• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Simple Beginnings [Ep. 5 v1.5.0 BETA] [Barbiecued]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Hey Barbiecued, what an update :eek: I'd vote for the DLC option and I found some typos in the new update:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks! I'll add fixes to the next update. :giggle:

Edit: Also, I have no idea why Ren'Py doesn't like it when I use X in the file names of certain pictures. It's weird as hell. The images are there, it's just that Ren'Py doesn't register them for that reason alone. It works fine when you replace the X with an underscore. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, some of them went through in my haste to fix bugs and release the game!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: seek3r

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
Love this. Glad there's a lesbian path. I like that there's horror and supernatural elements. Always enjoy seeing crazy female characters in a lesbian game. Having choices is nice especially when it involves being able to stand up for yourself, speak your mind, and being able to confront pervs. I also like how the female mc is a pure soul who's trying to make the most out of their chaotic life and is thrown into this dark world that could or is trying to corrupt them. And not corrupt as in they're someone who's a sex object with no free will who's used by creeps, pervs, douchebags, and grotesque looking people.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
i really like the story so far, but especially in the beginning you have so much text and so few renders . a vn is living from its renders. just 2-3 renders more per scene would make it so much better and lively.

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
This story is going to kill me with excitement, now I have to think about how to survive until the next episode, now things got more interesting with the powers and the supernatural, seriously I could easily imagine the story with its cinematics as if it were LIS or TWD Telltale.

Now the end of the episode has left me many doubts if Jenny is still alive or not, and if she survived, what kind of powers did she unlock now, if being an emissary of darkness means being away from Emma, I suppose the story will be directed at trying to get Jenny to escape from his dark destiny if you can, Carl was trash from beginning to end, no matter what reasons he has.

The moment between Jen and Emma was beautiful, I can't wait to see how their relationship develops as the plot continues.

It seems wise to focus on the main story first and then develop the ramifications of it; many games in development spend years creating alternative content that contributes little or nothing to the main story, leaving the story in an endless loop.

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
This story is going to kill me with excitement, now I have to think about how to survive until the next episode, now things got more interesting with the powers and the supernatural, seriously I could easily imagine the story with its cinematics as if it were LIS or TWD Telltale.

Now the end of the episode has left me many doubts if Jenny is still alive or not, and if she survived, what kind of powers did she unlock now, if being an emissary of darkness means being away from Emma, I suppose the story will be directed at trying to get Jenny to escape from his dark destiny if you can, Carl was trash from beginning to end, no matter what reasons he has.

The moment between Jen and Emma was beautiful, I can't wait to see how their relationship develops as the plot continues.

It seems wise to focus on the main story first and then develop the ramifications of it; many games in development spend years creating alternative content that contributes little or nothing to the main story, leaving the story in an endless loop.
It's an honour to be compared to games like that, but I'm far from their level! :D

I'm going to release Episode 6 and then work on the voice acting parts. I'll also fill in some parts where the dialogue between characters is missing rendered images to make it more visually pleasing.

There will be some changes in the way I do things in Season 2 to be more efficient. For one, I'm currently trying my best to convert G8 characters to G9 because they use only 20-30% of the memory compared to their predecessors and are much easier to use for posing. However, I haven't had much luck with the custom-made characters I have, such as Jenny, Emma, and Ethan; they end up looking like something straight out of your worst nightmares.

Yes, that's my biggest gripe with VN games overall. As a player myself, I understand the frustration of updates that take a long time and don't progress the main story. I think it's more about the devs trying to please certain groups of players, and I understand that sentiment somewhat now, but it's still frustrating.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes