VN Unity Abandoned Slutholm [Ch. 2] [Slutholm]

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Too many 0.1 games, getting a bit annoyed to be fair.
Not because new games are released but because most have a short lifespan, a scam or have no content.
Especially the latter, and to be blunt, if I decided to make a game, and release a 0.1, I'd make sure there would be enough content to enjoy yourself a while, not a 5 minute demo.
But that's the market sadly. The reason there are so many 0.1 games is because the adult game/hentai game market is flush with individuals and small groups that rely on crowdfunding as the primary source of income. That's not what it was intended for crowdfunding like early access was designed originally to get that little extra oomph to get over the financial hurdle. Honestly speaking from day 1 it's a bad sign when you sign up for a game where the individual or team uses crowdfunding to source all their income from it means that they are either too lazy or simply incapable of finding solid investment money to fund their product and so they're using you as their chief investors... Any time you have a product no one wants to invest in it's a shaky situation.

Now combine this with crowdfunding sites and systems that provide no investor protection, has no mechanics in place to force people to keep up with their projects, and offers no transparency for the individual funders... And you have a industry set to fail, maximum power. What this industry needs is a large organization or a very well off individual who can innovate and modernize it but honestly I don't see that happening soon your best bet would be Nutaku at this point and I don't think they give a shit and the shake and bake rise and fall of Kimochi has delivered a very surreal message to people looking for change.

That's the other problem. There is no common market for this industry. The mainstream game industry has Steam and it's competitors but the adult game industry has nothing... There's nowhere for communities to come together and mingle except on one off sites like this one. That's very bad for the legitimacy and future of any industry. There needs to be a large scale market so companies have a place to hawk their wares and for people like us to shop. And Steam wants very little or nothing to do with anything Adult it's bad for their business or so they seem to think there most recent policies and actions scream that clearly.

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
But that's the market sadly. The reason there are so many 0.1 games is because the adult game/hentai game market is flush with individuals and small groups that rely on crowdfunding as the primary source of income. That's not what it was intended for crowdfunding like early access was designed originally to get that little extra oomph to get over the financial hurdle. Honestly speaking from day 1 it's a bad sign when you sign up for a game where the individual or team uses crowdfunding to source all their income from it means that they are either too lazy or simply incapable of finding solid investment money to fund their product and so they're using you as their chief investors... Any time you have a product no one wants to invest in it's a shaky situation.

Now combine this with crowdfunding sites and systems that provide no investor protection, has no mechanics in place to force people to keep up with their projects, and offers no transparency for the individual funders... And you have a industry set to fail, maximum power. What this industry needs is a large organization or a very well off individual who can innovate and modernize it but honestly I don't see that happening soon your best bet would be Nutaku at this point and I don't think they give a shit and the shake and bake rise and fall of Kimochi has delivered a very surreal message to people looking for change.

That's the other problem. There is no common market for this industry. The mainstream game industry has Steam and it's competitors but the adult game industry has nothing... There's nowhere for communities to come together and mingle except on one off sites like this one. That's very bad for the legitimacy and future of any industry. There needs to be a large scale market so companies have a place to hawk their wares and for people like us to shop. And Steam wants very little or nothing to do with anything Adult it's bad for their business or so they seem to think there most recent policies and actions scream that clearly.
The biggest problem is Patreon, I often seen developers making a game and suddenly quit, yet the people who donated, do not cancel it at all, so they keep getting the income without doing something.
And many more are trying to get money this way, hence why I quit the whole donating. Seeing more and more 0.1 games with 5 minute content and long wait times for updates while often asking alot of moeny (which people pay which is absurd) is just stupid.

Besharia

May 6, 2018
The biggest problem is Patreon, I often seen developers making a game and suddenly quit, yet the people who donated, do not cancel it at all, so they keep getting the income without doing something.
And many more are trying to get money this way, hence why I quit the whole donating. Seeing more and more 0.1 games with 5 minute content and long wait times for updates while often asking alot of moeny (which people pay which is absurd) is just stupid.
Yeah I unsubbed from a few because of that.

Reactions: Booki

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
Some people just love easy money some are just greedy as well. Hard to find those you can trust. It's like in marketing the ones who are reliable will be there to do there jobs the one's that don't care will just lie to you. So is this game one of the good one's are bad.

5(0r5h3r2

Mar 16, 2018
View attachment 123118
Overview:
Slutholm is a dating sim/visual novel game in development. You come back to your native town after long absence to investigate and check rumors you heard about strange things happening there. And - you are adult already. The town is full of women - servants at your family mansion, locals of all kinds, even monster girls...​

Updated: 29/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: Slutholm - |
Censorship: None
Version: Chapter 2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
- - - -

u got my attention

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I can see some devs burning their selves out, delays happen because of this. ofcourse they still have personal lives to worry about aswell. Not all are honest about why delays are happening and some take the cowardly way out and just go m.i.a and leave their patreons paying for nothing.
I think alot of these games get abandoned early because it didn't get the traction that they wanted...expecting fast and easy money and expected too much too fast...you can't release a demo of a game with virtually no content and expect to be making a ton of cash right away. Just my opinion though:eek:penedeyewink:

But back onto the topic of the game........I really like the art and I hope this game continues:heartcoveredeyes::eazyHype:

Reactions: lTTMl

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
This new update makes me think twice before playing this game any further :disappointed: it almost made me sick .

Reactions: Escape

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Someone that isn't the MC had sex ... in a game set in a town called Slutholm ... drama from oversensitive types incoming.
Reminds me of the types that scream NTR when female characters have any sort of contact with any other male that isn't the MC.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
People are that retarded? Seriously?
I was browsing games and came across one called Dreaming of Dana. One of the women is married but they are into the swinging thing so she fucks the MC. I browsed the forums and a couple of people were crying about NTR when that married woman also had sex with her husband.

I wish I was joking.

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
People are that retarded? Seriously?
NTR is the most misused tag in this site along with graphic violence. I can give many examples of the majority user vote just all of a sudden deciding something is NTR because of the existence of another male character. It's like 50/50 going into a game tagged as NTR/GV and seeing if it actually has that sort of content which really sucks for the fans of those tags.