Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
Droid Productions

Great so far with one small nit pick. The page flipping in the Red Book when going from the top to the bottom and vice versa are a lot of page flips. There are a couple of options like having variable speed of page flips to make further ones accessed in the same time length as closer ones but the simplest and easiest to implement would be to just have any page changes be just one flip always.

With the "sticking out tabs" on the side of the book if you think about how you would navigate a book with those in real life you would grab the tab you want and use that to make just one page turn to get to where you want to go.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Mravac Kid

Jun 5, 2021
Any chance of a compressed version? (Yes, I know it's Unity, but I swear I've seen *some* compressed Unity things out there)
Also, will it at any point be available on GOG? I greatly prefer to support them over Steam.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any chance of a compressed version? (Yes, I know it's Unity, but I swear I've seen *some* compressed Unity things out there)
Also, will it at any point be available on GOG? I greatly prefer to support them over Steam.
No compressed versions planned; Unity stores stuff in HW optimized textures (usually DDS/DXTC), which load faster but are bigger than WebP.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Fights in Tight Spaces
This game has horrible UI even dark mode dosen't help much, because things like enemy HP or objectives just randomly placed. Could took a tip or two from Hearthstone, where card text is clear in split second. Also fights looks cool just in promo videos, real gameplay looks like diagonal sidesteps and backtaps...
You have to compromise between building universal deck for every combat or adding moves that actually looks cool, but rarely useful. Cool concept, but lackluster implementation.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This game has horrible UI even dark mode dosen't help much, because things like enemy HP or objectives just randomly placed. Could took a tip or two from Hearthstone, where card text is clear in split second. Also fights looks cool just in promo videos, real gameplay looks like diagonal sidesteps and backtaps...
You have to compromise between building universal deck for every combat or adding moves that actually looks cool, but rarely useful. Cool concept, but lackluster implementation.
I found it easily playable. and extremely stylish. I do tend to play positional manipulation decks (based around moves that shift people around), it's very satisfying to nudge your opponent into the line of fine, use them as a shield as you close the distance to the shooter, then leave them behind to get shot as you swing out of the way, before kicking the shooter out of the window.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
I do tend to play positional manipulation decks (based around moves that shift people around)
I'm inclined to use similar kind of decks because they are powerful and allow cheese opponents with enviromental kills, problem is gameplay starts to look like chess game instead of actual fight, where all pieces have restricted movements. So yeah choosing between being cool or efficient is not a good game design, being efficient should make you look cool. In trailer developers show you cool bloody roundkicks, dodges, counters etc, but in reality you just step on nearby cell or behind enemy back, to get out of attack range, because it's most efficient way and can even reward you with some friendly fire.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyone know when we can expect part 2?
Soonish. We accidentally unlocked like 50 new cards the week before the release (I hadn't realized that the designer unlocked all the sword, pipe, axe and whip cards from the relaxation activities, many of them untested), so the last 2 weeks has been running around with our hair on fire, fixing 50 cards that weren't ever meant to unlock for months.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes