VN Ren'Py Starting a New Sci-Fi VN Project

Naoya093

Mar 31, 2019
Hi guys,

I've just started a new project with Ren'Py, it will be a VN on Sci-Fi theme just like the title suggest. I'm kinda new to Ren'Py, I've used Rpg Maker in the past but I had to drop out the project I was working on because the old Pc died and with him all the progress; yes it was hard to accept but after one year and a new computer here I am with my news ideas.
So I would like to ask some advice on how to use Ren'Py, I add that other than Ren'Py I will use Koikatsu studio and editor to make characters but I kinda don't know how to implement pics, animations and other features, I tried to watch some tutorials but nothing good came out D:

The game or better his story, is about a guy named: Erik King (I will try to add the option to change it at the start of the game if it's possible) which live on Earth, he is the kind of guy that like alines, paranormal and stuff like this. He finds our reality as something monotonous as a sort of script seen and revised, he would like a change in his life like meeting an alien, visiting another planet and discovering the unknown. The change comes when one day he meet a guy named Lex that will give to him a gift, a technological device named Xilo (a device that take the material form of the DNA of his possesor) which will grant to Erik a place in the Herams Academy but later on Erik discover that his nomination was decied by a super computer and his presence could be a miscalculation.

I will give you a preview of some characters (a panoramic pic and some close-ups and yes they are all aliens except the protagonist, but most of them is like a "monster" girl/boy other are just like humans) I know the background is not sci-fi related, yet it's better than a black blackground (yep I putted before the characters and then the background, realaizing later it was a mess with every background I tried except this one but I was too lazy to change the locations of all charactes soo.... lesson learn) ; anyway let me know who you like most (or less) just to have some opinions :D

Thanks a lot for reading and for the comment if you will leave one :)