SoB Chinese mods

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
You also mention that the author has a Patreon. By author you mean the author of SoA? If so, can you post a link to it? Might the author be willing to do an 'official' (machine) translation, maybe by adding a tier on Patreon?
His Patreon is at

And Nevermore_1131 wrote a message on my profile page a little while back saying he was the developer of SOA. Their current idea is to wait until the end of development and then make an English translation but as someone who has done a lot of MTLs in QSP, this one is significantly more challenging and time consuming than others.

What we REALLY need is for somebody to make a Moustache setup for the DeepL API that is built around the structure of QSP, which would make translating very easy. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do it because there's very little in QSP that is concrete outside of reserved words.

My machine translation is about 25% done and that's taken almost a week of work, 10 hours a day. Presuming I don't lose motivation to do this, I'll have something on the forum by next week or so. But it will be broken and the translation will be poor. Oh my God it will be so broken, but it will be a proof of concept if nothing else.

And I worked the park2/hospital2 problem. This started as a mod to Tower and because of that, some of the locations used in Tower were still in the file. I've managed to go through and delete the unused locations which reduced the QSP size by a nice amount.

Last edited:

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Ok so this is a preview version of the first English translation for Son of Asia. It's not complete, about 50% of the game is broken/will throw errors and large parts show no videos.

However, I'm at the point now where I feel I've done enough that people can have a click around, see some content and start to understand the story. Please don't complain that the translation is garbled, I know. Please don't complain that you have ran into an unknown location/error, I know (although pasting the message on here or giving me a location/line number would help). Please don't complain that sometimes no video plays, I know.

It's a proof of concept but there's a decent amount of content in there. If you've got any gameplay related questions then there's a good chance I can answer them.

The QSP goes in SOA\assets\standalone_content\ to replace toweereng.qsp as you'd expect.

The zip file contains the SOA.exe executable for your convenience that you can put in the \SOA\ folder. The game's executable is hidden behind some odd VBS script that doesn't work (but also does nothing harmful). This is just the file that refers to, renamed. You can double click to start. The virus warning on here is a false positive and all awesiunium engine games get flagged by VirusTotal.

You can see the flagging here:

If this makes you uncomfortable, it is just a renamed file that is already in the SOA folder but is hidden and confusingly called uninstall(Chinese characters).exe. It's the same file.

The full Son of Asia 42.2 download (15.4GB) can be found here:

password: SOASOA

In terms of tags and themes, this has basically all the same things as Son of a Bitch though it's a bit less grindy for content. There's some rape, incest, small bits of NTR but they seem always tagged and optionally skippable, mind control, drugging, corruption, male protag, stripping, blackmail, some light gay content (not for the character unless you choose a specific route that I've not managed to find the option to unlock yet), kidnapping, sleep sex, and a bunch of other stuff. There's a lot of content, I'm not sure I could cover it all.

Oh and ignore the airport and the Artificial Insemination Room as neither are complete yet or have uses that are not relevant to the translation.

Last edited:

Solair

Mar 10, 2018
His Patreon is at

And Nevermore_1131 wrote a message on my profile page a little while back saying he was the developer of SOA. Their current idea is to wait until the end of development and then make an English translation but as someone who has done a lot of MTLs in QSP, this one is significantly more challenging and time consuming than others.
Thanks. If true that sounds fantastic. Didn't expect the devs to consider an English translation already, even if it's only for the finished game. Question is when will the development be finished? If we take Avenger's games for example, there will never be an end (and slower releases for each version). Also, if they wait for it to be finished, monetary support from English speaking users will be a one time thing (for the finished game). Would gladly support the dev on Patreon if they released a translated version regularly or even for every second or third update (though not at the price it has right now, 15 bucks minimum is a bit steep for me).

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
anyone know the DLC password for succubus content?
It's 9t4515043u266915b

I wouldn't usually give this out as the developer specifically requested not to within the code. However, I believe that because this isn't even a real game thread and because it might create some interest in his Patreon from the English speaking community that will lead to more revenue, then it can help more than hurt. The DLC password is available for free to people who download/play another game of his but as that's not translated then it seems unfair. Also, I could do with the help for people exploring all the code paths for errors as the surface area here is quite large. That 15GB download is not a few massive videos, it's proper content that's compressed. There's 13,000 files consisting of mainly videos in this build, give or take a few.

It's worth noting that there's just a crazy amount of content in this game that is "hidden" at the start and requires mad stuff like changing your system clock (I think ... I've not implemented it yet so may have misunderstood it) and other stuff. This game is like a game written on top of a game that is written on top of another game. It's hard to explain. The effort put into this game from the dev is really impressive and I hope if we can get a rough translation done then it will increase his audience and support.

Last edited:

huehuee1

Nov 21, 2018
It's 9t4515043u266915b

I wouldn't usually give this out as the developer specifically requested not to within the code. However, I believe that because this isn't even a real game thread and because it might create some interest in his Patreon from the English speaking community that will lead to more revenue, then it can help more than hurt. The DLC password is available for free to people who download/play another game of his but as that's not translated then it seems unfair. Also, I could do with the help for people exploring all the code paths for errors as the surface area here is quite large. That 15GB download is not a few massive videos, it's proper content that's compressed. There's 13,000 files consisting of mainly videos in this build, give or take a few.

It's worth noting that there's just a crazy amount of content in this game that is "hidden" at the start and requires mad stuff like changing your system clock (I think ... I've not implemented it yet so may have misunderstood it) and other stuff. This game is like a game written on top of a game that is written on top of another game. It's hard to explain. The effort put into this game from the dev is really impressive and I hope if we can get a rough translation done then it will increase his audience and support.
Thanks

example890

Jun 30, 2017
I don’t know if there are any western replacement mods available here.

Torrent

After all, this game has become active again