[Ren'Py] [VN] Strange Nights [v0.03 Test] [LocJaw]

Discussion in 'Games' started by N7, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (9)
  1. Yng_123
    Yng_123
    5/5,
    Story itself is pretty intersting, although as for v 0.3 is 100% linear.
    Using cellshade ('cartoonish style') gives all the images unusual, but really cool look.
    The really astonishing feature here is animation.
    It's the best animation I've ever seen in games (and I've seen a lot).
    Not much of content as for v 0.3 but still it will entertain for for at least 1 hour.
    The game definitely worth giving a try.
    Sep 29, 2018
  2. smite2001
    smite2001
    5/5,
    The game deserves a high rating at this point for a few reasons:
    - the art-style is great. While being overall "game-y", the characters are properly attractive and the style is a nice contrast to the otherwise dominant DAZ 3d models and manga/animu style.

- the story and characters are good. I havent played the original game this one parodies, so i cant say what is "stolen" and what's original, but whats in the game so far is decent enough.

- the animations are awesome. I dont think there are erotic animations that look that natural/realistic in any other games I have played so far.

I hope that there will be steady progress in the future. This is honestly the biggest threat to the game, the good chance that the dev loses momentum and instead of delivering mediocre updates (which would probably still be better than whatever else is being pushed by other devs), will deliver less and less as time goes on.
    If that doesnt happen, "Strange NIghts" could very well become one of the best erotic VNs on this site.
    Sep 18, 2018
  3. HashiramaSenju
    HashiramaSenju
    5/5,
    It's a good start to a series I've loved ever since playing Life Is Strange series. The whole visual novel's aptly done and there's minor flaws that had been corrected. I can't wait to see what will happen in this new reimagination of the Blackwell Academy characters and the poetically psychotic teacher, Mr. Jefferson.
    Sep 18, 2018
  4. caravaggio
    caravaggio
    5/5,
    That's a true gem! I love parodies, this game has a unique art style and the graphics and animations are of an amazing level, but to be honest there are a lot of games with fantastic graphic these days, what makes this absolutely stand out is that it has a story and is very well written, it's so refreshing to read dialogues that actually make sense and are entertaining. The only flaw I can find is that by now is more a kinetic story than a visual novel.
    Sep 18, 2018
  5. kenju
    kenju
    5/5,
    What a blast! The rendering style is very close to the original game and look very professional and the animations are amazing. The game is perfect for this kind of parody, by changing only one element, the story we know changes and everything is still coherent.
    This game has a huge potential, I hope the update will be frequent enough!
    Sep 16, 2018
  6. MrKenwood
    MrKenwood
    5/5,
    Stunning art and style. Great so far!

Love the natural look, no oversized busts so far, keeping it close to the source.

Story is pretty good, well written and with some genuinely steamy moments with some realism to it. Basic gimmick is that the protagonist removes inhibitions, so characters are written to fit their actions better than most games.
    Jul 10, 2018
  7. Supaman
    Supaman
    5/5,
    even though there isnt much content yet, the art islookin rly good for now. good job with the animations as well, i cant wait to see what they will add in future updates. Really like games that are not just made up of single pictures, makes the action way less satisfying.
    Jun 14, 2018
  8. BulletPete
    BulletPete
    5/5,
    Still doesn't have much content, but the writing and pictures seem excellent.

Plus the story is quite intriguing and i«m really curious to see where the author is gonna take the game in the next chapter. Cant wait.
    Jun 7, 2018
  9. Hesctai
    Hesctai
    4/5,
    4 * of encouragement hoping that it becomes a 5 * as and when. The original idea is to follow the "life is strange" Mark Jefferson is arrested until he gets himself powers like Max in the original opus. Very good start so with this v 0.01. I do not know if there will be any choices and I hope so ...
    Jun 6, 2018