Daz [Solved] Semi transparent skin problem with CAMILLA FOR GENESIS 8 FEMALE

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Hello folks.

I'm using this asset in Daz: and it looks like its skin is semi-transparent.

Daz version:
1709653880870.png

I checked the properties and could not find anything wrong. Has anyone faced this in the past - or with this same asset? If so, how you solved it?

As you can see in the sample below, after rendering the scene, I've opened it in an image editor, added a layer in the back and added some shapes in the back layer, and we can see them in the above image.
1709653118196.png

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
I've compared the Surfaces of a "good" asset against this one and, by changing some of the Volume properties, the problem was fixed:

Problem (original values from the asset):
1709678501647.png

Fix:
1709678550268.png

Cheers!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Are you saying that the daz render output image was partially transparent? I don't see how that has anything to do with the model skin specifically - surely all the pixels in the image would be transparent in that case (like the wall behind her?)

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Are you saying that the daz render output image was partially transparent? I don't see how that has anything to do with the model skin specifically - surely all the pixels in the image would be transparent in that case (like the wall behind her?)
What you said makes sense, however it happend the way I described. Even though we cannot see the objects behind the asset in the scene, when the render is done, the skin is rendered semi-transparent (you can try it yourself if you don't believe me).
With the adjustments I shared above, the problem is not happening anymore. However, the skin renders a little different from before...

Cheers!