Sim Red Light Town Hex Edition - new project announced

dullman

Jun 4, 2017
So after stopping working on my game since there were no interest in it, I decided to move to new project (or maybe old one) named currently as title of topic.

So whats the game would be about?
Hmm I decided to drop text and table based game with sexy sprites, to more civilization like looking game where sprites of girls would show on map doing whatever they do in this moment. Also I would abandon turn based gameplay (or pseudo turn based) to real time gameplay. So we basically gets a Hexagonal map of city (and some farms around it), where each hex is different district. Those districts have their own needs which if we expand to them we need to assign girl to district (one per district) and satisfy them. Total sum of needs are 100% which can be described as 100% of girl time is used to satisfy residents of district, so if we have a need that is 50% e.g. titfuck it would mean that roughly 50% of time girl is doing tifuck, the rest of time she spent doing another needs of residents.

There would be different kind of districts in game roughly design has nine different districts (e.g slums, lower class, middle class, adventurers, merchants) but there will be more in future but currently decide to start small then if it catch interest I would begin to make it bigger. Each satisfied need will increase income from district while each time need rise too much the income will decrease. Girls would never rest just they try to satisfy needs of residents, when they done with one need they go to second biggest need that currently is present (or after satisfy need it would be the biggest one now).

Each girl would have their own skills and traits that would help to satisfy certain need so we would need to shuffle girl between district to gain the highest income, since it's planned that a girl would be able to rise income from district without needed traits/skills only to low level, basically she would spend too much time to satisfy residents to be able to take care of all needs without certain traits/skills. Besides stats they would also new magical spells which help with jobs but not only girls would now only limited amount of spells also they would use mana to cast them, which slowly regen but still it would be not allowed to cast non stop them.

Besides the game I do plan to create several tools to mod the game without touching json files (which are standard for me to keep data in them where user can easily modded it). Now I work on map editor to create new city maps or modify existing ones, after that i create some basic tools for creating data (maybe something similar to WM editor, not in unity but in c# based on forms).

In a case of some error with loading data the user will be informed about it, so he can be aware that has problems with game and can send me log to try to see what is the problem.

Also during the gameplay there will be events like from VN where games gets paused and we see a window in form of VN, where we interact with events, after end we return to normal gameplay. Or maybe you think the better would look like events in EU4 style? (As for VN i think that if project would be successful i would add some kind of art to see a high res images of characters, for now I can only provide my custom sprites in 80px size)

The girls. Previous game has a mix of random girls and unique ones, but for this game I would create only unique girls (at least for first release version) since each one of girl would need their own events, and for randoms girl they would be obviously too many copies of events for them, but in future if I ever find any writer that want to help I would be glad to add some random girls to game, for now you need to be satisfied with my bad writing or if you have a problems with it just use one of tools of mine to mods dialogues for your own needs.

So I want some kind of feedback regarding my idea for new game if you would want to try it and give me some feedback or you just ignore it as my previous game? I mean any kind of feedback is precious for any author especially when they do not have patreon to see some monetary benefits which is equal to that people does enjoy playing game enough to pay for it.

ps. I know that my previous game was not available on this forum so you would not know whats about it but if you want to try my previous creation just search fenoxo forum or legend of krystal forum.

dullman

Jun 4, 2017
So I created the brand new female Isometrics sprites for game (male are still not done, but they would rather similar to females to lessen work on me). What do you think about new sprites it's passable or would you prefer smaller sprite that could goes with smaller grid on map, which was some compromise from my side to increase single cell size on grid since in the old one would fit only one sprite to it, whilst all sprites that would be bigger (like sex sprites) would overflow from tile, which if we would go with single girl per few cells be acceptable, but I do want to create something that can keep girl (or character) on every cell in grid.

But there goes second thing i thought would you prefer if a character satisfy needs from several tiles (cells) in his/her range or only from single, first would fit for larger maps with less amount of characters second would make small maps with packed characters everywhere (for example 20x20 map would require 400 characters to fill in second cases, in first it would require around 1/7 of it if we go with 1 hex range)