slowman

Jan 18, 2019
Was strive for power finished? i played the 1st and second maybe 2 years ago and 3 years ago (1st 3 years ago i think and the 2nd 2) both of then seemed like text games with alot of options but with no idea what to do other than training a slave and thats it.

V01

Jul 19, 2017
I can't find any reason to play this over Strive 1 when it has much less content and is lacking any real improvements except combat.

The fear and obedience mechanic is complete trash. Your servants run away simply because you haven't beat them enough or praised them. If you don't use your skills EVERY DAY your people will run away. If all they're are doing is working a couple hours a day (or even if they are doing nothing) while being provided ample food and shelter, why are servants so quick to flee? The decay rate on these needs to be significantly reduced and/or only have the values change only when a significant event occurs.

One of the issues still here from Strive 1 that needs to be addressed is that characters have no personality or uniqueness except for the few special quest related ones. There is still only art for special characters, and every one of your servants acts exactly the same.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
just a heads up game did not render to full screen had to manualy turn off full screen from settings in appdata folder

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
I can't find any reason to play this over Strive 1 when it has much less content and is lacking any real improvements except combat.

One of the issues still here from Strive 1 that needs to be addressed is that characters have no personality or uniqueness except for the few special quest related ones. There is still only art for special characters, and every one of your servants acts exactly the same.
Well, I guess the term BETA is in the title for a reason... o_O

While there is quite a lot you can improve on, the mentioned points are merely worth critique. If the only characters with 'art' and different behavior, quests, events, etc. are the 'special characters', then there is clearly the groundwork done for such content - one just has to add more 'special characters' to create diversity. But 'content' never really is the selling point of a game demo... never was - never will be.

It's easy to criticise certain 'flaws' - but you have to stay realistic - if I compare the character traits of 'random slaves' in Strive 1 with some AAA 'simulation' like... let's say... Sims 4 - the difference isn't as big as one might instinctively guess. In fact; I have yet to see a 'adult-game' on this site with randomly generated characters that show meaningful difference in their simulated behavior.

Unfortunately; if you want 'character' you have to fall back to real life interactions - because expecting such thing in computer games is just too much. On the contrary - many gamedesigner finally got it, that simulating immersive and randomly generated NPCs won't make a good gaming experience - nearly all of them fall back to scripted concepts away from 'open world' to a more 'cinematic' experience.

One big question when creating games is to find your sweetspot between complexity and abstraction in your simulated gameworld - both concepts can work well if done correctly - even if you settle for a extreme position - but your complete gameconcept has to be tinkered to your direction in this regard. Chess isn't a worse game than D'nD just because the possible interactions are limited - there is more to it.

Long story short; proper gamedevelopment is way more complex than most 'gamer' likes to think & judging missing content and 'balancing' in a (tech) demo is just not reasonable. ;)

Deleted member 1706148

Oct 12, 2019
Nothing much for v0.2.0a... more on bug fixes but still appreciate the update. Really hoping for the best in this sequel since i really like the first one. (y)

Reactions: rKnight

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
UI is a complete mess. too many clicks, too many overlapping windows. Combat UI is ugly as fuck and I have to admit I liked the simplicity and straightforward look of the first Strive combat UI.
Keeping slaves satisfied is unbelievably hard since their obedience drops in like 5 hours constantly.
The crafting system is a good idea but its overly complicated and annoying. You just can't keep slaves happy and successfully do the crafting, it takes too much time.
I would say this game needs a KISS approach and would suggest the dev to get back to the drawing board and start over.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
so, this game wil be continuation of story where previous game ended ? or it will be more like remake + more story ?

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I really like Strive, the whole management aspect of it. The only thing it was lacking is graphical representations of NPCs even if it's something simple like Freecities/Pregmod. A simple graphical representation is better than reading text.

bloodsaitn

Nov 30, 2018
ill be honest combat was probably one of if not worst parts of strive as it was never fun to fight ontop of how shallow the characters were i mean seriously
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 24, 2019
hmm not sure if its intended but 1 of the unlock options is the ability to make "silk" from the farm, however the description for silk is that it comes from monsters..some of the upgrades require cloth which imo seems like what was intended to be unlocked instead of silk.. as silk would be considered a higher rarity of cloth..cloth is just generic..atm im buying cloth from the merchants..

Fuyuki

May 4, 2019
How do you lower the brave factor on your character to get the pet class?
The main character doesn't have that stat at all, so you can't pick this class for him in current game.
Keeping slaves satisfied is unbelievably hard since their obedience drops in like 5 hours constantly.
The highest obedience decay is 50 and only present on the starting companion as it's simply stupid to waste points on that stat. So in worst possible scenario you have to manage the most rebellious slaves every other day. That if you deliberately chose not to do anything to decrease it.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Still a bit messy
Untitled.jpg
[race] [male] [he] [his] [name] =========== became a she after I set her free?
I might have kept her if I knew he was a she....

goug

Jul 28, 2017
Hum, really liked the first game, and even if that one is a bit confusing at first, it's not too bad. Kinda buggy though, but I guess it's to be expected that early in the development process.
Races/genders not displaying, recruit/enslave buttons not working, fighters guild missions can't be completed after doing the objective... I can't do any now, every time I pick a new one it bugs the same way; I clear the area, go back to the mansion, "requirements not met". Well then.

I'll keep an eye on it, see where it goes. I mean, they added kobolds, it's already on its way to be a great game right?

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
How the shit do you even start the game? It's not letting me past the assistant selection screen

goug

Jul 28, 2017
How the shit do you even start the game? It's not letting me past the assistant selection screen
Did you pick their food preferences and starting class? It should be the only things preventing you from creating your starting slave/servant.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
The main character doesn't have that stat at all, so you can't pick this class for him in current game.

The highest obedience decay is 50 and only present on the starting companion as it's simply stupid to waste points on that stat. So in worst possible scenario you have to manage the most rebellious slaves every other day. That if you deliberately chose not to do anything to decrease it.
How about some historical references here.. I know this is a game but if its trying to mimic a slaver society this is a bit ridiculous.
Historically slaves' best chance to lead a normal life was to do their work, not annoy their master and make him happy if he wished for it. Slave escaping was a rare occurrence since guards would usually catch them and they would die a horrible death to serve as an example of what happens when they try to escape.
This game has it upside down, master has to work his ass off to make his slaves happy and it's actually 70% of the whole game.

As it is now, its easier to just do all the mining, farming and crafting by yourself. You get a ton of xp, craft the best equipment you can and you are invincible.
Of course, this is an unbelievable torturing grind but in768 days in-game you are actually ready to start playing seriously.
Cmon give me break, this new concept is just not working and Maverick should just toss it and start from scratch with an entirely new concept.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205059

What was even improved over the first game? Like this looks like 95% like Strive 1 with no changes whatsoever, just a lot less content. What's the point of making a sequel if all you do are minor alterations and just copypaste the same things over?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Was all set to try something a bit harder so I bought a HARD dungeon from the forest...
It always freezes up in the middle of the dungeon after I win a battle...
After loading and trying it a few times, I decided to just go home...
Now I cant whip, warn, or have sex with my companions (when I select warn, no names appear)
I have tried reloading after quitting several times to no avail.
Apparently the save is now corrupted :mad:
Looking forward to an actual working version of the game instead of the demo...

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes