Mod Abandoned Summertime Saga v0.15.3: Incest Mod [v0.3.31] [bas]

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
That's too funny (timing). I just crashed in the game after a series of those events and my browser was open to F95 where your comment was showing as "new".

For example, then, I clicked on the stall in the bathroom and it showed the track field. But it went through the series of dialogs for the bathroom.

Then, shortly afterwards, as I was going to search the Principal's office, it did the same, showing the track field while giving me the dialogs from Annie (tricking her).

Now, this all seemed to occur in conjunction with the map icon going dark. I remembered the button you had added and I pressed that, tried to reload my game and it went into classic Windows cardiac ("the program has stopped responding")

I have not yet reopened it, 'cause I'm here typing to you.
Huh. I got that bug too. I was following Debbie's path, and MC started dropping hints at what I should do to advance but I promptly ignored it and continue on with other quests. Next thing I know, my game bugged out and when I reloaded my save, Debbie's lines restarted from the very beginning. At first I thought it was because I modified your incest patch a bit (removed some of the bold text on some names), but seems like its something unrelated to that.
@bossapplesauce

If I'm not mistaken then I've gotten the errors you talk about and I can replicate it with some ease (though not always). It's a base game issue (nothing to do with the mod at all AND it was present in previous versions of SS). It's something I noticed when I'd be so far into a scene and then do a rollback followed by a "roll-forward" or skip (ctrl) back to where I was. Something about it doing that seems to "freeze" the background in place for a very long time, possibly permanently bugging any save made after with it.

I ALSO figured out that the easiest way to "fix" this issue is when it starts/triggers, immediately rollback to the last choice you made and the SELECT a choice again (try different, rollback and then pick the one you want if it gives you trouble). By doing this, I never had any long term problems/issues from the glitched background stuff other than when it first happens. It is unique to this game, I've had (extremely few) other games screw up on a rollback, but not in this particular way.

Edit: Will clarify that it ONLY triggered when I did a rollback through a scene FIRST. Doing a rollback any other time does not appear to bug the game in any way. ALSO, doing a rollback INTO and BEFORE a scene doesn't seem to trigger the bug every time so long as you CHOOSE something different (different choice, different location, etc). Basically it appears to be a "rewind then repeat" trigger type of bug.

Reactions: bas

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
That definitely makes sense, as my scroll wheel is a little loosy-goosy. I believe the exact actions you describe occurred in all my instances of this error.

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
That definitely makes sense, as my scroll wheel is a little loosy-goosy. I believe the exact actions you describe occurred in all my instances of this error.
Yeah, I've had that happen but sometimes I personally rollback because I realized that I forgot/missed something such as a line or wanted to do something before it was too late such as the conversation will cause time to move forward but I needed to do something before it did, etc. At first, I thought it was just a random glitch that happened at random and ended up going too far, thus having to start over from a different save or a new game. The next time it happened, that was when I realized how I triggered the bug, I immediately tried seeing if I could "fix" it and discovered that actively picking a choice (rather than skipping past it) "fixed" it.

Later I triggered it on purpose to see if actively selecting a different location/area (of any kind, doesn't matter if on map or in a location) would also fix it and it did (for me). Seems like when this triggers, the "fix" is as simple as actively making a choice of any kind rather than "roll-forward" or skipping back to where you were.

Since no one ever mentioned it before, I never said anything as I thought maybe I was the only one that did this, turns out that nope, I'm not so I'm glad to help (if it helps you and you didn't go too far past the initial triggering of the bug).

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Huh. I got that bug too. I was following Debbie's path, and MC started dropping hints at what I should do to advance but I promptly ignored it and continue on with other quests. Next thing I know, my game bugged out and when I reloaded my save, Debbie's lines restarted from the very beginning. At first I thought it was because I modified your incest patch a bit (removed some of the bold text on some names), but seems like its something unrelated to that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, I went back and forth on the bold. It wasn't consistent in the original game so I just kinda winged it. :)

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, I went back and forth on the bold. It wasn't consistent in the original game so I just kinda winged it. :)
It wouldn't really matter anyway as the bugs and issues are in the base game and what I described earlier is the only sure way I know of that can trigger these issues. They are in the base game itself and unless you decide to literally rewrite the chunks of code and how rollback works and even if it you did, I doubt it would be fixed. What I'm thinking is that the flags for the events you refer to are somehow affected by the rollback function. I have no idea why or how, just know that it's related as that's exactly what causes the bug (more specifically, rolling forward past a choice you had previously made and used rollback). I'm guessing that it bugs out the true/false flagging events in some way and that is what causes the background art as well as the Debbie/Mom story restart. I don't think it's something one can really fix easily, at least not without literally rewriting some of the framework code for the game.

P.S.... I actually like the bold for some reason. Seems (to me) to give emphasis sometimes, also it makes it easier to not miss some things (such as when referring to another character that you're not talking to, etc).

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
This is now my new favorite photo. I feel like Dogbert.

sigrix

Mar 22, 2018
First of all thank you for doing this mod I can see you really put effort on it

But I have 1 question, because I'm a new player of this game

What exactly are those changes that you made about "Incest"? anyone who can explain me this, please?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
First of all thank you for doing this mod I can see you really put effort on it

But I have 1 question, because I'm a new player of this game

What exactly are those changes that you made about "Incest"? anyone who can explain me this, please?
It is explained in detail (more than you'd ever want to read) in the game's main thread on the forum. :)

Gemerbot

Sep 4, 2017
Am i missing something? I installed patch, got proof on the main screen its installed, but immediately the intro says im left with no family at the funeral, neighbors mom is called his room mate in telescope, mom and sister are introduced by names, not as relations, Debbie says i need to help her friend in her garden.... What does this mod actually do to restore incest? Did i do it wrong?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Am i missing something? I installed patch, got proof on the main screen its installed, but immediately the intro says im left with no family at the funeral, neighbors mom is called his room mate in telescope, mom and sister are introduced by names, not as relations, Debbie says i need to help her friend in her garden.... What does this mod actually do to restore incest? Did i do it wrong?
First, GIR is a badass. :)

Second, it sounds like you didn't get all the files in the right place. Are you on PC or Mac?

Gemerbot

Sep 4, 2017
Oh sorry. Im on pc. I extracted the folder "Images", and just pasted into game folder of 15.3 Sum Saga. Thats pretty much it. Does unren effect this process, do i need to extract rpc files or anything? Im gonna recheck description. Sorry for bothering you.

"Grrrr!!!! Why is there Bacon in the Soap?!"

"I made it myself!"

Gemerbot

Sep 4, 2017
Well.... I'm embarrassed... I deleted install, re-extracted, and all is well
Thanks.
"Have you tried turning it off, and on again?"
20160522154105-758ba104.jpg