Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Every time I try to download it, it throws it into a compressed folder that I cannot unzip.
try this ive downloaded the file myself. an ziped. it also your pc shouldnt be auto compressing stuff... since the extension of these files is .qsp...(Quest Soft Player)

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
From his blog:
Warning :)
Obnova tomorrow night. It is only the Russian version, the English version will be released a few days later, there's a lot of crap with her.
Together with SOBom will be sending and BC.
Looks like 0.19 (Russian) will be released tomorrow, Sunday.

Reactions: Storm4n

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
From his blog:

Looks like 0.19 (Russian) will be released tomorrow, Sunday.
Is the machine translation something that the modding team can do in minutes? days? weeks? no idea how it's implemented or how long will it take to see my favourite translations during sex scenes... "fuck cancer" "to bend cancer" lolol

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
I think the translation itself takes a couple of hours to a day or two of processing, depending on the number of lines to be translated.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Is the machine translation something that the modding team can do in minutes? days? weeks? no idea how it's implemented or how long will it take to see my favourite translations during sex scenes... "fuck cancer" "to bend cancer" lolol
In short, it takes fucking forever to do when you got other stuff to do but in actuality, if you have a dictionary already it takes a few hours. If you're starting from scratch it may take you a day

Reactions: Aeriys

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I thought the updates after 18 was supposed to be non machine English though. At least the club/patreon release.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
In short, it takes fucking forever to do when you got other stuff to do but in actuality, if you have a dictionary already it takes a few hours. If you're starting from scratch it may take you a day
To add to this, especially for SoB it's not the translation itself that takes time -although yes, it does take 2+ hours depending on the amount of text- but also the debugging process since lots of variables get garbled in the process (one of the reasons I tend to keep the russian variable names).

Reactions: mineiros123

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
Do you guys use ttant's tool? If so, how much trouble is it to share? I would love to help translate, but have drug my feet in offering for a year. I know nothing of Russian, but I have translated a good bit of Russian for games from a couple of old "Rendezvous with a Stranger's" to many of these QSP titles. I maintained a library for texnoprom's "Schoolgirl Brother" that "my" translations held through a dozen updates.

I don't know if ttant's tool still works the same (haven't used since "QspTools_0.0.8beta7"), but if I can help, I'm willing to try. My (1st?) goal would be to search ALL pronouns and, if contextually possible, fix it so that a girl doesn't have to "take HER cock in HIS ass!:)

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Do you guys use ttant's tool? If so, how much trouble is it to share? I would love to help translate, but have drug my feet in offering for a year. I know nothing of Russian, but I have translated a good bit of Russian for games from a couple of old "Rendezvous with a Stranger's" to many of these QSP titles. I maintained a library for texnoprom's "Schoolgirl Brother" that "my" translations held through a dozen updates.

I don't know if ttant's tool still works the same (haven't used since "QspTools_0.0.8beta7"), but if I can help, I'm willing to try. My (1st?) goal would be to search ALL pronouns and, if contextually possible, fix it so that a girl doesn't have to "take HER cock in HIS ass!:)
Yeah, ttant's tool it is, and works the same (although an updated version). It should be available on his blog, though I don't have the link handy atm.

As for fixing text, your best bet would be fixing the dictionary itself. Maybe ace has one available (I used to maintain a git repo with all the game dicts but it hasn't really been updated recently, though it's still there).

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

The latest one I have is 0.16. I can create one with 0.18 text but it'll take a few hours and I can give that to you to correct if you want

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes