RPGM Shooting the Breeze about an M/M game I'm working on

HenshinFantasy

Jun 25, 2018
First off, since I'll be making this thread before I've properly introduced myself, I'd like to say a quick hello to the f95zone community. I've been lurking here for a little while, a few weeks give or take, and while I've been a bit hesitant to make an account here since it seems so M/F and F/F focused, I really wanted to take with somebody else about the game I'm working on so I figured... where's the harm in make an account here and seeing what happens.

With that out of the way, I would now like to talk about the game I'm working on. Well... the prototype anyway. I'm still working on a lot of the details but basically the game I'm working on is a M/M, with yaoi-esque designs, slice of life dungeon crawler with both life sim and metroidvania elements with both tentacles and briefs being among the main fetishes.

Rather then being some epic adventure that takes the main cast across the entire world, the game is instead a slice of life story that focuses on the day to day adventures and activities of the residences of an average city that may or may not take place in Japan at some point within the last thirty years. At least, an average japanese city that is home not only to "average" humans, I use the term average loosely, but also to demons who secretly live among them and feed off of the desires of those humans.

In a twist though, the main characters of the game are not the humans that inhabit the city but instead the demons. Unlike in many other types of media, the demons of this game are not heartless monsters plotting to cause chaos and destruction in human society. In fact, the demon species as a whole just don't really care much about humans at all. They don't hate them, they don't love them, they're just... food. Some demons keep an eye on them so that they don't kill themselves and leave young demons without a source of food and others take an interest in them in a similar way humans take an interest in observing and studying animals but otherwise demon society as a whole is mostly independent of human society of the food thing.

In other words, while the game appears to take place in an enviorment similar to our own. In actuality, the game instead puts the spotlight on a race that not only has a completely different culture and society the humans do but also has a completely different biology and, more importantly, psychology then humans do.

I could go into more detail about the game now but this is starting to become a really big wall of text so I'll just wait and see if anyone's actually interested in learning more about this before I post another wall of text.

I know its kind of weird to spend more of a game development post talking about lore and worldbuilding rather then gameplay but, as mentioned earlier, the main characters of the game, while they appear to be physically human, actually have a completely different biology the humans do and, as such, don't use the traditional 'equip weapons and armor to grow strong and gain levels to learn new skills' that is standard in RPGs. I had to kind of set the stage a bit before I start diving into gameplay details. So... what do you guys think so far?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
It depends on what you mean by "They don't hate them, they don't love them, they're just... food." If they are literally killing/eating humans without disregard, I personally would have a hard time relating to the demons. If, however, they "feed" off humans through sexual energy/body fluids/etc. then I'd be ok with it.

HenshinFantasy

Jun 25, 2018
It depends on what you mean by "They don't hate them, they don't love them, they're just... food." If they are literally killing/eating humans without disregard, I personally would have a hard time relating to the demons. If, however, they "feed" off humans through sexual energy/body fluids/etc. then I'd be ok with it.
The second one. When I say demons feed off of humans, I mean that they feed off of human essence, life energy released by a human during sexual intercouse.

Jinnai

Noodlz.
Donor
Jun 26, 2018
Is it purely M/M and if so, is it explained why? Not that I don't like it, would just like to know why the demons only focus on male humans .

Apart from that, I like the setting. I'm a fan of playing the other side of the story for once.

HenshinFantasy

Jun 25, 2018
Is it purely M/M and if so, is it explained why? Not that I don't like it, would just like to know why the demons only focus on male humans .

Apart from that, I like the setting. I'm a fan of playing the other side of the story for once.
Males are the only humans who have essence. Females, rather then having essence, instead have mana, a different type of life energy that, while similar to essence on the surface, is actually very different. There are a lot of differences between the two but one most relevent to this question is that mana is an energy that is absorbed from outside sources, typically nature, while essence is a unique energy certain individuals, such as demons or human males, generate naturally.

Edit: Yes, it is a purely M/M game.

Jinnai

Noodlz.
Donor
Jun 26, 2018
Males are the only humans who have essence. Females, rather then having essence, instead have mana, a different type of life energy that, while similar to essence on the surface, is actually very different. There are a lot of differences between the two but one most relevent to this question is that mana is an energy that is absorbed from outside sources, typically nature, while essence is a unique energy certain individuals, such as demons or human males, generate naturally.

Edit: Yes, it is a purely M/M game.
That's quite specific. But since it's the essence the demons are after, how exactly is the intercourse thing going to happen? Naturally, I don't want you to spoil every tidbit, but I'm quite interested.

Like, are the demons in general gay and enjoy taking the essence, or is it just a necessity for them that doesn't invoke any particular desires or feelings?

HenshinFantasy

Jun 25, 2018
That's quite specific. But since it's the essence the demons are after, how exactly is the intercourse thing going to happen? Naturally, I don't want you to spoil every tidbit, but I'm quite interested.

Like, are the demons in general gay and enjoy taking the essence, or is it just a necessity for them that doesn't invoke any particular desires or feelings?
All demons have the ability to manipulate the desires of humans. While this isn't an ability that's all that effective at getting a human to desire something they never wanted, its very effective at getting a human who desires something but is holding himelf back for whatever reason to give into that desire and take action.

Using this ability, a demon is able to cause humans who are attracted to him to give into their sexual desire and either beg to be fucked by the demon in question or assault the demon in question as soon as their desire becomes too much. Certain humans have a greater resistence to this ability then others for whatever reason but in general, unless the demon in question is very young and isn't really that good at using this ability yet, he isn't going to have any trouble getting essence from humans.

It depends on the demon. Demons have very high sex drives, this is a biological thing rather then a character trait, and as such aren't really opposed to sexual intercourse of any kind. This includes having sex with humans. For most demons however, sex with humans isn't as enjoyable as sex with other demons and, as such, a lot of them tend to stick to having sex with humans who fit a certain criteria, such as having a certain hair color or being within a certain age range.

I hope I answered your question. It actually took me a while to get the words I wanted to say right and I'm afraid I might not have understood you properly.