Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Was there ever an exclusive paid version? Pretty sure it's been the same version for both sides of the fence.
Not to my knowledge. There was at one point a release window where non-patreons got the same content a bit a later. However, with sites like this even that was moot.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering that question but

Summertime Saga is the game on Renpy with the most content that exists, right?

I don't think I've seen another game on renpy that's so "huge"

and with a beautiful artistic direction in terms of drawing
Love, Sex and Second Base also has a fair amount of content and (I believe) is pretty much done except for DLC material that they are working on. Not going to be your cup or tea if you just got to have animations though.

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Love, Sex and Second Base also has a fair amount of content and (I believe) is pretty much done except for DLC material that they are working on. Not going to be your cup or tea if you just got to have animations though.
LSSB is decent but it's inconsistent with the art quality and gameplay grind is worse if you don't cheat. At the very least when I last played it eons ago, it was decent and there is a whole lot of content in it so agreed there. It's a quantity over quality game

Summertime Saga's biggest plus is the artist has stuck by the game all the way, it's his creation, and he's been making the assets of the game from start to finish. That has helped with keeping the high quality. The downside is everything else. Other devs who write or code their games but hire artists can do everything right but visually or artistically don't know what they're doing

edit: sidenote this is what I respect about a lot of japanese made 2d adult games, they actually care about the art

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Does anyone have a newer android version that's patched?

Also for some reason the unpatched current android version doesn't work with the current android OS?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does anyone have a newer android version that's patched?

Also for some reason the unpatched current android version doesn't work with the current android OS?
No, there is not currently available a newer android version of Summertime Saga - patched or unpatched. The tech update that may come out in several months, or more than a year, from now will use a newer Ren'Py that works for the new Android OS. Maybe you can get the WIN version to work with JoiPlay?
Can this patch be used for the Android version?
Only if you know how to add files to an APK or if you can get the WIN version to work with JoiPlay. You can check out the Naughty Tribute Mod to see if that will do what you want it to do.

Jul 22, 2019
I was wondering that question but

Summertime Saga is the game on Renpy with the most content that exists, right?

I don't think I've seen another game on renpy that's so "huge"

and with a beautiful artistic direction in terms of drawing
Holiday Island is huge, but lacks a plot. Being a DIK is huge but it isn't a sandbox. Paradise Lust is also a good sandbox, but the art isn't as good as these other games.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
talking about content only, I think Holiday Island is the biggest one, but as magi said, the plot doesn't have much to see, and there are too many girls with too many of the same. well at least it has to a type of girl for every guy (well; almost every guy lol)

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
So people keep funding this game because they see one dude doodling at home, despite any progress with the actual game itself? Yeah, OK. I guess that's enough for some.
I dont get it, personally.

But then I *also* dont get people funding some twitch streamer to play video games and make racist/homophobic jokes, and yet, that also exists.

It's just not worth the head space to dwell on it.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
Well, I'm still supporting DarkCookie on Patreon and still patiently for the game's massive update. My guess it'll come out around summer
I really think the tech update will come out, but i doubt it will be this year.
The codeprogress bar has been stuck at 69 for a really long time, so for me there is one of two things: the development is still unorganized so it will take more time than neccesary or there are more "hidden tasks" that are not reflected in the progress bar.

4.10 star(s) 355 Votes