4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

JayJefferson

Jul 18, 2017
I hope Locjaw is ok wish him good health. If he had to visit hospital i can understand. For a moment i thought that Strange nights Will end up like "Teachers pets" and Will get abandoned. Good luck with the upcoming updates.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Not saying it's not true, but isn't it kinda weird how often patreon devs seem to go to the hospital?

Reactions: blahblah25

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Not saying it's not true, but isn't it kinda weird how often patreon devs seem to go to the hospital?
everyone goes to the hospital, but having a job thats compatible with fading health is most likely responsible for the statistic outlyer

Reactions: Daveck

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
For a lot of young devs, patreon money will be the first paycheck they ever receive. Some buy themselves new implants, goldteeth or eye tattoos while others are not as responsible with their money. Instead of fixing their own health, they should concentrate more on fixing bugs and translation mistakes.

"My dog ate my keyboard, my cat peed in my workstation."

Tarona

Sep 7, 2017
Well, I've forgotten about this game for a month. I was hoping to be surprised by an update or a communication, but it looks like that isn't the case.

I'll wait until after the holidays, but If I don't hear any communication from the dev, I'm going to assume that it's been abandoned.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Well, I've forgotten about this game for a month. I was hoping to be surprised by an update or a communication, but it looks like that isn't the case.

I'll wait until after the holidays, but If I don't hear any communication from the dev, I'm going to assume that it's been abandoned.
From the Patreon

Something unexpected happened and had to spend some quality time in a hospital bed for the past few weeks. I'll get back on track as soon as possible and I apologize for my absence.
As others have said on here it's possible that it's a baloney excuse for whatever reason, but true or not I doubt we can expect to see anything until at least the back end of January. I could be wrong but whether the dev is sick or lazy I doubt they're going to rush back to work on this while the holidays are in full swing.
I don't really know what to think, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now that it hasn't been abandoned.

MorahBieno

Development Consultant & Revisions Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
From the Patreon

As others have said on here it's possible that it's a baloney excuse for whatever reason, but true or not I doubt we can expect to see anything until at least the back end of January. I could be wrong but whether the dev is sick or lazy I doubt they're going to rush back to work on this while the holidays are in full swing.
I don't really know what to think, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now that it hasn't been abandoned.
Same here, I'd rather have faith in a fellow developer who was very nice and open to me beforehand. Plus, this game is too good visually, I could forgive the slow down for the content and imagery.

Tarona

Sep 7, 2017
Same here, I'd rather have faith in a fellow developer who was very nice and open to me beforehand. Plus, this game is too good visually, I could forgive the slow down for the content and imagery.

Yeah, but his last communication was almost a month ago. I have no problems with him resting or taking a break during the holidays, but there's not even a communication from him. I thought he was almost done with a new update before he got sick.

This is what he said on October 24:

Hey! Next update will drop sometime the end of next week, finishing up the third day. After that I decided to go through the game so far to make it less linear and introduce some new mechanics. This means the next-next update will lack a little in new content (at least story continuation-wise) but will branch out more with a system that keeps the ball rolling for the next updates.

Again, I'd like to thank you all for the amazing support! Stay tuned!

We waited a month before we got an update with him, telling us he was sick. (Which is okay, take his time). But, in the past 2 months since October, this was the only communication with him.

At least communicate with us. I know a lot of devs taking a pause during the holidays, and you know what, they had no problems telling us that., Why can't he?

Reactions: 88dBJ2vR62SW
Apr 3, 2017
Couldnt even finish this boring game, its literally only click and click game, i think with this concept u should have made very much choises with much outcomes.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Couldnt even finish this boring game, its literally only click and click game, i think with this concept u should have made very much choises with much outcomes.
critizing this much for a 0.03 with this amount of story? You're a little... ungratefull. yes, there is not much choice, but I remember them saying their strategy is first to produce a straight story and fleshing out the alternatives, dead- and bad ends later.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes