RPGM - Completed - Slave's Sword ~The Free City~ [v1.15] [Poison]

1. 3.00 star(s)

doppio2222

It's definitely a game; let's get into it.
    The Pros:
    - The game itself follows a fairly standard RPGmaker plot; nothing too special but nothing too average, either.
    - The game has voice-acting for Luna. Voice-acting is always a plus.
    - The game isn't too terribly long. You could probably beat it in one sitting if you're good.
    - With that said, the battle system is simple, too, and doesn't try to over-complicate things. It's just your average rpgmaker system.
    - Gallery unlocks after you beat the game.
    - The mini-quests you do to get money aren't dreadfully long and are kept pretty simple. They're nothing too difficult though nothing too easy.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Cons:
    - The upgrade system is... for the most part useless as long as you just remember to buy new stuff whenever you can.
    - Grinding weighs down in more ways than one. You grind for money through the mini-quests, you grind for experience, you grind for a certain material to upgrade a certain object but you genuinely need RNGesus to hold your hand through it because omfg. You don't have to be, like, level 30 to beat the game since I've heard some were level 23 or around that area, but as long as you clear an area on your first go, you basically end up hitting the level cap anyway.
    - The fights are just. fights. It's not like I actively hope for the usual h-game fighting mechanics, but it sort of felt like something was missing. The fights themselves aren't hard either, especially if you get a certain spell, but... they're just kinda there? If a fight is difficult it's because there are multiple enemies you have to deal with at once and the game will randomly screw you over. With that said, I guess I should be relieved there aren't h-mechanics in the fights because it could really make things annoying if you have to fight a bunch of enemies, though it just feels sort of empty.
    - The gacha system is... for the most part useless. There are like 3 cards that are somewhat worth it, but outside of them there aren't really many memorable or useful cards.
    - The skills you unlock on your own are... very few and far between. It feels sort of underwhelming, and sometimes less is more, but I really can't remember using them that much outside of the really broken spell and the spells that attack everything.
    The game is just... a game I guess. Very average; nothing really sticks out too much and it's just your run-of-the-mill fantasy rpgmaker game. I have things to say about the sequel, too, but that'll be in that game's review section.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Mike17723

You can stealth the entire game without getting raped, the story is great, a revenge story against evil enslavers, the music is great, the art is great, There's cloth tearing mechanics which leave you vulnerable to H-scenes, all of this is enough for me to put a 5/5 rating.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Sitris

Slave's Sword probably will become a trilogy where's the first 2 games are about Luna, the main protagonist who, for a series of unlucky events during a mission, she become a slave. She need to escape, defeat her enemy and save the world step by step.

Slave's Sword 1 begins similarly to other JRPGs. You are in control of Luna, her two buddies, and their recent completion of an orc-killing mission. Like i said this mission will turn very bad for our heroine. After be enslaved, luna have to escape: it will not only be quite challenging, but it also involves stealth sections. Losing is also an option if you don't mind the inevitable rape scene afterwards. Since there is a second game to explain the rest of the story, there is no rush in this game, which results in a more immersive experience than in most other hentai games.

The game is not only focus on stealth, there is a lot of action and battles that could make our protagonist stronger or... just another fallen heroine. Choosing the right difficulty of the game surely be wise if you want a simple and relaxing experience.

About the hentai section the quality of the art and the dub (voice of luna) are really nice and excellent. Luna will speak in Japanese (like most of the games here) but the subare well done and make you understand what is happening.

rate : 4/5
  4. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Note: My steam-review copy paste. A.k.a not reformatted for f95z

Reviewing info: How I rate/review and other info is HERE[desozone.wordpress.com] . W.I.P This sentence will not be included if review format is finalized and blog updated.
    Review layout: STEAM
    Review type: Game
    Review format: Lewds
    Adult patch requirement:
    ✅ Yes
    () No
    Comments:
    The usual kagurapatch
    Translation:
    () Incoherently broken MTL/translation. Wait for better translation.
    () Bad MTL/translation, but playable
    () Polished enough MTL/translation
    ✅ Proper translation with minor issues
    () Great translation / native
    1-H Playability:
    () No time for „fun“
    ()Lewd moments too short / irrelevant for „fun“
    () Gameplay & “fun” ratio leans on gameplay too much
    ✅ Balanced gameplay and „fun“
    () Mouse only experience
    Degeneracy:
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Gallery Room
    ✅ Lewd statistics
    ✅ Lewd sfx / voices (+voice acted FMC)
    ✅ Some solid kinks & scenes
    ✅ FMC pretty good looking & fair enough voice acted
    ✅ Pleasant CG art
    ❌ Not too much CG variation
    ❌ Considering how much of gameplay there was it feels that there weren't enough scenes
    ❌ No corruption curve. Mentality changed suddenly once shame stat is low enough
    ❌ Longer gamer over scenes can't be skipped if seen once
    Comments:
    As far as degeneracy goes. It did have some pretty neat kinks. Although as this is loss focused game as per usual, then expect lot of forced genre. Whilst 2nd part being semi-forced prostitution pretty much. Most of those scenes were good enough, but nothing too special.

Lower of shame stat enough and you get the usual sex hating girl becoming sex crazed girl. But even that isn't done well... instead of any sort of corruption course, the personality gets just suddenly changed once stat is low enough... Plus all scenes do not link anyhow her previous sex situations.

Anyhow.. girl is cute, CGi is pleasant, scenes are hot enough, but other than that it feels very bare bones... as far as hentai games go this is pretty weak.

Gameplay:
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Gear upgrading
    ✅ Simple auto combat for quick fights
    ✅ Can escape easily fights if don't want to waste time on them.
    ✅ Some "sneaky" areas can be made easier..
    ❌ Can be grindy if want easier boss fights
    ❌ Gacha system - dumbest mechanic to have.... just why. You spend tons of gold to get RNG cards of minor/niche buffs.
    ❌Some fights are in succession without in-between saves. (last fight was the most annoying one...)
    Comments:
    Difficulty & Grind:
    It's as challenging you want it to be. If you rush main story and don't kill too many mobs on the way, you will be underleveled and make fights difficult for yourself. So it's very typical.. do some grinding for easy fights, or have hard fights while being underleveled.

There were some more minor issues I can't remember... but once again. As far as H-RPG maker games go this is weak on gameplay side as well. Fodder content & grind.
    Game length & replay value:
    ()Very Short 1-3hr
    ✅ Short 3-10hr
    () The Median 10-30hr
    () Long 30+ hr
    () Very Long 100+ hr
    =//=
    () Was pain to finish once / dropped
    ✅ One run fun
    () Few runs to see all routes / options
    () High replay value
    ()Story & Characters & Development:
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Plot is good enough for some context and progression
    ✅ FMC is cute
    ❌ No character development...
    ❌ Aside FMC, rest of characters are pretty bleh
    Visual & Audio:
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ FMC has solid enough voice acting
    ❔ Everything else is pretty much RPGmaker stock stuff.
    Comments:
    Performance & Required Hardware:
    ✅ Stick a cable in your potato
    () Low spec / average normal PC
    () Have gamer PC to an extent
    () High-end build
    () NASA PC. likely utter garbage optimization or truly cutting edge high end
    Extra comments:
    Not sure why I finished this.... hope direct sequel is better. But do I recommend this? No, there are much better hentai games to go around and without hentai this game would be even duller....
    Total score: 5/10
    Game status:
    ✅ Finished
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Alfofer

Slave's Sword
    I'll give a pretty positive review, because in my opinion a game of this genre needn't to be either too complicated nor too simple. Slave's Sword provides exactly this.

- Story: It's a very straight forward story, pretty easy to follow and it doesn't involve sex too much. If you want to be a naughty girl, you can do it no prob, there are many ways to do it, but the only time during the story where Luna will be forced to do anything sexual is at the start of the game. Keep in mind this is the first part of the series so it's bound to continue in the next installement.
    - Gameplay: It has a good battle system, the card system is a gatcha game in itself. Equipping cards can give you stat boosts or new skills. It has a common leveling up system, easy peasy crafting and upgrading systems. Again, for this kind of game, it's perfect.
    - Map: it's small, easy to walk around. you'll hardly ever lose your way since many parts can't be accessed without having an active quest in that zone.
    - Quests: only 4 repetable (with different difficulty) quests. You can accept these to gain money and upgrade your gear.
    - Prostitution: At night you can sell your body for money. Questing will award you more...but it can't be done with one hand...*wink wink* Pro tip: to clean your body you can either sleep 'till next morning, talk to the noble woman at the inn (higher floor, the one naked in the bathroom) or talk to the maid in the resistance HQ (last bedroom on the right).
    - Art: I quite like this kind of art, it's very clean and on top of that the protagonist, aside from being really cute, isn't some sort of cow-like being with enormous brests. And that's a huge PLUS. A pity she's blonde (but that's for my personale preference)!
    - H aspect: as aformentioned, becoming a slut isn't going to change the outcome of the story. The finale remains open since you will continue in the next game. However there are many CGI scenes depending on her shyness stat. Many revolve around being defeated in battle (there's a useful item you can easily craft to accomplish that in the blink of an eye ;) ) but there's also a good amount of H scenes related to consensual prostitution. These can change depending on your "shame stat".

Overall a good experience, I recommend the game to those that want a good amount of H scenes but not a game solely based on it.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

Art: It is great AND uncensored. That alone put it above a lot. It deserves 2 stars for that alone

Story: It's alright. The female lead either sincerely wants to be a whore, is egotistical or lastly she is just retarded cause some of what she does goes well past naive or hopeful. Cause really if your a pretty girl you dont walk into a rapist den alone and this aint mentioning other things.

Gameplay: FUUUUUUCK SO SLOW holy shit it is slow. No exaggeration real talk over about 60-75% of your gameplay time will be god damned walking. Can teleport to exact locations and only to from on a quest. Anywhere everywhere else... slow go back. Just edit your level to be high and walk around the enemies except the ones flagrantly in the way. That is on top of the pseudo stealth bit which would be fine if it was not so, slow....

Worst of the worst of all... the game does the sin, the crime that is not dumb, not stupid but retarded as fuck... lose. Mostly everything is behind losing. With a few pitiful CG in regards to prostitution. Don't play this just look up the CG instead
  7. 2.00 star(s)

myjammies

I was initially drawn in by the artwork for Slave's Sword. The character art was great and the uncensored patch makes the scenes exciting as well. So I was surprised that it wasn't highly rated or much talked about. However, after a promising start, Slave's Sword completely lost its way. Most of my complaints revolve around a lack of content, in both variety and execution. Either the content is walled off and locked behind progressing the main story or there are only a couple of ways to get it - prostitution and defeat. I like variety in scenarios in my H-Games and there isn't a lot of that here.

There are good things, however. After an interminably long prologue, you find yourself in a slave camp, unable to fight any guards and the gameplay is around sneaking around, hiding behind boxes and avoiding coming into the view of the guards. I thought this was an exciting subversion of usual RPGM gameplay and it led to some great H Scenes on failure. There are also some interesting mechanics such as combining potions and other items to make stronger versions and upgrading your equipment through iron ores and money. The game has gacha cards which you get by gambling in a slot machine. Each card gives some buff. Lots of opportunities here for H shenanigans but none taken.

Apart from that, the game pretty much fails to be a good game. The only gameplay elements are usual RPGM stuff but Slave Sword makes them worse. For one, there are only four side quests. You can only go to those areas if you have accepted the quests. The quests are repeatable and level dependent but fighting the same enemies in the same areas while you wait for Leon to fucking progress the story gets grindy and boring real fast. What's worse is the quests are about traversing an area and beating the boss. The level demands are high for every increasing quest so you have to grind like a little bitch. What's worse is that the area where you accept the quests and the rest of the city is separated by four doors. You have to go to the bar, then the basement, then the hidden door, then into the actual area. And while you can teleport to your quest location and back, you can't do it elsewhere. All this makes for very annoying gameplay. The worst bit is however that all scenes are either defeat rape or prostitution. Horrendous lack in variety.

It could have been a great game. But in the end, I'd recommend looking at the CGs rather than trudging through this molasses.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

t3tox

The art and the CG is good. The gameplay and story is too linear for me. Too access some areas one has to have the corespondig quest for the area. This makes the game seem locked as you can't really explore anywhere. None the less it was quite enjoyable.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

YakuzaZzz

well the art is great but the mechanics of the game in term of H scene is quite mediocre you need to lose to get raped and let me be clear i have played many games where you get raped when you lose, but when all your scene are just you losing to get raped is quite pathetic. Most scene ,the same art is used with different dialog this game is poo poo in term of sex scene. The story is pretty great this game could have been much more but i guess the artist was too lazy, i mean you get into the slums and there is 2 scene lol after that you do a few bounties and kill the last boss of this game and there you go thats the game quite lame to be honest and i did find all the scene i even brought my shame to 0 just to see what would happen same scene in most with different dialog .... i mean ... I GIVE THIS GAME A "ehh" that's what its worth ....