Others Sinful Spaces [v0.7.7] [Naughty Duo]

3.00 star(s) 15 Votes

genteis

Aug 8, 2021
Hello guys.
Appreciate the feedbacks and comments you wrote.

We acctualy have a lot of plans for the game, but we are begginners in this world of game developers so we decided to post a starting version.
We are definitely thinking about everything we read here.

So far, we have a plan on adding 3 to 4 models each month as a basic update pack.
Other than that, we want to start working on a gift shop that would implement a relationship path with the tenants that could lead to different scenes and interactions, such as trips and individual dates.

We'll try our best to continue creating beautiful models and working on mechanic ideas to make the game more fun to play.
So after having played the game, I have to agree with another person. More and more characters sounds good on paper but in general, the more characters, the more shallow the game. Going to make some suggestions, which are maybe obvious and already have been considered by you 2 or just something that don't follow your vision.

First of all the game loop - this is right now the weakest part of it. It is just repeating the same action pretty much and gets boring quickly. Second thing was the logic behind it. By peeking and being creepy, I have them become more interested in me?

If I had to rework the game loop, I would do it as such. Peeking gives no interest, unless the person has very high interest, is trained to be exhibitionist or already is one. Peeking in general should only lose you interest if you get caught, at least during the low interest levels.

Then additionally, if this game would go down the relationships route and dating, then for that I would rework the peeking mechanic further. Peeking would give you info on tenants, about their daily habits. So as an example, you get 0 interest tenant. First task is to peek them 3 times and you find out they go jogging during mornings or go to work during evenings. Then as MC you would get an event in a park, where you can go for a jog and "accidentally" meet that person. This now turns into an event for a level or relationship points, either way can work. The basic idea is that during early interest or relationship levels peeking would be a mechanic that lets you "accidentally" meet these people during their daily habits and get their minimum interest level for dating. Maybe this was already something planned? Seeing that hobby is a field for characters.

Second, while grinding the early interest levels by peeking, it was really good to see their room malfunctions for faster point gains. That could also be turned into a mechanic, which uses an existing one, which is buying things for an apartment. For example, lets say we unlock at a certain interest level a ventilation "upgrade", which we can manually make malfunction. This would cause suspicion but also give us more events. It could either be something that gives new relationship levels for certain characters with certain events. For example, one character seems to be a mechanic or something? Maybe with her that event around malfunction could be a relationship level event. Or maybe the malfunction leads into sex and thats a level? Or could also be as simple as a gallery picture.

Long story short, the game loop could be changed:
Peeking: pictures for gallery (basically every picture we have right now), info during early levels for events for dating etc.
Malfunctions: could be something that is manually triggered to get relationship points/levels and gallery pictures.
And then of course the planned dating and relationships etc.

Second thing that felt off to me apart from the game loop would be the pictures progression. I wanted to experience the game as it was intended but only felt like focusing on 1 character, so I maxed Christina. At first the progression seemed okay until the squatting image but after that... hummm, she is just standing and being the same as a previous images before the squatting image. So the reward felt very off. The squatting image gave a feeling like this will go further and get more exciting.

Of course, this depends again on your vision for the game. If it will have a corruption stat or exhibitionist stat, then those could be tied into gallery progression or for example with the malfunctions again. If I cause air conditioner to fail and dont fix it, then during a hot summer day that causes them to start sweating more excessively, which makes them have less clothes and by peeking gives different images.

These were my 2 major issues with the game. Understandably it is a lot easier to shoot out ides and other thing is executing them.

The positives were, as said by many others, the characters themselves look really nice and diverse - ethnicity, age (it was a welcome surprise to see character like Hilda), hair length etc. This was definitely the strongest part. For a game in such early stage, the UI was visually very pleasing.

Did not want to give this a game a official rating because it is still very fresh and don't want to tank the rating yet, so I wrote my review in comments instead.

Last edited:

naughtyduo

Game Developer
May 15, 2023
This game is good!

It's gonna be better if I could see pictures of hall of fame tenants. Please fix it.
It's our top priority, so it will be added to the next version that is scheduled to go out on the first week of june.

Reactions: 4545boi

naughtyduo

Game Developer
May 15, 2023
I don't think the dev is on this forum, BUT if he sees this I think 2 pieces of advice are mandatory in this case:

1.- The hands, if you are going to use AI, fix your hands and do not leave all the work of designing and creating the characters to the AI, otherwise the images will look strange.

2.- In this case there are 2 options or you generate many images and make it dynamic so that lifeless mannequins do not appear or you make it text based and focus on writing.

They are only advice but if you want this to succeed they could help, good luck.
I agree with you!
We had to start somewhere, so we decided to improve the images through time, cause right now the game is our part-time job.
Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: loikl

dmmt

May 8, 2020
the issue with adding more and more tenants, is you dont get to peek at anyone often enough to really raise their interest levels. The issue with NOT adding tenants; is they know you are peeking.

The peeking mechanic shouldnt raise the girls interest; unless they are exhibitionists. It SHOULD provide details on the girls lives/interests, so the MC can better interact with them in order to elevate their interest.

Is the objective here, to create a dating sim, a blackmail sim, a corruption sim, or just a peeping tom sim? What?

Last edited:
Reactions: naughtyduo

naughtyduo

Game Developer
May 15, 2023
Tried 3 download locations. Mac version says its corrupted when opening. Tried the built in extractor as well as the unarchiver on all 3.
Hey,

We found issues with the exported files for Mac. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have already removed all the links so that nobody else experiences the same problem.

We are making some tests to understand what went wrong, but for now, we will only provide the links for Windows.

Reactions: davemanster

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Suggestion: When you execute repairs yourself, rather than have it raise interest (which really makes little sense), have it increase levels of trust. (Reduce levels of suspicion if you prefer).

Also, ultimately, some form of sexualized activity between the MC (such as he/she/it is) and the tenants, would be quite welcome. Simple static images of people in varied states of undress, doesnt make for much of a game really.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
oh, and I meant to add....buildng their interest level, only to have them buy the unit and you lose out on further peeping? WTF, that's no reward. Yeah, I get NOW, that the interest, represents their interest in the unit and not in you. But THAT, is a HUGE let down and seems self defeating. Compounded by the fact that you then run out of female occupants. I have no interest...NONE, ZERO...in peeping on dudes. But I'll run out of females after they get retired to the "Hall of Fame". Why isnt there a "I Decline to Sell" option, maybe halfing their rent instead, and keeping them as tenants? Perhaps with a greatly increased sense of suspicion on their part, and a slower tendency to reduce that suspicion?

Trussetyv

Aug 8, 2018
Please switch from .rar to .zip. RAR is a PITA to open, and I cant open the current download.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
needs to have hardcore content. No progression at all with the pictures after about level 10!

Agreed. But is AI even capable of animating hardcore content? It SHOULD be able to craft stills, but could those be chained to gether like a flip-book in a video editor to create an animated sequence? Would be a shit ton of editing work but if the AI is rendering the art, ....hmmmmmmmm

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Few issues, #1 the issue with any game that uses multiple characters, more characters means less depth for each. Having a game stabilize at a given number is a good thing, but this game is basically a patreon pleaser game. New girls each month keep the money coming. Couter intuitive to ever finalizing a acual game. What tends to happen is the devs spend 90% of there developing on each new girl to keep the money coming and do so using just the same basic game play as before, meaning the game never evolves past the point its already at becuase there knee deep in pleasing patreons for continued revenue.

Issue #2, you did such an incredible feature of undressing each girl as you progress (impressive becuase its AI art), however that's it its basically just a really tame version of a nudy mag. People are going to want some acualy sexual content.

Issue #3, it's been stated in posts before mine but I'll state it as well, doing the same thing over and over with just peeping is boring. I'd suggest you add more options other than just peeping to make this more of some semblance that it's an actual game. Clicking one button over and over is basically no different then clicking text to get to a choice in your most basic VN.

naughtyduo

Game Developer
May 15, 2023
oh, and I meant to add....buildng their interest level, only to have them buy the unit and you lose out on further peeping? WTF, that's no reward. Yeah, I get NOW, that the interest, represents their interest in the unit and not in you. But THAT, is a HUGE let down and seems self defeating. Compounded by the fact that you then run out of female occupants. I have no interest...NONE, ZERO...in peeping on dudes. But I'll run out of females after they get retired to the "Hall of Fame". Why isnt there a "I Decline to Sell" option, maybe halfing their rent instead, and keeping them as tenants? Perhaps with a greatly increased sense of suspicion on their part, and a slower tendency to reduce that suspicion?
Hey, thanks for bringing up your points about the game. We're looking into possible alternatives to pursue with the development resources we have. No doubt, this first version has a lot of room for improvement, and we're taking all the community's feedback into consideration. The suggestion of not accepting the sale is a good one. Your interpretation of interest is different from what we initially thought. Indeed, the interest increases regarding the tenants, but there's a drawback when selling the apartment and her disappearing from your espionage. We'll definitely review that.

naughtyduo

Game Developer
May 15, 2023
Few issues, #1 the issue with any game that uses multiple characters, more characters means less depth for each. Having a game stabilize at a given number is a good thing, but this game is basically a patreon pleaser game. New girls each month keep the money coming. Couter intuitive to ever finalizing a acual game. What tends to happen is the devs spend 90% of there developing on each new girl to keep the money coming and do so using just the same basic game play as before, meaning the game never evolves past the point its already at becuase there knee deep in pleasing patreons for continued revenue.

Issue #2, you did such an incredible feature of undressing each girl as you progress (impressive becuase its AI art), however that's it its basically just a really tame version of a nudy mag. People are going to want some acualy sexual content.

Issue #3, it's been stated in posts before mine but I'll state it as well, doing the same thing over and over with just peeping is boring. I'd suggest you add more options other than just peeping to make this more of some semblance that it's an actual game. Clicking one button over and over is basically no different then clicking text to get to a choice in your most basic VN.
Thanks for bringing your comment!! The community feedback is helping us reconsider several aspects of our game. We don't want to just stick to character updates, we definitely want to bring new features and improve what we've already done so far. We want to make it truly fun, with good-quality visuals and a captivating and exciting story. This is just the first version, and we're already working on improvements. :)

bentalos

Aug 5, 2017
Error after about 5 are finished. Game crashes and wont restart. This is the error I get

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object oCardContract:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [5] out of range [5] - -9.cardSprite(101539,5)
at gml_Object_oCardContract_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_oCardContract_Step_0 (line -1)

3.00 star(s) 15 Votes