CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
same engine
Maverik has a hard time with choosing the suitable wording j/k he upgraded from godot whatever versionnumber to godot 3
godotengine.org
is there a massive difference between the two or is it just a version update with minor changes? so is it more like Direct X/.Net Framework or Photoshop (ver.# really doesn't matter. once you're past 5.5 of course.)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
is there a massive difference between the two or is it just a version update with minor changes? so is it more like Direct X/.Net Framework or Photoshop (ver.# really doesn't matter. once you're past 5.5 of course.)
Most important changes for Godot 3 are new 3d renderer, better audio streaming capabilities (iirc) and improvements to the actual game editor. For Strive the first part is irrelevant so it's likely Maverik find the editor much easier to work with than in the 2.x versions.

Reactions: 999Paradise

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
There's been three bugfix updates so far, so I'll be holding off a day before I download the four versions.

Since sometimes I can get a version or two up before I leave for work, and the rest later - what does everyone actually use?

Random

Mar 10, 2017
The engine update seems to be completely on his side.. If anything I'm noticing it run a little slower since this update went live..
Really dislike the removal of the old sex system.. It's removal limits the ability to force some traits, and drastically reduces the ability to raise a girl's charm stat. Also, I felt needing to use energy to build up mana was a fair trade, this new system feels like you just get mana every day without having to balance anything for it.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
The engine update seems to be completely on his side.. If anything I'm noticing it run a little slower since this update went live..
Really dislike the removal of the old sex system.. It's removal limits the ability to force some traits, and drastically reduces the ability to raise a girl's charm stat. Also, I felt needing to use energy to build up mana was a fair trade, this new system feels like you just get mana every day without having to balance anything for it.
So... he made the game relatively more easy than before?

Random

Mar 10, 2017
So... he made the game relatively more easy than before?
I wouldn't say it's easier, there's not enough that actually changed outside of how the information is displayed to overly effect the difficulty at all. I would say I just prefer the old sex system, this new interaction system feels weaker. My perception may just be because I'm not used to it. Mana is easier to come by, but it has been for a few versions now, the interaction system was added a few versions back beside the old sex system, this is the first version with the old sex system fully removed.

What I would say has changed between last version and this one is that the old sex system made it very easy to train perverted, depraved, bisexual slaves, with high charm. The interaction sex system makes it easier to gain mana but, as far as I can tell, makes getting those traits more difficult, and makes it so the only way to increase charm is to equip a bedlah and wait.

The charm thing was apparently an oversight, and he has said he intends to add a work around for it, but there probably won't be any more hotfixes unless another major bug is found, so expect it to remain as is until next full version.

Reactions: brynhildr

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
The new sex system is also rather cumbersome to use in that you need significantly more clicks to do things. Another thing is the method used to generate text -pick pieces of sentences from a database- that makes it feel more eeeh... "clinical"? (idk how to describe it better)

I too liked the old system better in any case.

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
The new sex system is also rather cumbersome to use in that you need significantly more clicks to do things. Another thing is the method used to generate text -pick pieces of sentences from a database- that makes it feel more eeeh... "clinical"? (idk how to describe it better)

I too liked the old system better in any case.
Old system had really nice detailed descriptions. I agree with you that sex as a "chain of actions" has no build up or emotions to convey. This is the reason I like Lilith's Throne as a game but not sex mechanics. The only game with decent interactive sex is EratohoK because it contains shitload of possibilities and generic descriptions mixed with custom descriptions hardcoded for each girl (unfortunately most of those is not translated yet) so each girl feels unique. This is of course not possible when you have completely random set of girls.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Anyone else got weird bug with the farm upgrade, where you can't open the farm page unless you go to the lab first?

Also, is there any way to see the stats of characters in the farm? Apparantly it drains hp or builds stress or something, but...

Draghough

May 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
RIP the good ol' sex system...welcome boring interaction
So since i haven't used this much in my playthroughs how many interactions can you have daily or the max number is the same as the num of slaves ?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hopefully, one day he will change again the sex system by using the one that was there before this update (at least I hope that someone will... point it out? Tell him? To him) :FeelsBadMan:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Guys... are you serious about old sex system? :eek:

It was no more then placeholder and was not far away from famous "rape is a rape" in level of details. :)

And inside it... It were total mess in code.

The only game with decent interactive sex is EratohoK because it contains shitload of possibilities and generic descriptions mixed with custom descriptions hardcoded for each girl (unfortunately most of those is not translated yet) so each girl feels unique. This is of course not possible when you have completely random set of girls.
It's possible even with random girls (will require to develop tons of traits and quirk like ... in EratohoK :) ).

But don't forget that Era is fruit of work from entire jap community. No way single dev can compare it (at least in creativity).

Draghough

May 26, 2017
Guys... are you serious about old sex system? :eek:

It was no more then placeholder and was not far away from famous "rape is a rape" in level of details. :)

And inside it... It were total mess in code.
<Snip>
As serious as posible and before i even start thanks for the good laugh
So 3 lines are more in depth than 18 line worth sex scene (just an example)
... okay x'D not gonna argue
Yea what a mess that the "template" is much smaller and thus cleaner for the interactions , who would've known

-----
And anyone with a patreon/itch account can contact the dev to tell him stuff , there are public builds for the game afterall latest 0.5.5 included

4.30 star(s) 46 Votes