Archived Summertime Saga: Totally Unofficial Consolidated Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
How do you access the console on mac version?
Wrong thread man. Also, sorry but I really have no idea.

Try searching for it or asking about it in .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a general reminder to everyone:
This thread is specifically reserved for the discussion and reporting of bugs, and any potential workarounds for them.

If your comment is not related to bugs in the game, please instead post in the most appropriate thread for it:

Thread is for sharing and requesting save files.

is for hints, tips, and questions about how to progress in the game.

And everything else can be discussed in .

Kabokutori

Jun 10, 2018
Game version: 0.16.1
Mods used: Rollback
Game Mode: Normal
Bug: Judith doesn't appear. I think she disappeared after Miss Ross asked about a model. Either that or I accidentally did some story line thing causing her to vanish.

Reactions: carbonatedman

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Game version: 0.16.1
Bug: Judith doesn't appear. I think she disappeared after Miss Ross asked about a model. Either that or I accidentally did some story line thing causing her to vanish.
Thanks. Added.

BobSpaghet

Jun 30, 2018
Version: 0.16.1
Mods: none
Bug: Judith doesn't appear in the park
Ran into this issue early on in the story and has persisted through completing most storylines, reloading the game, and restarts
Anyone know what the console command would be to get her there?

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Version: 0.16.1
Mods: none
Bug: Judith doesn't appear in the park
Ran into this issue early on in the story and has persisted through completing most storylines, reloading the game, and restarts
Anyone know what the console command would be to get her there?
Yeah, that's one's been on the list for a while now. It's under the spoiler labelled "Ms. Okita" since it is part of her quest line. Lots of people reporting it or complaining about it over in the main discussion thread ever since update 0.16.1 released. To the best of my knowledge nobody has come up with any workarounds or console commands that can bypass this stage of her quest. If anybody knows of a fix or workaround, I'd really appreciate hearing about it as well.

I'm still having difficulty replicating it though.
I've run through Okita's quest line a bunch of times myself trying to make this bug happen to see if I can maybe narrow down what is triggering it. I just can't seem to figure it out. Judith is always in the park waiting for me once I get to that part of the story.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Added a couple bugs that were brought up in the main discussion thread.

• Scene at the school where Roxxy is talking with Missy and Becca after she and the MC have had sex for the first time may not trigger correctly.
  • Cookie Jar sometimes does not unlock scenes that were already encountered in the game and should have been unlocked.

Also corrected a few more typos/errors in the OP that I missed somehow the last time I went over it.

Aug 16, 2017
I have the Judith not showing at the Park bug as well. Since you guys seem to have some understanding of how this game works under the hood, do you know if there's any way to just set a flag or state of some kind indicating that I already met with Judith since we can't figure out how to move her TO the Park? Whatever variable is set that allows for the glasses to be taken from the locker is what we really need, I'd imagine everything would move along as normal if we got around this part, yeah?

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
I have the Judith not showing at the Park bug as well. Since you guys seem to have some understanding of how this game works under the hood, do you know if there's any way to just set a flag or state of some kind indicating that I already met with Judith since we can't figure out how to move her TO the Park? Whatever variable is set that allows for the glasses to be taken from the locker is what we really need, I'd imagine everything would move along as normal if we got around this part, yeah?
Hiya DFM.

Unfortunately I don't have any answers to share for this issue currently.
I'm actually not that good with figuring out how stuff in Ren'Py works myself since I don't have any knowledge of programming, and a fairly limited grasp on how the console commands function.
I'm just some random guy trying to curate a list of the bugs people have encountered with the game.

As soon as someone steps forward with a console command or something else that can skip the event or force Judith to appear in the park I'll happily add it on to the list as a fix or workaround, but I'm just as clueless on how to resolve it as you are.
Really sorry. Wish I could be of more assistance on the matter.

Aug 16, 2017
I am going to test it out a little myself when I start over to do the science teacher path, to see what is causing this bug. I have a suspicion that this is caused by using Judith's "bathroom fun" dialogue in the afternoon timeslot, after you have asked about "picture" but before you've been to the park to see her, since the bathroom fun choice also moves the character to a different room it seems likely there could be some weird interactions there preventing the storyline Judith from showing up at the Park and reverting her to permanently stand in the left hallway instead.

Also, I can't find the bloody graveyard to save my life. Beginning to think it might be a bug, although it's quite likely I'm just blind. Anyone else have this issue?

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
I am going to test it out a little myself when I start over to do the science teacher path, to see what is causing this bug. I have a suspicion that this is caused by using Judith's "bathroom fun" dialogue in the afternoon timeslot, after you have asked about "picture" but before you've been to the park to see her, since the bathroom fun choice also moves the character to a different room it seems likely there could be some weird interactions there preventing the storyline Judith from showing up at the Park and reverting her to permanently stand in the left hallway instead.

Also, I can't find the bloody graveyard to save my life. Beginning to think it might be a bug, although it's quite likely I'm just blind. Anyone else have this issue?
It could be.
I'll be honest here though; I know several people have reported experiencing this bug, but I just can't seem to find a way to replicate it in any of my playthroughs.
Have tried going through it several times mixing and matching around doing it during different character's quest lines to see if any of them is causing a conflict, but I'm just not having any luck with triggering it.

As for the finding the graveyard: Go to Diane's house. Enter her backyard. Click on the hole in her fence next to the shed.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
The spoiler below is a list of the bugs, issues, errors, typos, and comments I found during my test of Summertime Saga
Game version: 0.16.0

I did not break them up into a whole bunch of individual errors and I didn't search to check all of the ones that are already known. I'm sorry I was a jerk that way. Hopefully the rest of this is useful to Kompas Productions or the players.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
The spoiler below is a list of the bugs, issues, errors, typos, and comments I found during my test of Summertime Saga
Game version: 0.16.0

I did not break them up into a whole bunch of individual errors and I didn't search to check all of the ones that are already known. I'm sorry I was a jerk that way. Hopefully the rest of this is useful to Kompas Productions or the players.
Clicked on spoiler.
OMG MY EYES! lol

Okay, real quick:
I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of reformatting that all slightly for readability purposes. Separated out your notations, comments, etc. with full returns and tossed each category you listed behind it's own individual spoiler down below. I also commented on some of them in response to what you wrote.
  • My responses to your notes can be identified by the use of bullet points and yellow text.
Also please keep in mind that neither I, nor this thread, have anything to do with Kompas Productions. We are not in communication with each other in any way. I am aware that at least one of their team members has an account here on f95zone and comments from time to time on the Summertime Saga main discussion thread, but I have no idea if they or anyone else associated with them is even aware that this thread exists.

That took a lot of work dude. Bravo.
Lots of stuff in there even if some of it doesn't really fall within the bounds or spirit of this thread. Also, thank you for reporting on the bugs that you did. I'll be honest though, I'm somewhat surprised to see someone still playing 0.16.0. The updated 0.16.1 version came out around a month ago already and included fixes for a lot of the most common and game breaking bugs people were reporting on.

On a side note: I noticed a few mentions within your list of bugs and errors that were caused from rolling back and undoing certain actions. Not including those on the main list since they are only capable of happening with the rollback mod. The rollback feature present by default in most Ren'Py games was intentionally removed from Summertime Saga in order to prevent the kinds of errors you described from happening. Using the rollback mod comes with the risk of undoing that safeguard.

Thanks again though. I'll start adding in the bugs/issues that you mentioned to the 0.16.0 list.

Edit: Added.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Clicked on spoiler.
OMG MY EYES! lol

Okay, real quick:
I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of reformatting that all slightly for readability purposes. Separated out your notations, comments, etc. with full returns and tossed each category you listed behind it's own individual spoiler down below. I also commented on some of them in response to what you wrote.
  • My responses to your notes can be identified by the use of bullet points and yellow text.
Also please keep in mind that neither I, nor this thread, have anything to do with Kompas Productions. We are not in communication with each other in any way. I am aware that at least one of their team members has an account here on f95zone and comments from time to time on the Summertime Saga main discussion thread, but I have no idea if they or anyone else associated with them is even aware that this thread exists.

That took a lot of work dude. Bravo.
Lots of stuff in there even if some of it doesn't really fall within the bounds or spirit of this thread. Also, thank you for reporting on the bugs that you did. I'll be honest though, I'm somewhat surprised to see someone still playing 0.16.0. The updated 0.16.1 version came out around a month ago already and included fixes for a lot of the most common and game breaking bugs people were reporting on.

On a side note: I noticed a few mentions within your list of bugs and errors that were caused from rolling back and undoing certain actions. Not including those on the main list since they are only capable of happening with the rollback mod. The rollback feature present by default in most Ren'Py games was intentionally removed from Summertime Saga in order to prevent the kinds of errors you described from happening. Using the rollback mod comes with the risk of undoing that safeguard.

Thanks again though. I'll start adding in the bugs/issues that you mentioned to the 0.16.0 list.

Edit: Added.
Your comments and points are completely understood. After walking through and doing, what would professionally be known as, a UAT (user acceptance test) and QAT (quality acceptance test), I went to the Kompas site and found that it would take me a week to walk through each bug, error and issue to separate known issues from new. Not having the time, I dumped the notes file here.
I did switch to the 0.16.1 version but the playthrough began before that and the notes were tagged from when playthrough began. I estimate that about 85-95% of the bugs were found under the 0.16.1 version and should be in-game unless known fixed.
I appreciate your time in editing and separating the notes. I tagged the ones linked to rollback precisely for the reason you noted. Unfortunately, a better rollback is missing from the game but few players would want to play using the save and try and load and try again method.

Mr Who

Jan 23, 2018
:HeyGuys:
Best regard and @carbonatedman get well soon! :FeelsGoodMan:
PS Post edited don't wanna advertise anything, sorry for the mistake :oops:

Jul 5, 2017
I am not sure if this is indeed a bug, but if i choose not to have sex with helen, and instead watch the nun go at it with helen, I can't seem to continue this path. Anyone experiencing this as well?

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Trying to look through this and make sense of it.
I can tell that you are detailing possible fixes for some of the issues on the bug list, but to be quite honest I woke up rather sick today and it's making it hard for me to think clearly or concentrate on anything very well. I can't quite make sense of the things you wrote here because of that so I will wait until I'm feeling better and my head clears up some before I attempt decipher your post again. Just want to make sure I fully understand what you're saying here before I start adding in any changes, updates, or edits to the list so that I can know for sure that I'm not messing anything up in the process. Hope you can understand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if this is indeed a bug, but if i choose not to have sex with helen, and instead watch the nun go at it with helen, I can't seem to continue this path. Anyone experiencing this as well?
Not actually a bug. The choice of having sex with Helen or having the nun do it with her strap on is a turning point in the storyline. After that choice has been made you are either allowed to have a repeatable sex scene with Helen or a repeatable sex scene with Mia. No way to get them both on a single playthough/save file. Best best is to load up a save file from before that choice was made and select the other option then continue down the path until you can have sex with the other one in her room and save there. That should unlock both scenes in the Cookie Jar on the main menu.

Jul 5, 2017
Trying to look through this and make sense of it.
I can tell that you are detailing possible fixes for some of the issues on the bug list, but to be quite honest I woke up rather sick today and it's making it hard for me to think clearly or concentrate on anything very well. I can't quite make sense of the things you wrote here because of that so I will wait until I'm feeling better and my head clears up some before I attempt decipher your post again. Just want to make sure I fully understand what you're saying here before I start adding in any changes, updates, or edits to the list so that I can know for sure that I'm not messing anything up in the process. Hope you can understand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not actually a bug. The choice of having sex with Helen or having the nun do it with her strap on is a turning point in the storyline. After that choice has been made you are either allowed to have a repeatable sex scene with Helen or a repeatable sex scene with Mia. No way to get them both on a single playthough/save file. Best best is to load up a save file from before that choice was made and select the other option then continue down the path until you can have sex with the other one in her room and save there. That should unlock both scenes in the Cookie Jar on the main menu.
Sorry what i meant was i can't continue the mia path? But i will keep what you said in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.