[sorted out]Having an Issue with APK’s over a certain amount

Yebratha

Jan 26, 2023
so I try to download some of the renpy games to play on my old/previous phone and I’ve noticed that any amount larger than 1gb doesn’t download or work properly, it’s gives me a message as if it is essentially incomplete. Which I can also tell because the file isn’t the size it should be.

I have also tried downloading “the shrink” (which is bout 3gb) on computer to transfer the APK over to the SD card and it still gives me the same message, except it actually took the 3gb worth of space.

I have considered whether this phone was too old to be running them, but anything of a lesser size works. These were done via MEGA as this phone is only 16gb and getting close to 10 years old .

Too be clear I’m sure I might have tried to use the other links and have gotten the same results.

So am I the only one with this issue?

plz halp need an adult. ;~;

edit: for reference I had downloaded “WVM” before which was roughly 1.5gb+ which is fine

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I have also tried downloading “the shrink” (which is bout 3gb) on computer to transfer the APK over to the SD card and it still gives me the same message, except it actually took the 3gb worth of space.
Android limit the APK size to 2GB.

Yebratha

Jan 26, 2023
Android limit the APK size to 2GB.
My bad I missed providing a bit more there, I didn’t realise that was something •~•.

something like “WVM” had downloaded fine up until a point in time (can’t remember the date) that if I tried to download anything recently over 1gb, after ‘completing’ download it would show the size 300mb(guesstimate) on properties but show N/A on the little menu when selecting to install.

the internet connection shouldn’t be the issue. I’m not sure if the phone is limiting the size I can download or the browser or something else.

Uhm, if I need to clear it up bit more somehow plz ask
XD

Yebratha

Jan 26, 2023
I figured out where i went wrong, turns out I’m an idiot.

I very likely forgot that downloading via mega to the phones memory for anything 1gb+ is what I needed to do, an was avoiding it like it wasn’t going to work. Anything under to the SD card was fine.

(T~T) (^•^)