RAGS Abandoned Slavers Game Chapter IV: Nancy's Hospital Problems [v0.22] [Imp16k4]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Why do dev's write games which you cannot follow without a walkthrough. I understand you want to make people think, but damn, at least give us clues. Like the game, but would be much better if I at least knew what you were thinking making the game, remember we can't read your mind.
Did you play Dark Souls? I know it s nothing to compare with my game, my girls are far hooter than they have, but if you play the game with the walkthrough by your side a lot of the feelings disappear if you crack a riddle or beat a boss.

If I write something like a walkthrough I would spit out much to many small hints for every possibility you have inside my games. It would kill it and reduce it to a clicking through the pictures thing. Isn t it a much better feeling if you manage to overcome one of the small problems and yell at your monitor "Fuck you Imp I can beat your shit!"

And if you would take a look into my brain... No better not cracking my head hurts...

For now all of the small problems you encounter inside the game. Take a deep breath and think for a minute. Al of this you cannot follow roll into a logic way. Except for the Institution and Nanites everything inside the game follows a logical path-

You are stuck inside a hospital filled with nurses who wear a, let s say, not to common uniform. They don t wan t you outside the hospital and set up traps and roll rock in front of your feet. Take a minute and think about it. What would you do? No I don t speak of the possibility to undress them with your eyes, You would try to find a way out of it. Open every drawer. Searching for every possible thing you could use to get out of there.

I know I stuck from time to time a little bit in my past. Old point & click adventure thing try that use this with that and something like that but it s never this cryptic like to use a monkey as a wrench. The only thing not self-explaining for now is Ais section. Her riddles are not self-explaining.

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

dglnds

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Why do dev's write games which you cannot follow without a walkthrough. I understand you want to make people think, but damn, at least give us clues. Like the game, but would be much better if I at least knew what you were thinking making the game, remember we can't read your mind.
No one knows what Imp is thinking, though I often have to take my best guess at times...its worked out okay so far...I think. ;)

Reactions: imp16k4

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
i didn't know rags games were still a thing. i thought they stopped being made 3-4 years ago
As far as I know I m the last one who make a game with RAGS, but it s still the best way for my type of game. Twine can t handle the enormous mass of variable and timer I implemented into it and after a certain point it s not even capable of open the data again. For Unitiy I would need other pictures either I make them by myself, and that would be a bad idea can t draw a straight line, or I must let the pictures on a high resolution, giving me copyright issues.
Ren'Py only usable for VN and yeah what else could I use?

habibiti

Feb 9, 2018
Is there already a regalia version of the update? Would somebody mind to upload one? Every non-Windows user would appreciate that :firstimekiss:

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Is there already a regalia version of the update? Would somebody mind to upload one? Every non-Windows user would appreciate that :firstimekiss:
Can you link me a good tutorial for this without to much specialized talk that I can understand that

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Currently have a small trouble with uploading it to gdrive and mega my net sleep a little bit

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Was finally able to convince MEGA to upload the file Changed the OP and updated the game

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I just tried the Mega download and it was asking for a decryption key. The Google download works fine though.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get RAGS to work.
Have a scan through this thread, Rags can be a bit of a pain getting the correct player etc etc but I think it's not a bad engine if (as with all games and engines tbh) it's well written and executed.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes