anonnom

Jul 7, 2017
unless you want to help find bugs, i would wait for the bug fix version that usually follows a release.

doomazar

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
pfff what is this help me :((

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/map/map.rpy", line 108, in script
  File "game/scripts/map/map.rpy", line 108, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 337, in callScreen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
  File "game/scripts/map/screens.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/map/screens.rpy", line 61, in execute
NameError: name 'loc_court_unlocked' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/map/map.rpy", line 108, in script
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/map/map.rpy", line 108, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 337, in callScreen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2793, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 495, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 495, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 399, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2793, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 409, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\barış\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0.14.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/map/screens.rpy", line 61, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 61, in <module>
NameError: name 'loc_court_unlocked' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SummertimeSaga 0.14.00

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
its not like this is an exception, they take SOOO long compared to other popular games to have updates and still theres little content with each update
Not true.. most games have little things to be implemented. take big brother or Dreams of desire for example.. Each update is MUCH smaller ( in terms of mb and gb) than SS updates.

And it will take AT LEAST 1.5 weeks for them to finish it. Not 2 days lol

Reactions: aeonium

rle68

May 28, 2017
i asked this question once before and ill ask it again.. if your not contributing to DC .. why do you care it takes time to update? i can accept some complaints if you donate but if your not.. then ease up its a free game why are you complaining?

one of the best games out there and i dont like everything about it but its still the best i have seen so far

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Progress for v0.14.5 - Total Tasks: 79 Completed: 70.89% InProgress: 13.92% Remaining: 15.19%

Reactions: Caligula

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I don't thinks it 's people complaining. But they do insist on mentioning updates. The game is no different then any other I play when it comes to updates, usually takes DC and the team a month to release another version. It also depends on the content added, DC will sometimes add extra content for future quests. And the next update is a revamp involving the mother, so that is going to take time.

And DC is generous in making the most recent update public. Something a lot of developers refuse to do, and yes I get why they choose to do that.

Reactions: rle68

obibobi

May 10, 2017
i asked this question once before and ill ask it again.. if your not contributing to DC .. why do you care it takes time to update? i can accept some complaints if you donate but if your not.. then ease up its a free game why are you complaining?

one of the best games out there and i dont like everything about it but its still the best i have seen so far
I don't think that it's taking too long but I think your point is very bad.

You're assuming the people complaining aren't contributing but most importantly constructive criticism is always valid.

Someone made a point that it takes long compared to other popular games. What other popular game has this much detail per update?

I remember when the maker of Queen Opala had this ongoing excuse for about a year that there where delays because they couldn't get much sleep because of construction nearby, what an awful excuse, imagine going to your employer "sorry I've barely been working for the past few months but there's construction going on".

Reactions: parachina

Obuttma

Oct 9, 2017
yeah.. agree we shouldn't rush good projects like this game.

We all know how that mentality works with commercial games (for those who dont know, rushing is not good for the quality of the game).

Busy yourself with something else for a while. Learn Japanese for example.

Japan has been pumping a lot of H-games almost everyday.

U

User_215882

Apart from DoD, Summertime saga is one of the few games that comes out with minimum bugs and a quick fix. The only negative for me is having to replay the game from scratch. Which is why I wait a couple of updates so that theres a nice chunk of new stuff.

Reactions: papasmurf and Fed

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
what games are being updated faster than Summertime Saga?
Most of them to be honest. Usually devs try to squeeze in at least one update per month to keep their patreons who pay every month happy. DC usually needs 6 to 8 weeks per update.

In his case he's providing almost daily streams though and lets viewers decide a lot of small things which is something at least I value a lot and that's something I like to spend some money on.

jcamby

May 5, 2017
The main issue with the length is probably the art. He draws it all himself and it's all pretty well detailed. Other games can just crank updates out faster because they either use 3D model assets that they can just pose and move on (most of the other games on the site) or have WAY less detailed art [COUGH] A Town Uncovered [COUGH].

I don't really have a problem with the update size necessarily. From what I've seen on the streams, this update should be a nicely sizeable chunk of content for Mom, and she's my favourite route in the game. I'll never say no to some more build up and scenes in her route.

But yeah, I will admit that when it comes time for an update for a character/route that I don't particularly care for, then it could bother me, but it hasn't yet. So whatever. I'll shut up now.

Reactions: SengalBoi

Ijustwanttoplay

Nov 23, 2017
Most of them to be honest. Usually devs try to squeeze in at least one update per month to keep their patreons who pay every month happy. DC usually needs 6 to 8 weeks per update.
In his case he's providing almost daily streams though and lets viewers decide a lot of small things which is something at least I value a lot and that's something I like to spend some money on.
This is a good point that should remain on everyones mind. also I felt wierd about the blue skinned fish girl. I'm not really a furry but.....ever since Mass Effect sorta shoved my foot in that door femine blue woman kinda seem to do it for me.

Also come on. Christmas....I wouldn't put it past them to sneak in a simple christmas outfit on someone for a bit of Krampus Rumpus.

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

rle68

May 28, 2017
I don't think that it's taking too long but I think your point is very bad.

You're assuming the people complaining aren't contributing but most importantly constructive criticism is always valid.

in a word NO.. constructive criticism isnt always good if it comes from people just whining about how long something takes. not every complaint is that though, but we all know that people will flat out bitch just to bitch

i see your point but i disagree, complaints about delays on a free game are unfounded and misplaced.. if you had read my post youd notice i said those who have contributed had a right to complain, i also make mention that those who dont contribute and lets face facts more dont then do, their complaining, was unfounded as its a free game

my .02

parachina

Oct 3, 2017
They are slow, but hand drawing the art is going to be way slower than doing it digitally. And they don't really charge for anything, so it's not like they are holding people hostage for pledges.
art isnt the bottleneck though most times its done pretty quick

U

User_215882

People complaining about the update release isnt anything new. Its the same song and dance. At least theres a progress bar to give you an idea of where its at. Also join the streams if you want to complain directly to DC.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes