Mod sts_unpack - Summertime Saga unpack tool

saberlocked

Apr 14, 2018
Hello folks!
Since I recently started to play around with Summertime Saga assets, I wrote a little python script which unpacks images, converts them from WEBP to PNG, unpacks audio, unpacks scripts and decompiles them. It's called sts_unpack and usage is really simple:
Code:
py .\sts_unpack.py "<Directory-where-your-SummertimeSaga.exe-is>" "<Output-Directory>"
This will unpack images, audio and scripts.
You can however, supply these optional parameters to disable one or more features:
Code:
-ni | --no-images    Disables the processing of images.
-na | --no-audio     Disables the processing of audio.
-ns | --no-scripts   Disables the processing of scripts.
The only prerequisite for this script is that you have both python 3 and python 2 installed and that they are accessible via the python launcher. Check this link for help:

If you have any questions let me know :)

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
RenPy archive unpacker 1.1

# RenPy archive unpacker 1.1
# Decompiles PRA archives from RenPy runtime.
# Compatible with games using old versions of RenPy 6.x

# =============
# HOW TO USE IT
# =============
# 1. Put this file to your /game/ dir.
# 2. Run the game.
# 3. See /unpacked/ dir.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
Hello folks!
Since I recently started to play around with Summertime Saga assets, I wrote a little python script which unpacks images, converts them from WEBP to PNG, unpacks audio, unpacks scripts and decompiles them. It's called sts_unpack and usage is really simple:
Code:
py .\sts_unpack.py "<Directory-where-your-SummertimeSaga.exe-is>" "<Output-Directory>"
This will unpack images, audio and scripts.
You can however, supply these optional parameters to disable one or more features:
Code:
-ni | --no-images    Disables the processing of images.
-na | --no-audio     Disables the processing of audio.
-ns | --no-scripts   Disables the processing of scripts.
The only prerequisite for this script is that you have both python 3 and python 2 installed and that they are accessible via the python launcher.

If you have any questions let me know
could you elaborate on this??

where to put the files??

how to??

because this isn't useful at all without a proper way to do it

saberlocked

Apr 14, 2018
could you elaborate on this??

where to put the files??

how to??

because this isn't useful at all without a proper way to do it
It doesn't matter where you put the files. You just need to open a command prompt (cmd or powershell) in the directory where the "sts_unpack.py" file is and type in the command line as shown in the first post.
You only need python 2 and python 3 installed on your system (pretty easy with the python launcher).
Check this link for more information:

Reactions: CtrlF and aeonium

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
It doesn't matter where you put the files. You just need to open a command prompt (cmd or powershell) in the directory where the "sts_unpack.py" file is and type in the command line as shown in the first post.
You only need python 2 and python 3 installed on your system (pretty easy with the python launcher).
Check this link for more information:
ahhh, now i get it...
see, that wasn't that hard to explain, ehh??

Sandmaster

Nov 24, 2017
so, would this unpack tool make it easier for modders to create new content? I'm not exactly up and up on RenPy so anything regarding it is kinda like witchcraft for me