Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I am having problems with the strait 11 build is still freezes up and I have to restart to even play but I dont even get to start making any money before it freezes and I have to start over with a clean slate

have you tried less quality or lower resolution in windowed? you are not using an old save, starting with fresh save right?

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
have you tried less quality or lower resolution in windowed? you are not using an old save, starting with fresh save right?
no old saves and i am using the standard res for my computer it works for 10 but every time i try to play 11 it will stop letting me move around and just freeze up

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
no old saves and i am using the standard res for my computer it works for 10 but every time i try to play 11 it will stop letting me move around and just freeze up
Where is it on your computer? Downloads or desktop?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I suspect the crashing is a memory issue. Stationmaster is a hog that way. Looking into improving, but not sure when it will happen.

Reactions: Gabaw

Bobabod

Sep 13, 2016
The save system, while easy to edit as a player, probably has a better alternative you can look up for in the future.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
You're not wrong, but replacing the save system at this point would be such a pain in the ass that I'm not doing it. The next patch will make it editable in Notepad though, I think.

Reactions: Gabaw and Q Who

Hesctai

Feb 3, 2018
Personally, I can not play since version 11a. The problem remained on 11b / 11c and now 11.
In short, as soon as I go to conquer the space map and come back. If I have the misfortune to review the slaves, the options at the bottom of the screen disappear and I am thus blocked without being able to do anything other than alt + F4. This is done systematically.
Since I built my base and conquered patiently, I do not want to restart the game to zero unfortunately.
(sorry for my English, I'm not very good at it and I help with Google translation)

MontyPython85

Jul 2, 2017
Possibly a really stupid question here, but here goes...

Is there a particular font being used? I tried to playing this game (PC Version) with Wine on my Linux machine... but no text is being displayed anywhere (except the starting screen, which looks fine)... I may need to download / install a particular font here?

Thanks!

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Personally, I can not play since version 11a. The problem remained on 11b / 11c and now 11.
In short, as soon as I go to conquer the space map and come back. If I have the misfortune to review the slaves, the options at the bottom of the screen disappear and I am thus blocked without being able to do anything other than alt + F4. This is done systematically.
Since I built my base and conquered patiently, I do not want to restart the game to zero unfortunately.
(sorry for my English, I'm not very good at it and I help with Google translation)
Did you start a new game or are you trying to use a save touched by .11a

Tweaker69

Aug 12, 2016
As jcwiggens pointed out, any save that was used in 11a was corrupted by doing so. This corruption has been known to persist since .11b came out (and was mentioned several times in this admittedly large thread). I've actually restarted the game about 15 times, at least, usually after getting my 3rd or fourth battleship. I know that feel. But, this game is in it's fledgling stages, and these things are to be expected.

@throwaway734 Regarding my restarts, they are usually quite crash-prone by the time a new update comes out. It seems to happen when I have more than 160 slaves, more than 100 planets, even when I have zero vats, and keep all my girls sterile. Not sure how much that helps, but thanks again for this highly addictive substance

Lightly

May 19, 2018
I am playing the latest Mac version and I have an annoying issue.

When I click any of the following, nothing happens.
- Galaxy Map
- Save
- Quit to Main Menu
- Exit to Desktop

I keep clicking and nothing happens. But clicking anything else will work. Any advice please?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I don't have a Mac, so I can't easily test that, but I'll check into it to see if it's a common Unity issue.

Edit: Will look into crash on impregnation. It doesn't seem to happen on all machines (it doesn't on mine), but I'll add more safeguards to see if I can narrow it down.

Font is Nasalization-rg. It should come in the game package, but you could try installing it to see if that helps. It should be findable on Google.

Reactions: Q Who

Hesctai

Feb 3, 2018
Did you start a new game or are you trying to use a save touched by .11a
I reloaded a backup of the 0.10 to try. If I'm not mistaken the 11a was released on 09/06. My backup date is 05/06. I confirm that the problem remains the same even with this backup = the options at the bottom of the screen disappear for no reason or the game simply closes. Whether returning from a conquest on the map of the galaxy or when we want to interact with characters on our base.
(PC/Windows10)

Yeto1964

Nov 12, 2017
Possibly a really stupid question here, but here goes...

Is there a particular font being used? I tried to playing this game (PC Version) with Wine on my Linux machine... but no text is being displayed anywhere (except the starting screen, which looks fine)... I may need to download / install a particular font here?

Thanks!
Huh,
I play it on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS without any problems.
Maybe (but I didn't do that) you should install Windows-core-fonts with winetricks!

Edit:
BTW: you use the native graphic-driver or a propriety graphic-driver (or whatever it is called in english)?

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I reloaded a backup of the 0.10 to try. If I'm not mistaken the 11a was released on 09/06. My backup date is 05/06. I confirm that the problem remains the same even with this backup = the options at the bottom of the screen disappear for no reason or the game simply closes. Whether returning from a conquest on the map of the galaxy or when we want to interact with characters on our base.
(PC/Windows10)
You should try a clean save\new game with .11. your old save may be bad. that will be the only way to tell is your system cant handle the game or if your save is corrupted in any way.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
You're not wrong, but replacing the save system at this point would be such a pain in the ass that I'm not doing it. The next patch will make it editable in Notepad though, I think.
Does this mean the game will be made editable or that the saves will be made editable?

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Right now its a bit too hard to get slaves pregnant without implants, and those take away the fun.

Please add drugs

Reactions: Q Who
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes