3D-Blender Slowly learning blender [Feedback]

rainbowpunfz

Dec 4, 2017
I put clothes on the back burner and instead have been dicking around with penile rigs. Turns out that rigging stuff such that animating any kind of penetration isn't tedious gets kinda technical pretty quickly. If you're interested in the result you can find it on .

Armed with this new rig I set about getting some more animation practice, Its still rendering but here's a low framerate preview, Look ma no keyframes! lol

View attachment 0001-0299.webm

Reactions: Deeze

kittehbit

Jun 13, 2020
Wow, you progress is amazing! :)
I started learning blender (again) for lewd purposes around half a year ago. Currently learning the "anime" style modeling (mostly faces) and npr shading, as well as some rigging (dikko tutorials and some "rigify everything" stuff).

I am really blown away by your vjayjay rig and your boob physics.
I thought about doing some cloth sim for boobs, but your rigid body stuff looks great!!

As a noob I dont quite understand how the ridig body stuff and bones are set up.
Is there a rigid body sim running, that then controls/restrains the bones?
Do you have some tutorial or any other relevant leaning ressource that you can point my curious ass towards? ^^

Also, what black magic do you use to make the folds and the individual "parts/bits" slide out/by each other.
Is this all with bone constraints? I cant even imagine how its done. :O

Bonus question: So far I have dome fome FK and IK stuff and some constraints. Why do some of your rigging bones for the vag seem to "dangle" downwards from it. Are those just for control?
(I will probably learn the answer when I get to face rigging tutorials. maybe ^^. But I am curious NOW :D)

rainbowpunfz

Dec 4, 2017
I started learning blender (again) for lewd purposes around half a year ago. Currently learning the "anime" style modeling (mostly faces) and npr shading, as well as some rigging (dikko tutorials and some "rigify everything" stuff).
I heard the new Line art modifier introduced in 2.93 is showing a lot of promise for NPR outlining and stuff

I am really blown away by your vjayjay rig and your boob physics.
I thought about doing some cloth sim for boobs, but your rigid body stuff looks great!!

As a noob I dont quite understand how the ridig body stuff and bones are set up.
Is there a rigid body sim running, that then controls/restrains the bones?
I've since stepped away from doing physics in rigid body, appending/linking rigid body sims is too much of a pain in the ass. Most stuff i use now are cloth sims (but still bone driven). My explanation of the boob stuff was also a bit chaotic and unorganized, so I don't blame anyone for not entirely following along.

to give a quick rundown of physics driven animations in blender:

There are 3 main ways in blender to deform meshes: bones, mesh deform cages, and surface deform meshes. And there are 2 ways to do physics: rigid body or cloth (not counting fluid stuff, and 9 times out of ten soft body is an inferior version of cloth)

Usually you don't want to have physics running on your main mesh (too costly, hard to combine multiple sims, etc.), but instead use proxy objects. The way the proxy object looks and in what manner that deforms the main mesh depends on the end goal. Some examples would be: cloth sim + 3d deform cage to simulate breasts, cloth sim + 2d surface deform mesh to drive anime like hair, or a set of points and edges + cloth sim to drive bones.

The way the breasts of this character work is in the form of the later, a set of points connected by edges is driven by a cloth sim, and some bones in the armature use that movement (damp track) to then in turn animate the mesh. Basically what a wiggle bone addon would do for you. The upside of this is that you can retain way more artistic control than driving the animation directly via a deform-cage, because you have access to the final deformation step via the bones. The downside is that you don't get collisions. At some point I might look into an hybrid approach to get the best of both world (point collection cloth sim driving bones driving a deform cage, which itself is also driven by a cloth sim, driving the breasts.. probably lost you there)

Do you have some tutorial or any other relevant leaning ressource that you can point my curious ass towards? ^^
Not really no, most of this comes from watching and reading stuff all over the internet and lots of trial and error. the smutbase discord can be somewhat helpful as long as you're willing to do a decent amount of legwork on your own and not ask stupid questions.

Also, what black magic do you use to make the folds and the individual "parts/bits" slide out/by each other.
Is this all with bone constraints? I cant even imagine how its done. :O
All bones, comes down to having the right mesh / weight painting / rig / etc. Do note though that the rig i did for her vagina isn't automated, just a lot of damp track/ stretch to constraints.

Bonus question: So far I have dome fome FK and IK stuff and some constraints. Why do some of your rigging bones for the vag seem to "dangle" downwards from it. Are those just for control?
They are control bones (but at the time, I was too lazy to give them a proper bone shape), the rig is operated by moving those bones. Its basically a whole slew of damp track/stretch to b-bone chains. The way that works is that each deform bone is parented to its control bone and has a damp track and stretch to constraint pointing to the next control bone, this allows you to squash and stretch parts of the mesh at will, really useful for fleshy bits (also used a lot in facial rig stuff: lips brows, eyelids, etc.) They are all pointing in the same direction (which happens to be down) so that the local coordinate space is the same for each control bone, that way you can add copy local position + offset constraint between any of the control bones.