• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

So, apparently, Steam Boat Willie and Winnie The Pooh are on public domain now...

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Don't expect too much. Winnie the Pooh is forbidden in China and probably hated by Chinese gamers.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Don't expect too much. Winnie the Pooh is forbidden in China and probably hated by Chinese gamers.
Why would that affect the creation of H-Games? Most seem to originate from Japan, Russia or the generic all encompassing 'The West'. I've not encountered many Chinese created games.

And it's only forbidden because of the cultural idea of personal honour and saving 'face'. When people started calling Xi Jinping Winnie the Pooh that's when they forbade it.

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Why would that affect the creation of H-Games? Most seem to originate from Japan, Russia or the generic all encompassing 'The West'. I've not encountered many Chinese created games.
I don't know about the Patreon H-games market, but on Steam Chinese gamers are very active. The moderation team is banning anti-Chinese games because of them and the questionable status of Steam as a game marketplace in China (Valve does not want to lose those players). The most popular language on Steam is Chinese, by the way. As for me, not less than 40% of people buying my games are from China.
So, I don't think it is possible to pass moderation with a Winnie the Pooh adult game.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I don't know why anyone would want to make a game out of those. it's like saying "why isn't anyone making games about madeleine albright being fucked?"

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I don't know about the Patreon H-games market, but on Steam Chinese gamers are very active. The moderation team is banning anti-Chinese games because of them and the questionable status of Steam as a game marketplace in China (Valve does not want to lose those players).
That may be true and I'm not familiar with Steam statistics in terms of what % is the Chinese market. That said when we consider the market overall we also have part of the market owned by Itch.io, Dlsite, Patreon, Subscribestar, Boosty etc, so perhaps we should keep the bigger picture in mind.

The most popular language on Steam is Chinese, by the way.
Which one?

So, I don't think it is possible to pass moderation with a Winnie the Pooh adult game.
Would that not depend on if you are marketing to a Chinese audience AND if the intention was deliberate insult to Xi Jinping?

'Despite the censorship, there is no general ban on books and toys of the Winnie the Pooh character in the country. Two Pooh-themed rides still operate in Shanghai Disneyland' -

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone would want to make a game out of those. it's like saying "why isn't anyone making games about madeleine albright being fucked?"
You're underestimating how degenerate people can be if you don't think some sick fuck wouldn't make an NTR Steamboat Willie game were Pete fucks Minnie.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
You're underestimating how degenerate people can be if you don't think some sick fuck wouldn't make an NTR Steamboat Willie game were Pete fucks Minnie.
woulda, coulda, shoulda. I don't see any interest for it anywhere.

...unless of course if that was the actual point of OP, that he was asking someone to make it for him?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
And like it's well known that adult game creators are really careful when it come to IP, they all patiently waited for the characters to fall in public domain before using them in a game.

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Which one?
The Simplified, 32%. For some reason, Traditional is relatively unpopular, with less than 2%:

Would that not depend on if you are marketing to a Chinese audience AND if the intention was deliberate insult to Xi Jinping?
I doubt it. Steam moderation nowadays is very tough. For them, it is easier to ban the game to avoid possible scandal.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
The Simplified, 32%. For some reason, Traditional is relatively unpopular, with less than 2%:
Fyi Simplified and Traditional are writing systems, what I meant was just curiosity, whether you meant Mandarin, Cantonese, Fuzhounese, Shanghainese etc etc. I know about 66% of Chinese people speak Mandarin, although the majority of those are concentrated on the mainland and don't leave in great numbers, at least in comparison to their Cantonese peers who after the diaspora are the most encountered outside of the mainland.

Just wondering which one was the most active on the steam forums.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020

'Despite the censorship, there is no general ban on books and toys of the Winnie the Pooh character in the country. Two Pooh-themed rides still operate in Shanghai Disneyland' -
:unsure:

From that link:
On March 21, 2023, movie distributor VII Pillars Entertainment announced on Facebook that , originally scheduled to be released on March 23, would be cancelled for release in the Hong Kong and Macau regions. This move is suspected to be influenced by the amendment of Hong Kong's film censorship regulations in 2021, which prohibits the public screening of movies that are deemed "potentially harmful to national security". However, VII Pillars Entertainment did not provide any explanation for the decision.
From
Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey is a 2023 British produced, directed, written, and edited by . It serves as a horror reimagining to and 's books and stars Craig David Dowsett as , and Chris Cordell as , with Amber Doig-Thorne, Nikolai Leon, Maria Taylor, Natasha Rose Mills, and Danielle Ronald in supporting roles. It follows Pooh and Piglet, who have become feral and bloodthirsty murderers, as they terrorise a group of young university women and when he returns to the five years later after leaving for college.
:unsure:

If I was Jinping, I'd be offended by that too. :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Icarus Media

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
Interesting theory. Artemissu how does this make you feel?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cursed asf... Slightly regretful for making this thread now... But hey, i should've expected this when i made it, so i'm just reaping what i've sowed here :ROFLMAO:

...unless of course if that was the actual point of OP, that he was asking someone to make it for him?
You probably didn't notice the [/s] at the bottom of my post lol.

I may enjoy some furry from time to time, but i do have my limits. That said however... The Steamboat Willie pic someone up above posted is kinda... hot?! If someone made a game like that but aged the characters up, well... :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games