Infinite9

Oct 5, 2017
Dont act like you actualy read everything after you just played one time then try again for new updates. Stop crying about nerfing incest just pretend they are like before...

Alcesto

Jun 17, 2017
I have bad feeling about this project. I really liked it at start, fresh game, fresh graphic, story not so original, but well made and fitting. Developed into nice, well made product. Every update took longer and longer, but content had certain quality. Solid game. But over this years, it still looks like DC(or his team) is not taking this game, or his donators serious. Today is three months point since last update. Is the content they are creating really that big, that it took so much time? Or they are slowly shifting into another Breeding Season team or whatever, where constant huge pile of money pouring into their pocket makes them think they dont have to deliver product on time, because "they pay, they will wait". They have team of 6 people (excluding hr and web/discord), and they cant set a deadline and keep it? Maybe it is time to hire actual product manager? Since they are earing 38k $ a month. I bet they will anounce new game in like half of year to justify more and more delay and keep flow and hype going. Akabur did that, MrDots did that, and it all worked. I'm not saying - pull out your pledges. But respect yourselves and demand respect.

SpiritX

Oct 1, 2017
I have bad feeling about this project. I really liked it at start, fresh game, fresh graphic, story not so original, but well made and fitting. Developed into nice, well made product. Every update took longer and longer, but content had certain quality. Solid game. But over this years, it still looks like DC(or his team) is not taking this game, or his donators serious. Today is three months point since last update. Is the content they are creating really that big, that it took so much time? Or they are slowly shifting into another Breeding Season team or whatever, where constant huge pile of money pouring into their pocket makes them think they dont have to deliver product on time, because "they pay, they will wait". They have team of 6 people (excluding hr and web/discord), and they cant set a deadline and keep it? Maybe it is time to hire actual product manager? Since they are earing 38k $ a month. I bet they will anounce new game in like half of year to justify more and more delay and keep flow and hype going. Akabur did that, MrDots did that, and it all worked. I'm not saying - pull out your pledges. But respect yourselves and demand respect.
The problem that moste people dont ever understand is that project bottlenecks dont magically disappear because you have a bigger budget. Took almost a year to find an artist to help with backgrounds. I dont see that the speed of developmen has dropped, actually. Alot of the work done is adding new locations that will play a larger part in the rest of the story. Those locations can later be reused. One of the key features is asking patreons in the streams and forums about the content and getting feedback, if you join a stream, you can actually be a small part of the development by adding your imput.

If you want to follow the development process you can watch streams and read patreon forums etc. Otherwise, just wait like everyone else.

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Apart from the last Halloween update there was never really a need to replay old stories apart from some very basic cotent. So for the Roxxy update it'll likely be okay to simply play her story and not really bother with for example the teachers, Mrs. Johnson, Mia, Mom, etc.
In addition the "cheat mode" for money and mini games works really fine which means you can focus on the new story as well and don't have to bother earning money for old basic items etc.
the first 25 or 30 times I played through were for fun. now I just go far enough to see new scenes. will probably play through again from the beginning a ways in the future.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
My main problem with SS right now is that the multiple paths are not that great. When the updates were entirely focused on one character, it was MUCH better. When they begun with eric's update, things started to get messy.
All subsequent updates had the same problem, except for the new Mom update, which is the best thus far ( followed by the sis update). Im hoping that the Aunt and the new sis update will be the best updates to date, but after that, if they keep going for the multiple paths, they will all be underwhelming.

Its hard to make good updates with an art bottleneck if you are trying to have 319371937918379 different paths in the same update.

sis and mom have many sex scenes.. new characters have MUCH less,even though they have much more conversasations.. But here is the deal.. No1 plays it for the story lol.

Still.. its a fun game and worth playing.. Just its not the best anymore.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
People keep saying the updates are taking longer and longer, when they've been pretty consistent:

16.0 Roxxy - Jul 21/18 (guesstimate)
15.3 Teacher update - Apr 16/18
14.5 Mom restructure update - Dec 20/17
14.3 Aqua/Halloween update - Oct 31/17
14.1 Mia update - Oct 12/17
13.1 Erik/Mrs. Johnson update - Aug 23/17
12.6 Sister add-on update - Jun 25/17
12.1 Sister (and Aunt add-on) update - May 21/17
11.6 Mom add-on update - Mar 31/17
11.0 Mom update - Mar 10/17
10.b Aunt update - Jan 23/17

Regular updates used to be roughly 6-8 weeks. Last update was more than twice the size of a usual update with better animations and was about 15 weeks. This update is supposed to be the same size, and based on the leaked gif, even better animations, and looks to be clocking in at just under 14 weeks.

As an aside, Mr. Dots had to start a new game, Patreon nixed DMD twice and he wasn't going to be able to have it on Patreon anymore. And he is still putting out releases for DMD, just alternating with Melody.

This game is pure milking now. Since I dont pledge anymore it doesnt matter to me, there are enough twats who pledge for quarterly updates :D
How can you say they are milking it, given the above info, and the fact that you can see the work being done on practically a daily basis? Yeah, it sucks that it's so long between releases when some other devs release monthly content. I reduced my monthly pledge when I realized it took longer to get a release. But people keep claiming they are milking it now, when it's demonstrable that they are plugging away at a consistent pace.

FalseOath

Jan 30, 2018
People keep saying the updates are taking longer and longer, when they've been pretty consistent:

Regular updates used to be roughly 6-8 weeks. Last update was more than twice the size of a usual update with better animations and was about 15 weeks. This update is supposed to be the same size, and based on the leaked gif, even better animations, and looks to be clocking in at just under 14 weeks.
They keep trying to lump DC in with some of those game creators who release every month using recycled models and shit. DC draws and redraws shit and that ain't a walk in the park. Given the upgrade in animation quality, it's understandable it would take a little bit more working days. Emphasis on the days. Not weeks but days.

If DC is "Milking it" then Aorrta and Gumdrop is starting a factory bigger than Nestle.

Kirru

May 20, 2017

As an aside, Mr. Dots had to start a new game, Patreon nixed DMD twice and he wasn't going to be able to have it on Patreon anymore. And he is still putting out releases for DMD, just alternating with Melody.

How can you say they are milking it, given the above info, and the fact that you can see the work being done on practically a daily basis? Yeah, it sucks that it's so long between releases when some other devs release monthly content. I reduced my monthly pledge when I realized it took longer to get a release. But people keep claiming they are milking it now, when it's demonstrable that they are plugging away at a consistent pace.
Ye, u gave perfect proof. Usually it was 2 months per update.
So the Mom Update wasnt content, just graphics which shouldnt be 2 month but okay, new technique and stuff.
But since 8 Month 1 Update? While the team doubled ?
Sorry bro, thats pure milking.

They just got about 200.000 USD for one Update and u still wanna tell me they wont milk the shit out of this game ? They do it and they'll continue.

Still its a great game, but I wont pledge for devs whose greed won over their passion for their game. This way I'm not disapointed if they screw their pats. (what they r definately doing)

Reactions: Paprika

Infinite9

Oct 5, 2017
People are still gonna pay because game is unmatched. Western scene doesnt have really good "adult" games so people will pay and they will milk it. I think you all need to accept this fact and move on.

Reactions: dE_VoYd and 187

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Plus, the updates were followed by the add-on update, which was mainly focused on polishing and adding more sex scenes. That was much more satisfactory lol.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017

DC regained my trust with the way he is conducting this last update,teachers update was good on content but he took a lot of time with that one(creating a loooots of bitter guys),things escalated quick but now he seems to be recovering the pace since this patch was seemingly bigger than the last one(after all he continues with his pledge mark on 30k),for now i will wait patiently,since this one is going way smoother...

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Sadly it is true that most updates have been just more gameplay resulting in one crummy sex scene. Teachers was good because you got 4 sex scenes, I don't really remember it if took longer than other updates or not.

I don't think it would take them a lot of time and effort to at least add multiple dialogue lines for sex scenes, so that you're not repeating the exact same scenario every single time.

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
My main problem with SS right now is that the multiple paths are not that great. When the updates were entirely focused on one character, it was MUCH better. When they begun with eric's update, things started to get messy.
All subsequent updates had the same problem, except for the new Mom update, which is the best thus far ( followed by the sis update). Im hoping that the Aunt and the new sis update will be the best updates to date, but after that, if they keep going for the multiple paths, they will all be underwhelming.

Its hard to make good updates with an art bottleneck if you are trying to have 319371937918379 different paths in the same update.

sis and mom have many sex scenes.. new characters have MUCH less,even though they have much more conversasations.. But here is the deal.. No1 plays it for the story lol.

Still.. its a fun game and worth playing.. Just its not the best anymore.
I agree, there are too many storylines and there is too little sex content for many of the characters; take Mia for example, she has a pretty long plot and just a single sex scene that uses only one position and one camera angle, I hope that Roxxy will be much better than that considering the time necessary for this update.

Reactions: CassidyPRO

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Ye, u gave perfect proof. Usually it was 2 months per update.
So the Mom Update wasnt content, just graphics which shouldnt be 2 month but okay, new technique and stuff.
But since 8 Month 1 Update? While the team doubled ?
Sorry bro, thats pure milking.

They just got about 200.000 USD for one Update and u still wanna tell me they wont milk the shit out of this game ? They do it and they'll continue.

Still its a great game, but I wont pledge for devs whose greed won over their passion for their game. This way I'm not disapointed if they screw their pats. (what they r definately doing)
Well,i used to complain when i was still pledging to him,teachers update delay made me stop pledging since on the fifth month he was still delaying,this update is taking way less time than the last one,so maybe if he keep this pace untill Jenny update maybe i go back and pledge to him again,for now i'm just waiting and watching the thread

Apr 14, 2018
You just touched on the taboo, that is hiring a director/manager lolololol, you can't say it there! Obviously DC can be an artist, writer and director and dalai lama at the same time apparently updates come out faster and quicker like this.
Calling manager here is like dismissing him from his godly responsibility.

This is actually funny that hiring a manager is like sour grapes and bitter thing to do for entire team. I am 1000% sure and on point that general belief is that they don't need something like a manager because why? Things are going smooth, plebs pay more by the day and manager means responsibility, organising and time planning.

1 year ago DC said on the stream, that the reason he quit his job was because he couldn't stand the deadlines. So here try imagine him hiring a manager now here buahahahah this is the key point about everything lol.
This project since beginning was meant not to have the deadlines.

btw Ted calm your tits it's leaking again in the thread

Reactions: Alcesto
Jun 21, 2018
In a year Summertime Saga easily doubled in size and has at least four times more depth. There is now an actual cast you interact and get to know and the sex scenes have a meaning. The animation update is bullshit good (compare the new mother sex scenes with the Jenny ones. Or worse, Diane).

DC used this year to create a much wider world with lots to do and see and some decent depth. A lot of storylines and reasons to be doing things besides grinding for the sex scenes by daily asking/bothering the sister or the mother, which 50% of the game used to consist of.

Now it seems DC is doing the right choice and using the solid wide base he built to create focused single characters plotlines. If the mothers plotline is the model, then this is gonna be fantastic. A deeply personal, multi faceted story with lots of different scenes and kinks and a growing relationship that clearly got a tone set for it. You got invested.

Meanwhile a bad example of a story line is Mia's. It focused too much on the parents without focusing on them as a parent, there was no developement or noticeable attitude change besides the mechanical ones needed to justify the sex scenes and all in all Mia was barely explored as a character.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes