• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Sugarcube keeps giving me the same error whenever i type in the console (chrome). how do i get rid of it and what caused it?

Jan 21, 2021
I don't know much about coding. all i know is that in the console i can use Sugarcube.State.variables to cheat in games in which i may lose my save file or find too grindy. every time i type in the console (or click on it) in these game i get the same error (screenshot attached)
the games i found this in are Degrees of lewdity, love and corruption, and favorite teacher. i havent seen if it happens in other games because it only started happening recently and doesnt happen on anything but sugarcube games. the error just stops me from typing until i click on OK a couple of times then reappears when i start typing again

Screenshot 2022-06-07 002355.png
if youre having the same problem i would appreciate a push so that this doesnt sink

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyun251

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
This was an error introduced in a chromium update, probably .

Only fix is either using another browser that skipped this update or waiting until the next chromium update where they should fix it.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It's not related specifically to SugarCube, since I tested a Harlowe game and got the same thing, but then only once.

If you're just going to work with the variables, it's easy to bypass it. Either just type in S and then you might see a list with the SugarCube commands you've used before. Or type SugarCube.State.variables somewhere else and copy/paste it to the console. Click Ok on the error messages and enter in the console and you can work undisturbed with the variables.