Partial SHRIFT

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
Tried for half an hour to past the first enemy.
Is this some kind of copy protection. This game is impossible.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Tried for half an hour to past the first enemy.
Is this some kind of copy protection. This game is impossible.

If you're talking about the tutorial, then just follow the instructions the receptionist is giving to you, if it's the latest patch, the guide on what to do should be in the top left corner. if you're still having trouble, I suggest you start on easy(Regular) as this game is difficult unless you take advantage of the mechanics and has a unique way of getting you to panic (Constant damage when binding or in a hold).

If you're talking about the first battle with Barghest in the communications room, then follow the instructions of fox, in other words;
  1. try to attack with the gun
  2. Go to actions and select remove clothes
  3. attack again while she's in her temptation mode.
  4. Now you choose what route to take.
If you're referring to the random encounters, then here are a few tips.

1. Even at a high level, enemies have attacks that will make you lose quickly.
  2. Remember to make quick decisions, holds and binds will constantly inflict damage to both willpower and lust.
  3. When in doubt, use evasive or defensive posture as they can save your life when foes are in their temptation phase.
  4. Be wary when an enemy is in their temptation phase and don't be quick to undress. Only do so when it benefits you as enemies will always try to bind you when you do so.
  5. Make sure your vitality is above half, if you make an action when it falls below that, then you will be inflicted with exhaustion, the debuff that made me lose many battles, always be sure to have a break in attacking to ensure you have enough energy to perform your best attacks.
  6. Use items both sparingly and when necessary. I will be honest, there are many items I obtained I didn't use out of fear, instead I used the save rooms to stay healthy. Every enemy has a certain mechanic you must exploit and making sure you use the items to remove debuffs are important to progressing.
  7. Barghest is easy to defeat as long as you remember to use struggle and get rid of ecstasy quickly, don't ever let it stack up in a fight as it will screw you over.
Those are basics tips in helping you get though the game. Also don't be afraid to run when you can, being a coward is more worth risking getting the debuffs as they stack and make it difficult to even face the enemy in the future. (Don't even think of save scumming, as soon as you lose the battle, then the game will activate the flag in the global save file.)

The game doesn't have copy protection fro what I can see, its just very hard at the beginning because the mechanics are what make the game enjoyable, and are the core of the game. Don't afraid to be scummy in some of your battles, they will do everything to make you submit.

Last edited:

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
@Crazycarzom
Thank you for the advices.

Talking about the Bargest random encounters.
It seems I had bad luck or a some kind of glitch. Every random encounter was instant death. MC just flied in her paws. Could not do any input.

New start fixed this issue.

Nov 27, 2019
I gave up ! Any 100% save file ? Cant beat daji quick agility+debuff+lust. My lv and weapons high as i kill all girls still not ez. so stressful!
U can mercy girls for different story but no lv.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
I gave up ! Any 100% save file ? Cant beat daji quick agility+debuff+lust. My lv and weapons high as i kill all girls still not ez. so stressful!
U can mercy girls for different story but no lv.
I'll leave a link to a file where it details how her phases work, it should give you some idea. From what you're saying, I assume you're going through neutral or genocide.

Daiji has four phases, each harder than the last, Beast being the hardest for me and probably others. The guide will tell you some tips for getting through each phase. Remember that Daiji is on the level of a final boss and you need to use your knowledge of the game's mechanics to defeat her.

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
@Crazycarzom
Thank you for the advices.

Talking about the Bargest random encounters.
It seems I had bad luck or a some kind of glitch. Every random encounter was instant death. MC just flied in her paws. Could not do any input.

New start fixed this issue.
It's not a glitch and yes it is a little bad luck.

-Every time you lose to a random encounter you get a debuff (blue arrow) up to 5x.
-Each one increases the likelihood of a "caution" or "danger" event at the start of a random encounter with that specific enemy. These also accrue for set enemy battles, but it only matters if you are using the dream recall item feature.
-Yellow caution events are usually a bind or dialogue, and red "danger" events usually mean a sex scene starts, so you will almost always lose unless you use up your most expensive items, and possibly still then.
-Each time you win a fight with that monster you decrease the debuff facing them by 1. These debuffs accrue if you try to quit during a fight iirc.

How to deal with it:

Buff options:
1) Drink tea, temporarily helps but doesn't decrease bad event frequency)
2) Play around with a friendly monster girl (post-chapter 1-1) and orgasm 5x to get the maximum buff for all fights, improves stats (does not appear to stack with tea)
3) Use losing points to beef up stats with Mira (2 losses for each 5 stat points that you can then apply, don't use this mira option if seeking true end during second run-through)

Removing Debuffs:
4) Get lucky and Win a couple battles in a row, that should reduce the debuff to "caution probable events" then you can fight to remove the rest.
5) Talk to the Lord or Mira (I forget which) and request enemy restart (not good for seeking true end) or the monster with high maxed affection.

I pretty much always go for number 2, 3, 4 if I'm on a bad streak (or 2 and 4 during 2nd run through). Also remember the game's first run through is usually best played on easy or normal (can change at lord pillow), though make sure to have your respawn card equipped. Only take it off if you are trying to get all the bad ends for the pre-game menu.

It's a great game, but if you are playing it untranslated, skip through the battle instructions, or play on a higher difficulty the learning curve becomes pretty steep, like 3-charms untranslated steep (shivers).

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazycarzom

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
I play an english version on easy and the difficulty is allready brutal. 2nd encounter with the Iron Maiden and can not do shit for an eternity until it is my turn.
I wish there where cheats. It is just frustrating.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
I play an english version on easy and the difficulty is allready brutal. 2nd encounter with the Iron Maiden and can not do shit for an eternity until it is my turn.
I wish there where cheats. It is just frustrating.

Ah yes the second fight with iron maiden. Well the pastebin guide I linked actually helped me out there because that battle is different from the others you do.

Use coffin breakout 4 times in the struggle menu, make sure you don't reach 100 lust before the fourth time or you already lost the battle.

After that the music will change and you will notice the list of menus (gun, struggle, actions, etc.) has also changed, pick out the space between two menus and hit the action in there, you will escape and win the battle afterwards.

Seriously though, while I was fine going in blind at first, looking at a guide for certain enemies will help you out as some of them like Iron Maiden have unique battles, which can screw you over if you don't what you need to do. I know the pastebin link can seem sketchy, especially with the warning but it's useful for all items and enemies when you need it w/ drop information.

Hope you are able to progress and if you need more tips then either refer to that guide or I'll answer it to the best of my ability. This game is brutal but is pretty fun once you learn how to counter each enemy, because I wouldn't have beaten the game on easy if it weren't for having a guide help with the more problematic encounters.

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
have you also downloaded it from there? is it totally safe? don't wanna take any risks :(
I have, didn't have problems. Sadly, windows defender and bit-defender in my case make A LOT more false positives now especially for decrypting software. It's like they tried to pad their competitive edge by increasing detection sensitivity at the cost of having their specificity nose dive.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
So, I suppose I feel silly, but given the game allows you to avoid killing in certain instances and I heard it described as "undertale" style... are we supposed to fight?

By which I mean, I passed the first areas avoiding lethal attacks and such, but my EXP is for shit and I don't see this being possible otherwise. Without spoilers, is there some miserable ending you get if you go level grinding, or something similar?
Just like Undertale, there are a limited amount of monsters you can grind unless you have a certain item. There are three main routes, True Mercy, Neutral and Genocide. That is pretty telling on it's own without spoiling the game. Note that while there are similarities, don't think of this too much like Undertale, it's still its own thing.

Stay safe and good night/day!

Till next time.

Sep 27, 2019
The Iron Maiden battle is truly ridiculous
I can't proceed on the easiest difficulty
just fire, and struggle when needed

I personally am FUCKING STUCK on the plantgirl room, it's fucking impossible to progress! how do people even get through it makes me just mad, the game is good, almost perfect, but this kind of puzzle room is just STUPID difficult

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018

I personally am FUCKING STUCK on the plantgirl room, it's fucking impossible to progress! how do people even get through it makes me just mad, the game is good, almost perfect, but this kind of puzzle room is just STUPID difficult
Someone else may give you the answer, that said.

This game once translated is really not that hard, I just imagine you are stuck because you having a hard time breaking your knee-jerk well-rehearsed gaming patterns that you've gotten well used to while playing mind-numbing games. Well-designed J-RPGs or games like Dark Souls force you to identify your gaming patterns, break them, and test out new approaches. If you find yourself unable to do that, maybe these games aren't for you, or you just don't know the #1 rule for difficult H-games:

Rule: Do NOT edge/fap during new puzzles or new combat situations and expect to win! Just don't! Strategic/analytical brain = good; horny, distracted, half-assed brain that tends to expect different results using the same approach brain because I'm too busy chasing a dopamine high brain = bad.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019

There is a thread for the game now that can give you plenty of tips and such, however I'll provide you with some things to help with Chapter 1-2.

After defeating Lampas for the first time and fending off Iron Maiden you'll be able to progress through the room/rooms with plenty of Lampas spewing pheromone clouds. Patience is important in these segments, there is no time limit for the normal rooms and watch out for traps. Getting hit by a cloud isn't the end, especially if it's from afar, spam the left and right keys to hopefully break free in time.
There is one last room near the end which is optional, I personally don't recommend you try to go through it, especially if the normal ones frustrate you. The room has a time limit until automatic loss and the reward isn't worth it in the long run.

I recommend you check out the thread, plenty of helpful tips and this segment was discussed at some point before:
[RPGM] - [Completed] - SHRIFT [v8.06] [DEVIL'S OFFICE] | F95zone

Here are a post giving a tip, although not sure if it's applicable in the current version:
https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v8-06-devils-office.67613/post-6858421

Now for my tips moving forward
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also attached the guide for help if you need it.

Hope this helped and stay safe out there!

Till next time.

Last edited: