[Solved] Forum Time

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Hey, a quick question about the forum's time. This has been on my mind for quite a while and I tried to find the answer on my own, but came up empty.

Question: Is there a way to adjust the forum's time to a different time zone? Is there a setting that I'm simply overlooking?
(And if not, then what is the time zone used officially for the forum?)

It would be helpful since I'm not entirely sure what the forum's native time is in the first place; though, I do have a strong suspicion of what it could be. Honestly though, I haven't done too much digging about it and have mostly ignored it over the years, but sometimes it's just helpful to know when something gets posted in relation one's local time. Even knowing the forum's time zone would be useful, but it's hard to zero in on it from viewing recent posts as they won't display what the time was but rather how recently those were posted (and I haven't bothered to note the time of any posts I made to compare it in the past, lol).

This one should be easy to answer; thus, thanks in advance to whomever can provide the answers to the questions above. Stay safe out there!

Edit: Solved and reported to a mod to move the thread to the appropriate section. :]

Addendum: Just wanted say, I don't know why I created this thread and asked those questions. It's a little embarrassing especially since I knew the answers before (regarding the forum's time and about the account options) despite what I said above about noodling over it for years. I'm sure I thought I was being truthful and honest while I was typing up that post at that time; nevertheless, I also I must have been definitely out of it and was under a mind fog when I first created it. Had I just stopped and thought about it at the time, or even came back the next day, I would have realized that, of course, I knew the answers to my own questions and would have been aware that I had already made the time adjustment in my account settings as one of the first things I did. (Yay! Go me!) Outside of misspellings and such, I always note changes to the body of a post whenever I make edits. For instance, to keep accountability in discussion chains. As such, I'm leaving the above unchanged for prosperity to serve as a reminder that I should take a moment to think if a new thread seems necessary if I ever decide to make one in the future around here. And honestly? It's good advice for anyone perusing the forums. :] Perhaps, and hopefully, the questions posed in the thread and the answers to them did ultimately help other fellow Zoners out there. Welp, y'all be safe and take care of one another! Cheers!

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Lol, apparently I had long adjusted the time using that option. I feel like that isn't accurate at all, however. Thanks though. Cheers!

I probably just had another brainfart. Anyhow, I'll go ahead and report the thread to a mod to move it to the Solved section. ^^'

Last edited: