*SOLVED* Unable to "unren" an archive.rpa

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
I´m in need of help, hint or advice ... It´s about "unren.bat" and trying to unpack an archive.rpa.

At first I downloaded the compressed game version (https://f95zone.to/threads/3001-a-milf-odyssey-v0-8-5-xcentric-labs.67553/) -> "unren-ed" the game and checked the files for missed scenes. Everything was going smooth. But the quality of the compressed versions images was not satisfactory.

So I downloaded the uncompressed "original" game and I tried to unpack this version the same way I unpacked the compressed version. Without success. I tried other versions of unren.bat - older ones and up to the newest (from 0.7 to 1.0.8) -> without success.
(error about "ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5" - (I´m using a windows 10 powered machine))

Sooo, my questions now are:
1. which unren version can unpack this rpa file?
2. how could the compressor hero unpack the rpa files himself and repack it after compressing without running into the same problems than me?
3. where can I find a solution?

Thanks in advance for every hint, advice or help to unpack this archive.rpa.

(p.s. happened not the first time that I was not able to unpack archive.rpa´s - this is just the actual example)

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
1: Try ultrahack or powershellhack from this thread. Both work.
2: See 1. :)
3: See 1. :)
Yeah, I saw this post during my search for a solution and downloaded all 4 options - but there was no "Windows" usable files (like *.exe, *.com or *.bat) in those 2 you mentioned ... so I assume those two programs are for Linux or MacOS or something I do not have on my machine (Renpy Developer Kit - or how ever it´s called ^^).
anyhow thanks for hint/advice :)

I used 1.08 on the same game with no issue.
Wait ... what?! .... This cant be .... wait a second .... :unsure:
arghh ... You are right!
And I found out where I screwed up - my first unpack attempt was with unren 0.91 and this was not working - (now my screw-up ->) then I moved the archive.rpa into a game folder of an "known working to unren" renpy game ... got an error in there too ... All following tries to get it working with different unren.bat versions happened in the "new" games game folder ... ha - how stupid of me. :oops::rolleyes:

*Fresh unzipped game and using the 1.0.8 -> success*

now I feel stupid for missing this simple and obvious solution. How could I forgot the file transfer?

Huge thanks ZTex - you saved me (y):cool:

*SOLVED*

Reactions: Pamphlet

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
UnRen-ultrahackv9.zip has a .bat you can double click. UnRen-Powershellhackv4.zip has a .ps1 and you run it by selecting, right clicking, and hitting "Run with PowerShell" in the menu.

No snark intended, just awkwardly trying to be useful. :)
hehe ... non taken ... & thanks :)
ultrahack indeed is a *.bat and now I´m sure I used it too ... (without success - I just mixed it up with the windowed version + the *.ps1 one^^) ... I guess ultrahack had worked fine if I had not screwed up, hehe

Thanks because I did not know this part about the *.ps1 file type (did not even know that power shell is a Windows thing) ... I try to remember this right click "run with power shell" option for the next time I encounter an unpack resistant rpa ;)

Reactions: Pamphlet