Ren'Py - Single Mother [v0.3] [Story Teller]

1. 3.00 star(s)

rinfei

Reviewing v0.2, there's not a lot of content here just yet. Overall, playing this game seems like it's a learning project for its creator, and in that light I am hopeful to see what it will become. Much of what I'll say is critical, but I'm hopeful that it will be taken constructively.

I encountered a bug when clicking the couch with the friend on it, which displays a scene for when you are at work, as well as one in which my week was an 8 day cycle, which is probably an indexing/rounding error. Other issues I encountered I'll assume were simply unimplemented at the time I played.

The writing is sparse but functional. It doesn't seem like it's from somebody who doesn't speak English, yet there are some artifacts such as a number of sentences in which the first letter is not capitalized, as well as (somewhat hilariously) a menu action "Manstrubate," which I can only imagine as jilling off while shedding your uterine lining.

The gameplay is Ren'Py open world, which is a frustrating style for me, personally. I would very much like options for quick travel, auto-dress, and other tedium-relieving features. The art style is crude, but not without its charm. I will say that in a number of scenes the character's heads are about 1/4 too small for their bodies, or vice versa. But it's not AI-generated, at least, and I imagine it will get better with time.