Marphey

May 13, 2019
I've largely been indifferent on the issue but the arguments of the people that are against AI are always such pretentious BS that I end up siding with the AI advocates. "It's inspiration when we do it!"

No, it's not. Flowery rationalizations aside, the human mind is a computer. There's no special magic that is happening when it amalgamates everything it consumed to produce "original" art. It's always been plagiarism on both sides. One that always starts off blatant and becomes less instantly recognizable with improvement. From the day you are born, whether you recognize it or not, you are copying the things around you. It's what you choose to copy that actually defines you.

Understand that the distinction of what is and what isn't plagiarism was never for the benefit of artists. It was defined by lobbyists to dominate markets. And now that the profit calculation is shifting with emerging technologies, all the ignorant people that actually drank the kool-aid are gonna be used one last time to help secure monopolies over AI before inevitably being left broke on the side of the road with this made up nonsense ideology.
For real. Like you i am mostly indifferent to AI but the anti AI crowed with their BS pisses me off and pushing me to side with AI in every discussion. They are stright up harrassing and bully people who say something even remotly positive about AI and then have a gall to claim higher moral ground.

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Hello there. I am one of those people who, like you, started looking for 2D games and came across a random one called Summertime Saga. When I started it for the first time, I didn't expect that it would engage me so much as it has 3 chapters and side stories, from the main character's mother to some girl from the Russian mafia. Really each subsequent discovery of each stage of a given character from Jenny to Debbie, Diane or school characters such as: Mrs. Bissette, Eve, Roxxy, Dewitt, Okita, or Ross and others from the school or the hero's surroundings such as a nun who has no way to erase her as well . But to put it further, it absorbed me for several hours and days, starting with the time when I learned that as a version such as this game has other languages, including mine (Polish), where now even after completing the English version there will be an opportunity to play it again. I know (that there will be no point in reading it) that it's really in my top 1 right now, because even though there's only a piece from chapter 3 left, the advantage is that pregnancy is implemented here, unlike in all xxx games I know and (played) it's always so long to get pregnant and wait for the next steps with each character (again) for the next games. Another + is the heroes, how can such heroes be implemented in such a cool game. After discovering each thread, the characters we met were worth a little laugh, because you know what you can't do in real life, you can imagine in a virtual way meet i.e. Melonia, Ivanka, Ramp, Keenes, or Kim. (Heh). Finally, it can be seen from the comments of regular users and the F95 game itself that it seems to have been abandoned. I know that, like this game, it can be like other games that drag on for years, and despite the initial play, I always wait until the end, even if my work on the game is poor. Of course, there is always time to wait for the update to have a larger share in the game rather than a smaller one, so that I can play a given version more than waiting for the next release after the low playability, if I can still wait for the (large) and specific content of the game such as Summertime Saga. Because I was really drawn into the plot itself and the characters who, despite having met the hero on the road, had no plot started, such as Martinez, Misty, (extensions further on) Helen or Anna, and Angelica's sisters. If it is already planned or in the works, it is worth waiting for the next one to come out hello, after this one (0,20,16), there may be some additional ones, or there are, but I don't have them yet and it's only based on the version I have. Because the last points of goodness are branch changes, which you can do in two ways, as in the case of Eva with or without the trans option, choosing Helen or Mia, choosing Tammy or June, and probably others, or if new ones were created, it would be worth spending these 3 chapters, if there could be up to 5 of them. So, in conclusion, I am willing to finish it and wait, if possible, so that what is not available in the version (20.16) can be finished in the alpha version. Regards, fan of 2D or 3D games (with good character design and game plot).

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
summary: 2 years without any content, and according to the site's rules, going beyond 18 months without an update, it can be considered abandoned.
I remember looking it 1 years ago and seeing no update after that pre-tech, but why this game didn't got update for 2 years? What I meant with ''reason'' was that, site rules or not what DEVs doing it for 2 years? Some people even finish their games in 2 years, no update for 2 years is big question mark for me.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
I remember looking it 1 years ago and seeing no update after that pre-tech, but why this game didn't got update for 2 years? What I meant with ''reason'' was that, site rules or not what DEVs doing it for 2 years? Some people even finish their games in 2 years, no update for 2 years is big question mark for me.
Because there are only 2-3 people working full-time on the game. Their Patreon "about" section is misleading.
Because they're remaking the game while adding new stuff to it at the same time.
Because patrons will keep paying them the same even if they don't work on it at all.
Hope that answers your question

RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
wtf even is an AI bro, I literally haven't played any AI games because they all look like shit, the exception being Taffy Tales (and another one in very early development, forgot the name), which makes clear the potential of AI to help the artist in speeding up their output.

And in any case, you're completely unhinged and all your arguments have more holes than swiss cheese.
The game started with being drawn then the author started using AI in later updates
but he used his own art to train the ai so that's why it doesn't look like 100% shit cause he can draw over any errors

Reactions: Gzowl_LiP

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
The game started with being drawn then the author started using AI in later updates
but he used his own art to train the ai so that's why it doesn't look like 100% shit cause he can draw over any errors
Yeah, but that's my point. It's the best example I know so far of AI use (despite issues with some pictures), but enough for me to not be entirely dismissive of it.

Edit: disclaimer, a lot of people do not like the changes and use of AI at all. I don't mind it. I'm more concerned with the grind and excessive text, especially in the early game...

Last edited:

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
wtf even is an AI bro, I literally haven't played any AI games because they all look like shit, the exception being Taffy Tales (and another one in very early development, forgot the name), which makes clear the potential of AI to help the artist in speeding up their output.

And in any case, you're completely unhinged and all your arguments have more holes than swiss cheese.
Taffy Tales was made with AI? I thought someone just tried, and failed, to copy InCase's art. I guess that explains some stuff.

Chloraphorae

Jun 15, 2017
Alright, I'll just ask. Has DC said anything on his patreon about the progress (or lack there of) for the tech build? I've skimmed a number of pages back, but most comments are about ai or finally having an abandoned tag...

4.10 star(s) 353 Votes