3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
10-4, and thanks for the clarification. Incidentally though, NTR and Cuck themes is what almost everyone in America, Europe and Russia is after (dysfunctional, warped minds that we are) and what you're describing for the continuation of your project (and truly no cynicism meant here) seems more like what emos and young girls are after... but hey, it's your baby.
That's not entirely true. I wouldn't say "almost everyone". Judging by all of the complaining in other game threads about including NTR in VN's, I would say there is almost as many that hate it as there are that like it around here.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
10-4, and thanks for the clarification. Incidentally though, NTR and Cuck themes is what almost everyone in America, Europe and Russia is after (dysfunctional, warped minds that we are) and what you're describing for the continuation of your project (and truly no cynicism meant here) seems more like what emos and young girls are after... but hey, it's your baby.
That's not entirely true. I wouldn't say "almost everyone". Judging by all of the complaining in other game threads about including NTR in VN's, I would say there is almost as many that hate it as there are that like it around here.
I feel like if you have lots of it, you'll get an insane amount of people telling you it's crap, awful and no-one wants it. On the other hand, if you have none or little you'll be told everyone wants it and you should add it. Happy people are quiet people.

If I add it back, then I'll add like 5 scenes at once. I tried adding one scene at a time and it seemed like the worst of both worlds. It's not something I find erotic at all, far from it, but I do like writing about new and different things, so adding the content interests me, but I don't play it.

Reactions: Mt PewPew

Triune

Jun 5, 2017
I'll be uploading a fix tonight that allows skipping the weekend. There will be content that fills up the weekends but until then, this will help.

Right now, Girlfriend and Pet are in, Servant and Slave will be added in the next two updates. They'll have their own scenes and interactions.

Other characters will return once locations such as the school and bar come back. I'm not sure about NTR/cuck because it caused me a headache.

Now that you choose your affinity, rather than the old path system, you are already in the relationship with Sarah.

I should make you actually select an affinity when you choose your name. I'll write that down.
was the headache from people complaining or just had a hard time writing your characters going through that? Also just wanted to say, really like the steps you are taking with the game, I know people like to nit pick but it is really moving in a good direction.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
was the headache from people complaining or just had a hard time writing your characters going through that? Also just wanted to say, really like the steps you are taking with the game, I know people like to nit pick but it is really moving in a good direction.
Thanks. The headache was feedback. It wasn't awful but for something that I was 'just trying' it wasn't worth it.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Shaping Her Future v0.09.1.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

@Ellaraia on little advice, when you enter the game menu to change your extra settings (names, incest, tutorial...), don't jump to shiftLocation, just do a return. the game menu screen is created in a new context. with a jump you never leave this context. try and change your name and play a while afterwards. now hit <esc> and you're exactly where you left for the game menu, because now you have left the game menu context.
I didn't read your advice before. Thanks for the help. I'll change it.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Can someone update the OP with 0.09.02 links?

@muttdoggy @N7

Is this what I'm supposed to do? I'd don't like annoying people, especially mods.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
even with the official incest mod they appear to be lovers already in the beginning.
You need to change your relationship under affinity on the preferences menu. you are told this at the start of the game, press escape, select preferences, then under affinity change girlfriend to sister.
see images:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
You need to change your relationship under affinity on the preferences menu. you are told this at the start of the game, press escape, select preferences, then under affinity change girlfriend to sister.
see images:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's now better to use the affinity selector beneath Sarah's portrait.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
even with the official incest mod they appear to be lovers already in the beginning.
That is the case. This isn't a game where you progress from nothing to having sex with your sister. This happened years ago and you can learn about how by talking to Sarah each afternoon. You and your sister have moved to escape the dangers of family and friends knowing about your relationship. Now you're getting on with your life together.

Reactions: Hones

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
just fyi, i've updated the linked in the op with my unofficial android port of Shaping Her Future v0.09.02.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It's now better to use the affinity selector beneath Sarah's portrait.
New bug: when you click on that new selector beneath her portrait the list of choices remains displayed after you pick one, and even if you change rooms. The list should collapse back once you've picked something, or if you change rooms.

Reactions: Ellaraia

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That is the case. This isn't a game where you progress from nothing to having sex with your sister. This happened years ago and you can learn about how by talking to Sarah each afternoon. You and your sister have moved to escape the dangers of family and friends knowing about your relationship. Now you're getting on with your life together.
Good job in fixing the bugs. Thanks. I'm really enjoying all of that well-written sister dialogue when talking to her on the couch -- and getting Story Time XP for it.

I do have one comment, regarding the new skip weekend option. Why would anyone choose to use it? When you click it you end up not getting any of the work XP or money from your job, nor the IQ boosts you can get by visiting the library. Using that option is literally the same effect as you deciding to take a nap during each and every time segment. IOW, to save yourself some clicking you sacrifice a bunch of XP, money, and stat boosting. Seems silly to me. This will only become worse as you add more stuff to do on the weekends in future updates.

There's also a small bug with this new skip weekend button: it stays on the screen even when you're on or past the time of day when it would skip to. I'm guessing that's because it's checking to see if it's still a weekend day, and doesn't bother to also check for time of day. That should be an easy fix in the code (just expand the IF conditional with another AND condition).

EDIT: just confirmed my suspicions about the skip bug. If you're on Sunday Night and press the button it will roll you back to Evening (or skip an entire week?).

Last edited:

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
New bug: when you click on that new selector beneath her portrait the list of choices remains displayed after you pick one, and even if you change rooms. The list should collapse back once you've picked something, or if you change rooms.
Good job in fixing the bugs. Thanks. I'm really enjoying all of that well-written sister dialogue when talking to her on the couch -- and getting Story Time XP for it.

I do have one comment, regarding the new skip weekend option. Why would anyone choose to use it? When you click it you end up not getting any of the work XP or money from your job, nor the IQ boosts you can get by visiting the library. Using that option is literally the same effect as you deciding to take a nap during each and every time segment. IOW, to save yourself some clicking you sacrifice a bunch of XP, money, and stat boosting. Seems silly to me. This will only become worse as you add more stuff to do on the weekends in future updates.

There's also a small bug with this new skip weekend button: it stays on the screen even when you're on or past the time of day when it would skip to. I'm guessing that's because it's checking to see if it's still a weekend day, and doesn't bother to also check for time of day. That should be an easy fix in the code (just expand the IF conditional with another AND condition).

EDIT: just confirmed my suspicions about the skip bug. If you're on Sunday Night and press the button it will roll you back to Evening (or skip an entire week?).
If you click the affinity button that gives you the menu, the menu is removed again. It should be as you said though, I'll fix that now. I'll look into the weekend skip bug too. It doesn't skip a week, just resets you. Not that there's any difference really until I add time-sensitive moods (period, birthday, christmas, valentine's day...).

I've already had a few people say they love the skip weekend option. Not everyone wants the maximum amount of xp per in game day. I'm not faulting you, I want people to play like you do, but the button is for them. I don't intend for it to stay forever. Once there's enough content to make the weekends fun, I'll remove it. In 0.11 it will probably not exist when you're playing the servant/maid affinity as Sarah cleans the apartment on Saturdays.

I'm glad you're enjoying the sister backstory. I enjoyed writing it. There will be more moments of reminiscence in future for this affinity.

Side note, I think I'll make you able to ask Sister Sarah to clean the apartment for you, or have her do it anyway on weekends. That way you can get the maid/servant content with the sister affinity. Slave will probably have to have a sister(slave) affinity of its own though, which will be the same as slave but with dialogue tweaks.

Reactions: Hones

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Side note, I think I'll make you able to ask Sister Sarah to clean the apartment for you, or have her do it anyway on weekends. That way you can get the maid/servant content with the sister affinity.
This sounds awesome! Can hardly wait to see it.

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes