MrCrit

Mar 8, 2018
Meanwhile a bad example of a story line is Mia's. It focused too much on the parents without focusing on them as a parent, there was no developement or noticeable attitude change besides the mechanical ones needed to justify the sex scenes and all in all Mia was barely explored as a character.
And yet, when you go to her room there's now a teddy bear you can click on and interact with all of a sudden and there's more room for plot there which i can assume will lead to more position and better depth in her story and sex scenes.

according to DC and the developers there will even be a dating system implemented and she is supposed to be the first character added to that system! I bet that it will explore and increase the amount of interaction with her and build a good base of the rest of the... school girls i presume? or maybe more characters who will be date-able

Reactions: TheDevian
Mar 21, 2018
I have bad feeling about this project. I really liked it at start, fresh game, fresh graphic, story not so original, but well made and fitting. Developed into nice, well made product. Every update took longer and longer, but content had certain quality. Solid game. But over this years, it still looks like DC(or his team) is not taking this game, or his donators serious. Today is three months point since last update. Is the content they are creating really that big, that it took so much time? Or they are slowly shifting into another Breeding Season team or whatever, where constant huge pile of money pouring into their pocket makes them think they dont have to deliver product on time, because "they pay, they will wait". They have team of 6 people (excluding hr and web/discord), and they cant set a deadline and keep it? Maybe it is time to hire actual product manager? Since they are earing 38k $ a month. I bet they will anounce new game in like half of year to justify more and more delay and keep flow and hype going. Akabur did that, MrDots did that, and it all worked. I'm not saying - pull out your pledges. But respect yourselves and demand respect.
It seems they only work like 2 hours a day or something, with all that money, they should be working full time.

Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
7. Will my save files carry over to the next update?
This is the most asked question and the answer is no, it cannot. Unfortunately the Renpy engine deals very poorly with handling old save files in new versions of our game. A lot of things get changed each update and it conflicts with the savefile information. It is the reason why we added a cheat mode option when starting a new game and we are sorry you have to start from scratch each new update. If you want, you can wait 2 or 3 updates before testing the game again and not have to go through the beginning each time .What ballshart there are a lot of renpy game out there that save work ok what a ripof he get 38 500 a mouth what a fuckhead
Okay, I have to step in. How many renpy games can you think of that have the level of complexity of summertime saga ?

Even copycats like a town uncovered have barely the amount of features we have, and those barely work. Saves don't work because renpy uses the pickle module to save the data. Pickle saves the __dict__ of our custom classes, which means that when we add a new attribute to them, those classes are incompatible and will result on an exception on load. Not to mention that we're reworking the codebase for us to work more efficiently around it, which means that new objects are created, and global variables moved to be part of a more organized structure. What happens is that from one version to the next, renpy expect a variable to be called inventory, and that variable being moved to be an attribute of the player class. Now renpy is lost and doesn't know where to find that variable.

It's a tough thing to work around, and we're working on making it happen. It's not an issue of money, or resources, but just time, and also the fact that changing too much at one point will make debugging even longer, and we know what happens when impatient fucks can't get their fix of summertime saga.

So, to avoid riots, we take it slower, making sure to debug along the way, and this process takes time. Over 50% of the code has been fully rewritten from scratch (mostly by me), and this process takes time.

Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
It seems they only work like 2 hours a day or something, with all that money, they should be working full time.
As said before, the issue is art bottlenecking. I'm constantly trying to find stuff to do during the day to pass the time, or try to find new features that require basically no art to implement so that the workflow can be optimized.

I don't like the wait as much as you don't. We are not getting paid to slack off, and when there's work to do, it's promptly added. The thing is that DC hasn't find enough suitable help for the art (and the art has to match the style consistently, which is hard to come by).

We've also increased the size of the updates. Roxxy's update takes me around 2-3 hours to speedrun through. That should keep you thirsty-ass bitches occupied for a few days (or so I hope).

Game dev takes time. Teams of 20 take 3 years to produce a finished game. We're 6. The game has been around for a year and a half basically. I think it goes to show that if we could do faster, we would.

And people are blinded by the amount of money we get. Guess what ? Compared to other game's budget, it's pocket money, and yet, we all pay taxes on that, it's not money straight into DC's pockets. It's money into Kompas Productions' bank account, and there's a difference there. Obviously, I'm very grateful for this job, and for people supporting and believing in us. You have to know though, that many indie studios have a budget of several millions for their games. That's a lot more than 40k/month.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
The teddy bear is old,even before the patch he was clickable,just becuz he was on the scene where mia was humping her bear...

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,lets chill,i would love if the moderators attention wouldnt be brought here without necessity just becuz you guys like to kick each other on the balls...

Reactions: Charlie45
Feb 7, 2018
Okay, I have to step in. How many renpy games can you think of that have the level of complexity of summertime saga ?

So, to avoid riots, we take it slower, making sure to debug along the way, and this process takes time. Over 50% of the code has been fully rewritten from scratch (mostly by me), and this process takes time.
Don't you guys just love how it's a free game and people are still fucking bitching up a storm. :)

The thing is that DC hasn't find enough suitable help for the art (and the art has to match the style consistently, which is hard to come by).
Has he checked out the fan art section around here? Like no offense to the guy, but this notion that he can't hire someone to do what amounts to scene modeling and have him clean it up sounds like utter BS given what we know about how comic books have worked for decades. I get that it might be harder to find someone due to the nature of the content, but what has he done to try and recruit help? I know I offered him assistance a long time ago and he brushed me off, and that was back when he was making far less than he is now.

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
I get that this is a pirate forum, but it's strange to see devs being so cavalier with insulting their audience on here. While the ratio is probably low, there are still some people here that choose to support developers despite this forum providing everything for free regardless. Using this forum to vent on both the people that support your game and the people that pirate your game probably isn't the best avenue.

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
I get that this is a pirate forum, but it's strange to see devs being so cavalier with insulting their audience on here. While the ratio is probably low, there are still some people here that choose to support developers despite this forum providing everything for free regardless. Using this forum to vent on both the people that support your game and the people that pirate your game probably isn't the best avenue.
Yeah but you are missing the whole point. Some of us have jobs and credit cards and we are actually over 18 so most devs are using sites like this as advertisement.

Since there is no way to remove piracy from interwebz, they are getting feedback, bug reports and reasonable amount of support(reasonable for piracy). It is okay for them to vent some stress and get regular banter. You can think this as some sort of barter system.

ovan26

May 27, 2017
ehm from the start you should know summertime saga is free why the hell you pirate free product

U

User_71462

I just want to know if DC/Kompas Productions will ever produce an official "off patreon" patch to reinstate the original content of the game? Many games have supporting patches that reinstate the specific content that patreon no longer allows. I'm just a little curious to know if this is something in the works or not.

ovan26

May 27, 2017
I just want to know if DC/Kompas Productions will ever produce an official "off patreon" patch to reinstate the original content of the game? Many games have supporting patches that reinstate the specific content that patreon no longer allows. I'm just a little curious to know if this is something in the works or not.
until they find platform other than patreon. For now patreon banning incest content so we all have bear it

FalseOath

Jan 30, 2018
Since Patreon is like the only reliable funding site, I doubt they'd take that big risk and make an "off patreon" patch to restore the incest for a game they have on Patreon. Plus there are mods that restore the incest though...

Reactions: unknown78

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Well,the incest mod/patch aint something THAT new,i'm more interested in take a look on what this patch will bring(althought i'm way more interested on the next one,Diana and pregnancy will be something i'm really waitting for)

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes