PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Same with music, nobody asks for it because nobody cares about it. It's the least favorite part of the game. And he still throws HUGE amounts of money on that when it's actually FREE.
Unless your actual name is 'nobody' - your statement is false - there are people who Do care about the music.

I happen to be one of them, I am a paying supporter and I Always encourage Ocean to pursue music if He feels it will add to Summers Gone.

I feel like the music is a Major add to Summers Gone, it helps with immersion and sets the tone for different scenes, and I have multiple SG playlists that I enjoy wherever I travel.

As nice as it is to try to speak for 100% of the people who have tried Summers Gone - better to just go with:

IMO - it is your opinion and you are entitled to it, just like each one of us!

FYI - The licensed music Ocean pursues is not FREE.

Free describes your download on F95.

It does not, for example, describe the cost of electricity, hardware, software, or the music that Ocean uses for Summers Gone.

Cheers!! :coffee:

prodigalsunz

Oct 23, 2019
As an aside, how can Noji be poor - she is a medical doctor? in what freaking Western country would a MEDICAL DOCTOR be paid poorly? I remember several comments in game about how poor Noji+Nami+MC are or something to that effect. She's a freaking MD, they roll in money. Hell, in my shitty small country an MD can earn 20.000 eur per month if they have their own private practice together with their day job at a gov facility.

Noji should be rolling in dough, not be paid poorly and driving a shitty car. She should have a Mercedes in front of her house, plus each of the kids having their own Honda or something. NOT living in a dump overrun by rats!
My brother is a doctor and poor AF. He's still paying for a debt of 1.2 million his ex-wife left him.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
As an aside, how can Noji be poor - she is a medical doctor? in what freaking Western country would a MEDICAL DOCTOR be paid poorly?
I usually answer this uestion cause I have a slight first hand experience with it: In my country a 'general doctor' or 'Family doctor' doesn't earn as much as somebody who studied to be, for example, a plastic surgeon, an ophtalmo, or an anesthetist.

Wollust is a fictitious city that is a mix of Germany/US, wouldn't surprise me if Ocean decided to rule how much a doctor like Noji makes.

Source: My dad was a Family doctor, my brother and 2 other cousins studied some of the other things I mentioned above and they earned way more than my dad.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Funny thing is, my posts were deleted for being "off topic", supposedly, not for being rude or anything... so... ok sure :WaitWhat:
Yeah, 3 or 4 of my posts were deleted today for being "off-topic", but I know I didn't post anything offtopic lately just to not be deleted...

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
My brother is a doctor and poor AF. He's still paying for a debt of 1.2 million his ex-wife left him.
1.2 million debt being the important part and reason for poorness. As far as we know Noji didn't have a wife that spent her money then divorced her.

I usually answer this uestion cause I have a slight first hand experience with it: In my country a 'general doctor' or 'Family doctor' doesn't earn as much as somebody who studied to be, for example, a plastic surgeon, an ophtalmo, or an anesthetist.
Well, we know that she works in the ER and is apparently a surgeon. Surgeons have always been paid well iirc.

prodigalsunz

Oct 23, 2019
1.2 million debt being the important part and reason for poorness. As far as we know Noji didn't have a wife that spent her money then divorced her.

Well, we know that she works in the ER and is apparently a surgeon. Surgeons have always been paid well iirc.
We don't know much about Noji at all. There could be alot of reasons why they are not rich, maybe she got sued for a botched surgery.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Look up the average for an ER surgeon in Germany. It's good, but it's not Amber or Stefan level good. On that average, Noji will look poorer than anyone except Mila. Also, she might be paying off any number of debts, being a single carer. Who knows how much Nika's hospital stay or recuperation cost?

Reactions: Penfold Mole

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Nah, because once Ocean starts doing that, he's have to continue doing season 2, same as the last rework, dividing time. As he paced the renders to the old music, the new music might not fit, so either he searches or he re-renders to fit the scene to the new music. And while he's there, breat sizes change mysteriously. So, I'm really okay with missing two or three penis shots a vagina and an assjob. It's less than 1% of the content, and they will be better lewds in season 2 - which will happen sooner than if he had to rework the music.

I'm all for cutting like 4 renders and a cinematic so Ocean isn't tempted to increase cupsizes or age the characters while they wait for season two.
Why are you lying? To change the music you don’t need to redo the renderings. What will happen to the music when the license expires or when sex scenes appear in season 2?

Reactions: vi_surzhikov

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It's Wollust, modeled after Germany, so it's 0 unless he was in some private facility. IIRC in Germany medical costs are covered by the mandatory medical insurance.
Fair point, but it's modelled somewhere between the US and Germany, but piecemeal. I'm just thinking it's not necessarily a plot hole byt maybe a plot point. Nonji might have paid to keep it off the records, because it was violence (whether by Nika or others) that get him there. Considering Noji's friends, she is handing out with all the rich people, so that might be a mystery we will discover.

Reactions: yossa999

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Well, Ocean has made mistakes again with his reworkings. Firstly, he shouldn’t have remade something that was already good, I’m saying this in the scene of the MC’s visit to a psychologist.

And secondly, according to the plot, after visiting a psychologist, MC and Bella go to the hairdresser and get a fashionable hairstyle. But in the new renderings, MC is already sitting with a new hairstyle at Amber’s reception, and not shaggy as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: vi_surzhikov

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
From Ocean's Dev Log dated May 2, 2024:

... there will also be two Soundtrack packs.

With my new contract, I can sell songs as external soundtracks, etc., and I've added the clause that they get 50% of the soundtrack sales.

The industry standard is, I think, 15%, but I want to help underrated music artists. Sadly, Late Kids and I still used the old contract. But if they want to work together again for Season 2, I will get them on Steam for S2.

I think this is a very smart business move.

I know of plenty of creators who monetize their digital art and soundtracks on Steam, selling them as unique downloads.

The royalty structure Ocean is offering - 50% - is a great incentive for these music entities and future music entities to continue to work with Ocean/sign up for Season 2 of SG.

I don't have any specifics on Steam residuals from these types of sales, but no one complains about receiving an extra check every XX days.

Cheers!! :coffee:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Didn't look that closely till this recent convo. Yeah I agree Nojiko did look better in the old o well not that big of a deal at least Ocean decided against her getting a boob job so i'll put that in the win category.
It's not really a big deal but it ticks me off that he can't stop fiddling with the models. I think this is the only game I can't help noticing character's body size and shape change, not only from update to update but render to render as well.

4.40 star(s) 487 Votes