the Subverse thread and honestly can't tell the difference, lol. Well, I'm glad it isn't just focused on this thread.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
purely from a project management POV, I think a partial release will be good for forcing them to persist with the new code/flag structure they're planning on pushing as part of the tech update. The worst case, unrealistic as it may be, is there's no partial release and 6 months from now they decide there's a more optimal way to lay out the code, leading to another from-scratch refactor.

If there's a partial release already out there a few months from now and there's less content in it than in 20.16, then there's forward pressure on them to restore the remaining content to get back to par with the previous versions ASAP. They also won't want to do another refactor, as the one they've just done has taken about 10x longer than they ever expected. So they're forced to keep going onward. A bit like Gromit laying down the traintracks
i think you're being too optimistic here. where is the forward pressure coming from? we already know the abandoned tag on here will have no effect, i think there is a small chance it affects DC in a small way because people are going to annoy him about the abandoned tag on discord and his stream asking him if the game is really abandoned and so on and he might want to avoid that.. but then again he already said he knows everyone besides his most loyal patreons are shitting on him already and he doesn't care

i think there is a chance of a reverse effect happening, if DC sees that his patreon fans get pacified by the first partial update it's reason enough for the team to get lazy again. he says the updates will come on a monthly or bi monthly basis but everyone knows he never stuck to those deadlines anyway so i bet after the second or third partial update the next one will already take 4 months again and so on

it doesn't look to me like like DC has any oversight about the scale of the project or what his coder is even doing. this whole metaphor about him building a brand new car from scratch is stupid because nobody wanted him to build a car from scratch if they knew how long it would take. it doesn't bother him though because this:

There'll be two main groups of patrons. Those who discover the game and pay a few $ until the unscubscribe again a few months later and those who really are long term fans (and actually pay something).
is probably true and what i meant by "the game is too big to fail already" in terms of it's income

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
That's sadly just some AI generated stuff someone shared on Reddit, but at this rate you'll get more of that before the official release drops.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn that's actually pretty good, better than the real art in some ways. I wish DC would focus more on anatomy because stuff like those shoulders/armpits can really make the deal imo.

Lust4Lucy

Mar 7, 2023
I WONDER WHY you guys who blame people who criticise DC because "free riders aren't allowed to talk" NEVER realised that this game has ALWAYS been PUBLIC AND FREE since day 1 in 2016.

That's the reason why SS's popularity immediately skyrocketed: being free and being one of the first Patreon funded projects back in 2016.

He always released public free updates ONLY. Then he decided to postpone free releases by ONE DAY.
:PogChamp::PogChamp:"2016" :LUL::KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigMacOfDeath
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes