Goldfish

May 22, 2017
This game have a fast way to find the location, no? When you go Save/Load in game there is an option to open folder. I don't think I have seen any game that does that.

A lot better than some games that only allow saving to registry (Something Unlimited) and some other Unity game.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I asked Maverik this question, apparently save/game files location is hidden behind game engine abstraction layer and there is no easy way to change this.
I guess it's easier for him if the saves are in the user directory for multi-platform compatibility, but I don't see any valid reason the pictures folder can't be loaded with res://Portraits/ instead of user://Portraits/ or even better check both locations for them.

Reactions: jpsimon

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
I asked Maverik this question, apparently save/game files location is hidden behind game engine abstraction layer and there is no easy way to change this.
I believe the save data is located...

user> your name> appdata> Roaming> Strive2> Saves

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
oh my bad, sorry

but I think that is how the engine that the game uses does it.
Not precisely that's the recommended way of doing it for multi-platform compatibility, but the choice is left to the author (had a quick look at the engine documentation about 30 min ago).

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
I guess it's easier for him if the saves are in the user directory for multi-platform compatibility, but I don't see any valid reason the pictures folder can't be loaded with res://Portraits/ instead of user://Portraits/ or even better check both locations for them.
right, now when he switched from precompiled .res file to just "raw" directory structure this can work. Until recently the game data was one file so there was no way to add portraits there manually.

This game have a fast way to find the location, no? When you go Save/Load in game there is an option to open folder. I don't think I have seen any game that does that.

A lot better than some games that only allow saving to registry (Something Unlimited) and some other Unity game.
indeed, saves in JSON is awesome feature

D

Deleted member 7072

0.4.43a
  • Added sprite for Sebastian
  • When asking for more sex slaves will not take vaginal penetration if they are virgin
  • If Mother is humanoid (elf, demon, etc) and father is a beastkin, child will become halfkin of father's race (previously they would be assigned to mother's race)
  • Spiking Emily only needs 1 aphrodisiac instead of 2+ now
  • Aphrodisiac can be purhased from Wimborn's market
  • Slime, Nereid and Scylla can produce fluid substance on sex
  • Message log won't show removal of non-existent traits
  • Deterrent potion will remove Sex-Crazed trait
  • Beauty potion will remove Scarred trait
  • Lack of 'attention' won't grow for slaves sleeping in your bed (useful for Clingy trait)
  • Added Entrancement effect check onto sex punishments when trying to apply Masochist trait
  • Sex-crazed and Submissive slaves won't complain when you unlock their sex without consent
  • Sleep spell won't change slave's occupation and will restore all energy on use
Lol, I didn't know Maverik read this thread, half the changelog is from my mod. Glad he liked my changes. Now I don't have to do those parts every update :p Looks like he coded it himself too, since I found a bug.

Mr Maverick, in the getessencesfromsex function in sexuals.gd Harpy is misspelled.
elif slave.race in ['Hapry', 'Centaur'] || slave.race.find('Beastkin') >= 0 || slave.race.find('Halfkin') >= 0:
should be
elif slave.race in ['Harpy', 'Centaur'] || slave.race.find('Beastkin') >= 0 || slave.race.find('Halfkin') >= 0:

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Would love even a generic single image for the different species/genders. I know it's a text game, but still.... ;)

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
anyone know where to catch a Taurus? lol been hunting forever
Go to "\Strive for Power\files\scripts\---" and open "exploration.gd" as a plain text file (so, notepad would be fine if that's all you have). Do a search for the race your looking for. The results aren't hard to decipher:
exporation.jpg
There is an enormous amount of data in this one file about finding races, their percentage chance to show up (Taurus is 30%, the screenshot clipped that), etc. For example, Dragonkin (the best fighters in the game) have a 3% chance to show up in the Gorn Mountains. So have fun with that.

A few other notes. The homepage of this game is at . You can find links to their to add portraits to the game there (the images are great, but they fucked up the race names so it takes some getting used to in-game, like searching for "plant" instead of "dryad"), as well as their and community forums. Good info there.

Reactions: L_sir and LOL32

Clive

Dec 9, 2016
I looked but I can't find the file to open to get the password? Anyone know what it is? Thanks.

roydanton

Aug 7, 2016
Changelog + Link
Today, 01:47 PM

0.4.44a version is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post.
Changelog:
0.4.44a
Fixed old saves error on load
Added new minor sidequest in Gorn(requires to unlock Ayda for completion)
Added new slave list allowing easier management (unlocks with headgirl)
Follow-up sex on demand shouldn't take virginity anymore
Slaves will remember last sex action you've choosen for them
Added option to get to wiki from help menu
Mana gain and loss will show in the log
Prison rape won't allow slave to offer you more sex
Cali's quest won't automatically trigger when entering the market anymore
Cali and Emily's beauty slightly increased
Added new armor to Amberguard
Added portal to the Amberguard (unlocks on first entrance)
Fixed an error causing some characters to start with additional stats
Fixed mechanic behind slave phys stats (fixed a minor issue with ninja suit)
Fixed harpy not giving bestial essence in sex
Fixed permadeath not correctly working in some cases
Fixed the issue where you could finish turn in combat without selecting what to do with escapee
Fixed Noble characters not correctly receiving their bonuses upon generation
Fixed Sebastian slave not being repaired when attempting to repair save
Fixed ability to choose disabled option in dialogue with keys

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Changelog + Link
Today, 01:47 PM

0.4.44a version is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post.
Changelog:
0.4.44a
Fixed old saves error on load
Added new minor sidequest in Gorn(requires to unlock Ayda for completion)
Added new slave list allowing easier management (unlocks with headgirl)
Follow-up sex on demand shouldn't take virginity anymore
Slaves will remember last sex action you've choosen for them
Added option to get to wiki from help menu
Mana gain and loss will show in the log
Prison rape won't allow slave to offer you more sex
Cali's quest won't automatically trigger when entering the market anymore
Cali and Emily's beauty slightly increased
Added new armor to Amberguard
Added portal to the Amberguard (unlocks on first entrance)
Fixed an error causing some characters to start with additional stats
Fixed mechanic behind slave phys stats (fixed a minor issue with ninja suit)
Fixed harpy not giving bestial essence in sex
Fixed permadeath not correctly working in some cases
Fixed the issue where you could finish turn in combat without selecting what to do with escapee
Fixed Noble characters not correctly receiving their bonuses upon generation
Fixed Sebastian slave not being repaired when attempting to repair save
Fixed ability to choose disabled option in dialogue with keys

Got a Patreon code too? Tried to find the file they mention in page 1, but no luck

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
-- These files are past their expiration date. Please check towards the end of the thread for fresh versions. Thank you for shopping at F95zone. --

Strive for Power v0.4.45a
(Win64) with Portrait Pack pre-installed, and Patron options cracked
Edit: Fixed Beastkin/Halfkin portrait issue.

(The stand-alone password crack can be found at the bottom. Not guaranteed to work on later versions of the game. Instructions for cracking later versions are in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.)

Okay, so what we have here is the complete v.0.4.45a version of Strive for Power. What I've done is moved the 'Portraits' directory into the actual game directory (instead of AppData, where it is by default). This way, I could make 1 large download with the portraits already installed.

Not only that, but I adjusted all the filenames and directory structure in the portrait pack so they actually take advantage of the the "Race/Sex Restriction." Fixt.

To change portraits, click this microscopic button with no hint whatsoever to it's presence.
Image1.jpg
Almost like someone was ashamed to have such a shitty portrait function so they didn't want to draw attention to it. But, I digress. Wait about 10 seconds for it to load all the portraits for the first time.

Image2.jpg
See that button? Click it to filter the portraits. You'll have to uncheck it, and recheck it when you pick a different slave because it only filters when it's clicked. Kind'a misleading.
4.jpg
There's only a handful of male portraits, and I didn't filter them. They will always be at the top of the list before you apply a filter.

Finally, this business here ...
Image3.jpg
Just click the big button. Don't bother typing anything. Doesn't matter.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hello! I have a question: someone.. by any chance has managed to go through the quest that requires you to go to the Undercity Ruins for gathering some documents? And if yes, how do you manage to beat the guardian? Because everytime I end up confronting him, I always lose - mostly because he is strong as fuck, and because my companions are always tired and so I'm alone and of course I'm not able to beat it :/

4.30 star(s) 46 Votes