a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Step 3 in the OP (what happened to step 2???)

Replace the qsp that's in the assets/standalone_contents folder with the english one
I seen that but what I am asking for do I need to rename it to something because it says to replace 1 of them but not which one.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
I seen that but what I am asking for do I need to rename it to something because it says to replace 1 of them but not which one.
This post is probably the most useful to explain it:

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
This post is probably the most useful to explain it:
Oh well that did not work, I renamed the file to sob21_eng like is shows then start up the game and its not English but still Russian.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Oh well that did not work, I renamed the file to sob21_eng like is shows then start up the game and its not English but still Russian.
The opening splash screen doesn't get translated. Click the top option for a new game and then click through the next screen which is also still in Russian. Then the rest of the game should be translated. I believe it's machine translated though so it's still somewhat hard to follow sometimes.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
The opening splash screen doesn't get translated. Click the top option for a new game and then click through the next screen which is also still in Russian. Then the rest of the game should be translated. I believe it's machine translated though so it's still somewhat hard to follow sometimes.
I have click on over 10 screens and its still in Russian.

Oh well time to ditch this one and move on, with no clear instruction on how to replace/rename the files for 1st time players game loses a lot of potential supporters.

Bfl32

Jan 3, 2018
Have you started the game? Because first screen (new game, load game...) and second screen (notice by age) don't tranlate.

In first screen pick in first or secon line (i don´t remember which is new game, the other one is load game) and third screen, the game, must be in english.

kekzor

Aug 8, 2017
lolwut, you don't rename the existing file you replace the original Russian .qsp with the sob21 file attached in the first post.

Delete/rename the original qsp, add the translated/modded version. Can only have 1 .qsp in folder.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
lolwut, you don't rename the existing file you replace the original Russian .qsp with the sob21 file attached in the first post.

Delete/rename the original qsp, add the translated/modded version. Can only have 1 .qsp in folder.
I made the folder look exactly as the photo shows and it is still Russian, like I said without clear instruction new 1st time players will walk away from this game and the dev will lose a lot of potential supporters

kekzor

Aug 8, 2017

Oh well time to ditch this one and move on, with no clear instruction on how to replace/rename the files for 1st time players game loses a lot of potential supporters.
I made the folder look exactly as the photo shows and it is still Russian, like I said without clear instruction new 1st time players will walk away from this game and the dev will lose a lot of potential supporters
The instructions are fine. User error.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016

It's your loss mate.

And you haven't renamed it properly. The text all comes from the file that you rename. If you rename it so it isn't a QSP file, then unless you have ANOTHER QSP file in there (which the GIF told you you needed to delete) there would be no text to start the game.

People here are literally force feeding you and you're still not just giving up, but being a bit of a self important dick about it too.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Mate.
  1. Download one of the files (for example: CheatMod_21_Eng_Kin_sknf_Quack_V1.rar) from the OP.
  2. Copy that file into the standalone_contents folder.
  3. Delete/Rename the original .qsp file in there.
  4. Double click the executable file in the game's root directory to play.
It's not hard to understand. The main menu usually does not translate. 1st option is 'New Game', 2nd is 'Load Game'.

EDIT: A screenshot has been added to show what my 'standalone_content' folder looks like.
SomeHelpPerhaps..PNG

Reactions: hello.jpg

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
The instructions are fine. User error.
No the instruction are not clear and it said to rename it to look like it says sob21_eng but this is false and it must stay sob21_en
Now also the instructions on the first page did not say to also download the mod file to make it all work.
I thought it was just showing how to also install the cheat mod and I do not cheat in games I play.

So.

1. Download both sob_21_en.zip and sob21_en_mod_sk_v1.zip and unpack them into the asset folder and delete the start.qsp file.
2. Now rename the sob_21_en.qsp to sob21_en and start up the game and go through the first 2 screens and now you are in the English version.

So as you can see the instructions are not worth shit for 1st time players of a qsp type game.
Instructions:
1- Extract to desired location.
3- Replace the qsp that's in the assets/standalone_contents folder with one of the files that are in the post if your are wanting to play in english
4- Run "Son of Bitch.exe" to play game
As you can see it says just 1 file "with one of the files"

Reactions: olli

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
No the instruction are not clear and it said to rename it to look like it says sob21_eng but this is false and it must stay sob21_en
Now also the instructions on the first page did not say to also download the mod file to make it all work.
I thought it was just showing how to also install the cheat mod and I do not cheat in games I play.

So.

1. Download both sob_21_en.zip and sob21_en_mod_sk_v1.zip and unpack them into the asset folder and delete the start.qsp file.
2. Now rename the sob_21_en.qsp to sob21_en and start up the game and go through the first 2 screens and now you are in the English version.

So as you can see the instructions are not worth shit for 1st time players of a qsp type game.

As you can see it says just 1 file "with one of the files"
Literally thousands of people had no problem at all following them. User error is the problem.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Literally thousands of people had no problem at all following them. User error is the problem.
I didn't see any mention in the instructions of the fact that the first 2 screens remain in Russian when you install one of the translation QSP files. I certainly thought I had installed it wrong until I dug through enough messages to find out I had to just click through the first couple of screens. I would agree with a1fox3 that a lot of people would get to that stage and just move on. I almost did.

hello.jpg

Nov 7, 2017
I don't remember having an issue, but also quit twice at the starting menu before finally bothering to give it a go on the third time around

We also have a translation of the menu screen, now, which could easily be incorporated into the OP

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
I have played this so many times in the past and still playing it now, perhaps the instructions are not crystal clear for some people so I will help as much as I can.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Untitled 5.png

Reactions: hello.jpg

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I have played this so many times in the past and still playing it now, perhaps the instructions are not crystal clear for some people so I will help as much as I can.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is 2 files that must be added and 1 file that needs to be deleted. (That is what I had to do to get it to work.)

This file also has to be downloaded and rename to work. sob_21_en.qsp renamed to sob21_en then delete the start.qsp file.

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
There is 2 files that must be added and 1 file that needs to be deleted. (That is what I had to do to get it to work.)

This file also has to be downloaded and rename to work. sob_21_en.qsp renamed to sob21_en then delete the start.qsp file.
No I only removed the 1 qsp file in there and replaced it with the one I have now not touched any other file or named them.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
This thread is nearly 300 pages, and the clear instructions for how to replace the QSP for English text is probably on at least 100 of them.

Reactions: mineiros123

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
There is not 2 files that need to be added. There is 1 file that needs to be added and 1 file that needs to be deleted or renamed.

I know this as I have done this about 700 million times and understand what is going on with these file replacements. In fact if you add 2 QSP files it will not start the game at all.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes