Archived Summertime Saga: Totally Unofficial Consolidated Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
PLEASE READ THE RULES AND THE CURRENT LIST BEFORE POSTING.

THE RULES

1. Due to the nature of this thread, there will be spoilers for some story lines.
    • This one is just to cover my ass here. It really shouldn't need to be said, but you can never tell with some people. So if you find the idea of having some of the game's story related content being spoiled for you bothersome in any way, please go cry about it somewhere else.
  2. This is not an open discussion thread!
    • Only warning I'm giving here about it.
    • Keep the thread clean. Stay on topic.
    • Report bugs if they haven't been added to the list yet.
    • Please help us out by report any workarounds for the bugs on the list if you know of one.
    • Discussion is permissible only if pertains to the bugs in the game and possible fixes for them.
  3. This thread is not a replacement for the game's official bug tracker!
    • This thread is only meant to serve as a consolidated list for our community here to help each other keep track of whatever is broken in the most recent update/version of the game, and (whenever possible) to catalog fixes or workarounds for them.
    • If you personally have run into any bugs, crashes, or errors with the game please remember to report them to
  4. Check the list before reporting a bug or a fix/work-around for a bug.
    • If the bug you're experiencing or fix you've come up with is already on the list there's not much point in posting about it again unless you have some new information about it such as encountering the same bug with or without mods or in a different game mode.
    • If there is a bug mentioned in the thread that has not made it onto the list yet it is perfectly acceptable to repost the bug. Having one confirmed by multiple sources is preferable since it proves it can be reproduced and is likely to effect many players.
  5. GUIDELINE FOR POSTING NEW BUGS:
    • READ RULE 4 FIRST!
    • Check to make sure you are playing the most recent version of the game available.
    • Are you playing a modded version of the game? List what mods you are using. The Rollback and Incest patches *ARE* mods. If you are using them list them.
    • Are you playing in Normal Mode or Cheat Mode?
    • Please list what platform are you playing on. Windows, Mac, Android, Linux?
    • Explain the bug you are encountering in as much detail as you can.
  6. GUIDELINE FOR POSTING BUG FIXES AND WORK-AROUNDS:
    • READ RULE 4 FIRST!
    • Explain the fix or work around in as simple of terms as possible.
    • If necessary explain it in a step-by-step process.
    • If you have found an alternative fix or work-around for a specific bug that already has a fix listed, feel free to post your fix anyway. Having multiple ways to tackle a problem is a great idea. Some fixes might not work for everyone.
  7. If you notice any errors in the way I have listed a bug or bug fix please let me know!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but I would really appreciate it.
It would help keep things here neat & tidy.
And the extra information could (potentially) be useful in categorizing the bugs.

!!!PLEASE NOTE!!!
Try to remember the game is still in the alpha stages of development. We will most likely continue seeing new bugs crop up with every release for a while. Sometimes bugs only occur under specific circumstances.

Some could be related to any of the following:

Attempting to complete several story arcs at once.
Playing in Cheat Mode.
Using mods.
The OS of the device you are playing on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

The 0.16.1 bug fix is out!

The list has been separated in to 2 parts to reflect this change. List for the more recent 0.16.1 release at the top, with the old 0.16.0 list we've been working on underneath it for the folks who always take a while to update their games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Some Final Notes:

I will attempt to keep this list maintained and updated to the best of my ability as new versions roll out and more bugs/fixes are posted here. I am only human though, and I have a life away from games and the internet so I might be a little slow to update it from time to time.

Some of the bugs listed here don't have a lot of information on them about the conditions they were encountered in (such whether or not the game was modded, if it is being played in normal mode or cheat mode, or what OSes they are being experienced on) because I pulled them game's main discussion thread.

However, whenever possible I will add that information in with tags such as (Cheat Mode),(Incest Patch), (OS Name), or (All Versions) to the end of each bug listed here. It could potentially help us narrow down specific issues from time to time.

FINALLY: Just want to give a big "Thank You!" to everyone for posting their bugs, fixes, and workarounds. I really appreciate your contributions to this project. You folks are awesome and you're helping everyone here by sharing your information identifying issues, and especially for finding and reporting ways to circumvent or fix them.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
~~~Bug List for Version 0.16.1 ~~~

***** = Bugs with this asterisk line were initially reported in the 0.16.0 version of the game and by most indications seem to have been fixed. Still getting scattered reports of them appearing though. I suspect that importing bugged save files from 0.16.0 may be the cause here.

If you have a save from 0.16.0 it may be better to simply discard your save files from 0.16.0 and start a new game in 0.16.1 in order to avoid any issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Bug List for Version 0.16.0 ~~~

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Version 0.16
Normal/Cheat Mode
PC/Android

This guide/work around for people who don't know how to use console or people who play the game on android version. Hope this will help.

Thank you for the fixes.
I added them all to the list. Sorry for the delay also. I was testing them out first to make sure they worked.

sergeabc

Dec 22, 2017
Version 0.16
Normal/Cheat Mode
PC/Android

3. Mrs. Okita storyline (storyline reset after you make a belt device)
How to fix :
Don't go to school left hallway after you go to boy locker room for the first time (when you get scene with Judith) to avoid Judith go to girl locker room before Mrs. Okita fixed the belt device.

[/SPOILER]
Is there a console command to fix this?
I went pass the bug point

Reactions: DonMonkey

lovethisgame1234

Jul 28, 2018
- Dexter book isnt showing in locker? or when it appears it is staying on locker...

- Mia's dad glasses problem because when i go in bassement police station eriks dad is there and tells me again to grab stolen goods when i already got them (need to load old save because i'm stuck)
Or Mia's dad tells you to go to basement to ask for update from Yumi but see doesnt respond (only 'just visiting)

- got al magazines but cant deliver them to art teacher???

- Got this when i want to clean assemly hall, when i try again Miss dewett isnt reacting that its clean and i can collect beer from erik agian???

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/right_hallway/assembly_hall/assembly_hall.rpy", line 11, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 390, in trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 414, in _do_trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 265, in trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 137, in process_action
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 514, in force
KeyError: u'Dewitt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/locations/school/first_floor/right_hallway/right_hallway.rpyc", line 11, in script call
File "scripts/locations/school/first_floor/right_hallway/assembly_hall/assembly_hall.rpyc", line 11, in script
File "/private/var/folders/26/d7wx6swj1212kftv4qc45xtm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B0DA9918-ACC0-4E03-B3B4-98888DD6D213/d/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/private/var/folders/26/d7wx6swj1212kftv4qc45xtm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B0DA9918-ACC0-4E03-B3B4-98888DD6D213/d/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/right_hallway/assembly_hall/assembly_hall.rpy", line 11, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 390, in trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 414, in _do_trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 265, in trigger
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 137, in process_action
File "game/scripts/core/systems/state_machine.rpy", line 514, in force
KeyError: u'Dewitt'

Darwin-17.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Sun Jul 29 23:19:02 2018

Any of this to fix in console??

sadrus

Dec 22, 2017
Is there any way to fix that bug with stolen goods i have stolen goods in my inventory and i cant give it back to police. Please help me

Ausfilth々

Jul 4, 2018
Is there any way to fix that bug with stolen goods i have stolen goods in my inventory and i cant give it back to police. Please help me
You can return the stolen goods after Mia ask you to tell Harold for dinner. When you tell Harold about the dinner and he say that he need to find the stolen goods, and during the scene, you will automatically give the stolen goods to him. Although the stolen goods are still in your inventory, just ignore it. You can still continue the storyline.

Ausfilth々

Jul 4, 2018
- Dexter book isnt showing in locker? or when it appears it is staying on locker...
Don't open Dexter's locker before you need to pick the magazine from there. The magazine will still appear if you already open his locker.
And same as the stolen goods issue, although you already give them to Mrs. Ross but the magazines will still in your inventory.

No need to worry, because those bug doesn't affect the storyline. You can still continue Mrs. Ross storyline.

sadrus

Dec 22, 2017
No i am worried it doesnt work like that. when i talked with mia in her house she told me about dinner i go to police station he told me he need stolen goods so i go to larry he said they are in park i took them go to police station again but when i click on Harold i have only 2 options larry and his wife. I tried everything even reload save but it doesnt work for me.
You can return the stolen goods after Mia ask you to tell Harold for dinner. When you tell Harold about the dinner and he say that he need to find the stolen goods, and during the scene, you will automatically give the stolen goods to him. Although the stolen goods are still in your inventory, just ignore it. You can still continue the storyline.

Ausfilth々

Jul 4, 2018
No i am worried it doesnt work like that. when i talked with mia in her house she told me about dinner i go to police station he told me he need stolen goods so i go to larry he said they are in park i took them go to police station again but when i click on Harold i have only 2 options larry and his wife. I tried everything even reload save but it doesnt work for me.
You must take the stolen goods before you ask Harold about the dinner.

Jun 13, 2018
Game version: 0.16.0
Mods used: None
Game Mode: Cookie Jar (Not sure if it counts as game mode)
Bug: When I try to access the solo scenes with Roxxy, Becca or Missy at the beach throught Cookie Jar, I get stuck on the "Spin the Bottle" game and can't access the menu, the only way to get out is closing the game.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018

- Mia's dad glasses problem because when i go in bassement police station eriks dad is there and tells me again to grab stolen goods when i already got them (need to load old save because i'm stuck)
Or Mia's dad tells you to go to basement to ask for update from Yumi but see doesnt respond (only 'just visiting)

- Got this when i want to clean assemly hall, when i try again Miss dewett isnt reacting that its clean and i can collect beer from erik agian???
Dexter's book added to list.

Miss Ross's magazines added to list.

RE: Harold's glasses - Did you help arrest Larry (Mr. Johnson) before getting to this part of the quest, or did that scene trigger after picking the quest up? I'm not certain, but I believe it's a conflict in the game code with having him in jail already. I'm thinking that the cell needs to be empty to trigger the fight between Yumi and Crystal. Could be wrong.

RE: Ms Dewitt auditorium bug - Not sure I fully understand what you meant.
Did you talk to Ms. Dewitt after getting the beer but before going to the assembly hall?
Or did you deliver the beer to Eve's gang first and then speak to Ms. Dewitt?

IIRC, there was a similar bug in the older versions of the game (0.15.x) where the stolen goods stayed in the backpack even after you turned them in.
Is it possible at all that you could have at any point already had the conversation with Harold about turning them in?
Could be the difference between a mild annoyance and something that actually stops story line progression.

Mods used: None
Game Mode: Cookie Jar (Not sure if it counts as game mode)
Bug: When I try to access the solo scenes with Roxxy, Becca or Missy at the beach throught Cookie Jar, I get stuck on the "Spin the Bottle" game and can't access the menu, the only way to get out is closing the game.
Thank you.
Added to the list under "Misc."

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Regarding the stolen goods fix................

That hasn't worked for me. Regardless, I suggest changing the instruction to indicate that workaround requires advancing the Erik/Mrs J story first. That's the only way you get Larry in jail in the first place.

Reactions: carbonatedman

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Regarding the stolen goods fix................

That hasn't worked for me. Regardless, I suggest changing the instruction to indicate that workaround requires advancing the Erik/Mrs J story first. That's the only way you get Larry in jail in the first place.
Edited the fix to show that it is just a possible work around and does not work for all players.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Re: Adding the requirement of the Eric/Mrs. Johnson story-
The explanation of the bug already mentions Mr. Johnson telling the MC where the stolen goods are.

• During Mia's story after Mr. Johnson tells the MC where the stolen items are hidden, the player can not turn them in to Harold.
    • POSSIBLE WORKAROUND - (All Versions)
      • You can still turn in the bag of stolen goods if you mention it when Mia asks the MC to tell Harold to come home for dinner.
        • Has been noted to not work for everyone.
The scene where Larry tells the MC where the stolen items are only occurs if you have progressed far enough through Eric & Mrs. Johnson's story for Larry to get arrested, so I'm pretty content with the bug description as is.

The only other way the goods will spawn is through following Aqua's extremely vague treasure hunt "storyline", and most players probably wont be able to piece that one together without using the walkthrough anyway.

Reactions: mattius77
Apr 23, 2017
Mods used: none
Game Mode: Cheat
Bug: After I set Mia free, I can't seem to get the event with Harold in front of the house and after a few days Mia's storyline is fucked up : Mia got the old dialogue back for parents and homework at school and i can sneak in the house to study with her but can't her tattoo again. Also, the mc always says the same sentence when i go in his room even in the middle of the day like he should visit her ...

Reactions: carbonatedman
Status
Not open for further replies.