VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [v0.13] [FlipDaShit]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes
Oct 31, 2017
Hey everyone, question about the game if you don't mind.

I enjoy lesbian-focused games and the characters here look quite good visually, but I see some things in the description and comments that set off some red flags for me. Specfically, the mentions of a "sexpositive environment" and "sexpos points" provide me concern about my control over the gameplay.

In this game, are you free to choose what character(s) to pursue? Or are you effectively forced to have romantic and/or sexual interactions with basically everyone?

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Hey everyone, question about the game if you don't mind.

I enjoy lesbian-focused games and the characters here look quite good visually, but I see some things in the description and comments that set off some red flags for me. Specfically, the mentions of a "sexpositive environment" and "sexpos points" provide me concern about my control over the gameplay.

In this game, are you free to choose what character(s) to pursue? Or are you effectively forced to have romantic and/or sexual interactions with basically everyone?
You will have full control over which characters you want to pursuit. The "sexpos points" are no longer valid in v0.13. Summer will never be forced into any sexual activity. All activities she engages in are voluntary and based on Summer's (the female protagonist) curious nature. Just a little heads up. I don't really know what your perception of "sex positivity" is, but it's not a bad thing in this game. You can play it for free and see if you like it or not. I hope for the first :)

Reactions: LittleSisterLover
Oct 31, 2017
You will have full control over which characters you want to pursuit. The "sexpos points" are no longer valid in v0.13. Summer will never be forced into any sexual activity. All activities she engages in are voluntary and based on Summer's (the female protagonist) curious nature. Just a little heads up. I don't really know what your perception of "sex positivity" is, but it's not a bad thing in this game. You can play it for free and see if you like it or not. I hope for the first :)
Thanks for the response, I'll be putting it on the list to try then.

I generally view the concept of "sex positivity" as "sex not being a forbidden act". That is, characters are aware of and accepting of sex rather than the...let's say "innocent girl" trope who "believes they should never do such a thing", which is usually a bit silly outside exploring certain themes.

However, I've played enough games and known enough people that treat it more as "sex is always good and there's absolutely no problem with everyone fucking each other", which I personally disagree with.

If the characters have distinct, well-conveyed personalities in a realistic setting and I'm given agency over my engagements with them - what I'm willing to do, stating what I expect from that character (casual sex, exclusivity, a relationship, group sex, polygamy, etc.) - then I'll likely be happy with it.

If I'm led to believe I'm forming a personal connection with a character and then two scenes later I'm expected to get a pubic tattoo in front of an audience while that character and another fuck in the background I'll likely end up unhappy with it. That example is so specific because yes, I did play a game that pulled that wtihout my consent.

I feel that may have come across a bit stiff or rude, and I apologize if so. I am just a tad sick of trying to find cute lesbian games only for Hagrid to show up at my door and hit me with the, "You're a whore, Harry."

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
I feel that may have come across a bit stiff or rude, and I apologize if so. I am just a tad sick of trying to find cute lesbian games only for Hagrid to show up at my door and hit me with the, "You're a whore, Harry."
No need to apologize, we all have our own preferences. It's pretty much impossible to cater to each and every single player when making such a game. Some people will hate the vision I have for this game, others will love it while others are just okay with it. That's how things go, right. So far the reception has been overwhelmingly positive which gives me the impression I'm doing something right.

However, I've played enough games and known enough people that treat it more as "sex is always good and there's absolutely no problem with everyone fucking each other", which I personally disagree with.
This game will deal with themes of non-traditional relationships such as polyamory, non-monogamous relationships, casual sex. You will be able to avoid it, but that path would lead to considerably less content. It is still a game heavily focused on sexual discovery. So maybe it's not going to be your kind of game and that's fine. If you happen to play it though, I'd still love to hear what you think.

Oct 31, 2017
This game will deal with themes of non-traditional relationships such as polyamory, non-monogamous relationships, casual sex. You will be able to avoid it, but that path would lead to considerably less content. It is still a game heavily focused on sexual discovery. So maybe it's not going to be your kind of game and that's fine. If you happen to play it though, I'd still love to hear what you think.
Hmm...I appreciate you being upfront about that. I'm not opposed to non-traditional relationships so long as all parties are aware of and understand what they're accepting.

My primary concern comes from that lack of understanding. Let's say, as an example, character A and character B are introduced. The player likes character A but dislikes character B. The player becomes involved with character A, but character A fails to disclose their involvement with character B. The player then finds out at a later point that characters A and B are involved. The player is now locked out of character A as they must now be involved with character B as well, or accept that character A is also involved with someone they dislike. In this case, the player then regrets becoming involved with character A because they did not know the context of their actions nor were they able to make their intentions clear to character A.

I understand the game may end up with a limited amount of monogamous content, which is completely fine. Sexual discovery and indeed love come in many forms. I'm perfectly happy to engage in group content should it involve characters I like, I suppose the crux of my concern comes down to whether or not I am provided the ability to make informed decisions. Do you believe the game will provide the ability to do this, or is your intent more to place a strong enough emphasis on multi-character relationships that the player's influence may be limited?

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
I'm perfectly happy to engage in group content should it involve characters I like, I suppose the crux of my concern comes down to whether or not I am provided the ability to make informed decisions. Do you believe the game will provide the ability to do this, or is your intent more to place a strong enough emphasis on multi-character relationships that the player's influence may be limited?
You will always be given the choice to pursue a character path or not. If you do go on their path, you WILL have sexual relations with that character and if you wish to do so in the future, with multiple characters together, but you will always be given a choice.

What kind of relationship it's going to be is driven by the narrative though. With some you might have a "friends with benefits" relationship, with others a commited one. Doing it otherwise would be waaay too much work for a new solo-dev like me. The branches and variables would be endless basically. As much as I would like to give the player a choice for every single possibility, I need to remain realistic about what I can manage. My vision for the game is rather simple actually. I would like to create a wholesome, often funny, sometimes serious, cute, sexy, kinky world with emphasis on consensual sexual experiences where nobody will be forced to do anything against their will or coerced into something they don't want.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes