Mod Summertime Saga - Massage Mod & Heatwave Mod *NEW 16/07/19*

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
Log's Summertime Saga Mods

Hi all, I've quickly become a big fan of Summertime Saga and DarkCookie's art.
There are minor details that I'd love to see added to the game that I doubt DC will have time for. So I decided to create some mods and share them with you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MassageMod_banner.jpg

v035

The cabin massage is one of the hottest scenes in the game, IMO. It always bothered me that it didn't actually look like an oily massage though.
So if you like shiny skin like me you'll enjoy this.

This mod adds shiny skin where appropriate, changing the artwork to look the part and adds new transitional images to the bikini contest and the weekend activity. Considering Roxxy's big nipples and the way she looks in her other bikini I also decided to show those and her increasing excitement.
Now also includes Debbie's lotion scene at home.

HeatwaveMod_banner.jpg
v01

The goal of this mod is to make the game even sexier while staying true to the original game. Sometimes I'll be fixing graphical errors, sometimes I'll be adding/editing images. If you have never played Summertime Saga before, you hopefully won't even know while enjoying the game.

Last edited:

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
This error:
Code:
The label treasure_open_no_key is defined twice, at
is because the labels of your mod are named the same of the ones in the original script, thats is not allowed in renpy

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
I instaled in a new clean instalation
I just did the same again and it works for me right away. No error messages. It's on purpose that I over-ride the massage labels.

Can anyone else please confirm if there are errors?

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
I just did the same again and it works for me right away. No error messages. It's on purpose that I over-ride the massage labels.

Can anyone else please confirm if there are errors?
Did you run a new instalation? With the original files, no the ones you decompiled

Reactions: wavehunterbr2000

ShiroSeigi

May 17, 2018
Nice pics, but...

ren'py is derping out. I also got the same errors

to get it to work, let ren'py generate the .rpyc file (and let it crash). then delete or move the .rpy file (I backed mine up)
now loads normally, not sure if other issues down the line tho

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
Good thing I put the disclaimer about me being Ren'Py newb there. :rolleyes:
I'll take down the thread until I have this ironed out.

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
ren'py is derping out. I also got the same errors

to get it to work, let ren'py generate the .rpyc file (and let it crash). then delete or move the .rpy file (I backed mine up)
now loads normally, not sure if other issues down the line tho
lol, i didn't knew that method, i will try it, but... Well, i will try it

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
I post to you the script workin, you can use it if you want
The problem is I can't replicate the error you guys are getting. So while I understand what's causing it I can't be sure if I'm fixing it. I appreciate your script but I want to see if I can do it less intrusively.

Reactions: Keitaro420

ShiroSeigi

May 17, 2018
lol, i didn't knew that method, i will try it, but... Well, i will try it
basically, it's how all ren'py games work. the .rpy files are all text that you can edit.

every time any game runs the ren'py engine takes all .rpy files and converts them into .rpyc (bytecode) files which are easier for the engine to read and run. but they can't be edited normally.

in other words, it's normal for there to be a .rpy and .rpyc copy of every file and it shouldn't cause any issues.

but when it does cause issues, it's typically when the .rpy file is newer and the .rpyc is from an older version (thus deleting the .rpyc files when updating mods and such).

however, in this case. looking at the error message the engine thinks that the .rpy file and .rpyc file are separate, when they actually aren't.

TLDR:
1. delete all dialogues files in \game\scripts\locations\beach folder
2. copy modded dialogues.rpy into folder
3. run game: ren'py will generate the .rpyc copy on its own (let it crash, it shouldn't actually be crashing here btw)
4. if it does crash -> delete or move the dialogues.rpy back out of the folder so only the dialogues.rpyc is remaining

ps. @LogID this isn't something you have done (not your fault, it's an issue with ren'py). it may be being caused by another mod or something else. either way the engine is trying to load the same location twice, but not recognizing that the files are the same thing

______
edit:
I am using your mod plus several other mods:
lain's mod attractive characters
lain's mod fan scenes
enable rollback mod
incest mod
this massage mod

Reactions: Keitaro420

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
Okay so it is clashing with another mod then. Good to know. Now to figure out which!

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
You get the _same_ error by simply extracting the stock game files with unren (no mods required!). STS is crazy complicated compared to most RenPy games on here.
What worked for me with another game is putting this at the top of the main modded rpy file:
Code:
init -10:
    config.label_overrides = {'STOCK_LABEL':'CUSTOM_LABEL', 'STOCK_LABEL_2': 'CUSTOM_LABEL2'}
Then of course you make your edited label names "CUSTOM_LABEL" instead of "STOCK_LABEL" in a new rpy.