AstroMJ6969

May 2, 2024
The tech update process is not intended to include new lewd content. New lewd content is intended after the tech update process is complete. At least, that's how it has been presented for the past 3 years.
The tech update process is not intended to include new lewd content. New lewd content is intended after the tech update process is complete. At least, that's how it has been presented for the past 3 years.
As you put it that way i don't think DC is planning to release the full update anytime soon and he probably is the kind of guy that would see his workers slaking off and not say a word cause he is also benefiting from their slaking off it gives him excuses while the money keeps cumming

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
the more that i think about the staggered TU update the more i think it sucks. the sandbox element is pretty much the defining feature of STS, if there are 2 characters included in the update with most of the locations closed (which is my guess) that element to pursue whatever girl you like is going to be completly missing. i don't know how many parts the TU will have but be optimistic and presure it's 5 parts. are people seriously going to play through the debbie and jenny content again and again and again everytime a new part comes out? especially after playing through this stuff 20 times already if they followed this game from the beginning

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
if there are 2 characters included in the update with most of the locations closed (which is my guess) that element to pursue whatever girl you like is going to be completly missing
Correct. Just like when the game was first developed.

Whether or not I agree with DC's decision to release it chunk by chunk (I don't really give a shit one way or another, TBH) - until the tech update chunks are all released, people don't have to play the new version. They don't have to play every release. They can wait until the tech update catches up with all the current content in the current version before they choose to play. Those who want to play it chunk by chunk can. Those who don't, can wait as if the chunks hadn't been released. It's up to the player to decide.

If DC didn't decide to release this chunk by chunk, everyone would have to wait until the tech update is completely finished, whenever the hell that will be. This way, he is at least offering some kind of choice.
are people seriously going to play through the debbie and jenny content again and again and again everytime a new part comes out?
Don't quote me, but because it is being piecemealed, perhaps they will provide a preloaded save which starts at the end of whatever tech update content had been released previously. That way, people don't need to play through the same content again and again and again after playing it under the tech update (unless they want to).

So, the update chunk after the Debbie/Jenny chunk could have a save that has all the Debbie/Jenny content flagged as completed and people would start on the next content by using it. Similar to how the game has done in the past with updates.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
the more that i think about the staggered TU update the more i think it sucks. the sandbox element is pretty much the defining feature of STS, if there are 2 characters included in the update with most of the locations closed (which is my guess) that element to pursue whatever girl you like is going to be completly missing. i don't know how many parts the TU will have but be optimistic and presure it's 5 parts. are people seriously going to play through the debbie and jenny content again and again and again everytime a new part comes out? especially after playing through this stuff 20 times already if they followed this game from the beginning
Well, saves have been compatible ever since 0.19, when they added new stories. I'd guess they'll be compatible for now on again, too.

Else it's almost certainly going to be like mentioned by @Count Morado and you'll get jump to new content option, as we've had them in the past, too. The times where you actually had to replay content have been over for more than 4 years by now.

Edit: Fixed important typo.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
if there are 2 characters included in the update with most of the locations closed (which is my guess) that element to pursue whatever girl you like is going to be completly missing.
I imagine this is going to be more of a current version of the game, just with content for these two characters adjusted for the 16:10 display and the rest remaining as-is. Trying to lock up stuff which wasn't touched up is more trouble than it's worth.

(of course, this is all based on naive presumption there's going to be some actual release /s

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I imagine this is going to be more of a current version of the game, just with content for these two characters adjusted for the 16:10 display and the rest remaining as-is. Trying to lock up stuff which wasn't touched up is more trouble than it's worth.
You imagine incorrectly. See: 77,595

Reactions: ffive

Simbad-sea

May 11, 2020
Does anyone have a video/post where a big creator (not just this one but anyone goes) talks about what patreon means to them? I would like to hear it from that side. As a consumer you pay the money to support something, you want to see it get made. Seeing this dev makes 50 - 90k euros for it monthly you would expect them to putting their full time on this thing and even getting other people to help them. This money is at minimum 10 times what a normal under grad earns in top EU countries (i give this info just as a comparison i dont expect them to earn that amount of money considering they have a great product that they sell). But 2 years and nothing comes. With all of that said as i mentioned i wanna see the opinion of the other side. If somebody has a link for that kind of a post or video where a dev mentions their opinion i would highly appreciate it
You just don't get it. It's a hobby. Developers have jobs, and this is a hobby. You don't need to force them to do their hobby. Go play other games. :KEK:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You just don't get it. It's a hobby. Developers have jobs, and this is a hobby. You don't need to force them to do their hobby. Go play other games. :KEK:
I agree with your implication that the person you replied to doesn't appear to understand how Patreon works, its mission, or specifically the "contract" patrons agree to when subscribing to Dark Cookie.

And for 80% of the adult game developers - it is hobby, a side-gig, or a passion project. The average Patreon adult game developer pulls in about $100 USD per month. For some, they hope to transition it into a full-time gig. Still, only 10% bring in more than $1000 USD after at least 3 years of seeking funding on the Patreon platform.

But for clarity's sake - for Dark Cookie, his small business grosses about $60,000 USD per month and this is not only his occupation, but he also contracts several others to code, pose, write, etc while he draws the art and manages the project how he decides in running his own business.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Well, saves have been compatible ever since 0.19, when they added new stories. I'd guess they'll be compatible for now on again, too.

Else it's almost certainly going to be like mentioned by @Count Morado and you'll get jump to new content option, as we've had them in the past, too. The times where you actually had to replay content have been over for more than 4 years by now.

Edit: Fixed important typo.
that's what i'm saying though, if you play the staggered TU and jump only to the new content everytime you kinda miss what made STS so interesting in the beginning which is the sandbox gameplay where you drop in and out of different story paths, play some of the mini games on the side to get money and so on

you will play it more like a classic VN

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
that's what i'm saying though, if you play the staggered TU and jump only to the new content everytime you kinda miss what made STS so interesting in the beginning which is the sandbox gameplay where you drop in and out of different story paths, play some of the mini games on the side to get money and so on
Yes, you'd indeed just be limited in your options. Then again, I personally was never a big fan of mixing different stories, simply because the game wasn't really made for that in the first place. It may be a sandbox, but it's not 100 % consistent if you - for example - play several major storylines at once.

I mean, those who really want that experience can still wait until the tech update is done or even until Ronda's content is released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
I agree with your implication that the person you replied to doesn't appear to understand how Patreon works, its mission, or specifically the "contract" patrons agree to when subscribing to Dark Cookie.

And for 80% of the adult game developers - it is hobby, a side-gig, or a passion project. The average Patreon adult game developer pulls in about $100 USD per month. For some, they hope to transition it into a full-time gig. Still, only 10% bring in more than $1000 USD after at least 3 years of seeking funding on the Patreon platform.

But for clarity's sake - for Dark Cookie, his small business grosses about $60,000 USD per month and this is not only his occupation, but he also contracts several others to code, pose, write, etc while he draws the art and manages the project how he decides in running his own business.
funny youre back,not spouting countdowns.so lets put this to bed -without f95 this game would be no where near what it is now.yes ds does not need us now.but it goes goes to show what you and ds think of this site.as far as i am concerned you are both just ungrateful creeps.spout all you want,i cant take you seriously because you have no ethics or gratitude to the people who got you to this point-not you just ds youre just a mouth piece with no credability,by all means report me-really dont care-just know this you are one sad individual.that respected user tag means nothing apparently,enjoy your evening:)

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes